+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bale scores v Deportivo

Bale scores v Deportivo

Currently 1 nil, only a tap in but with Ronaldo out, be a good chance to silence a few critics whilst it also bodes well for the WC qualifiers.

Re: Bale scores v Deportivo

Good to see Bale start & score with 2 vital world cup qualifiers coming up

2-0 now.

He couldn't really miss Mike

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    He couldn't really miss Mike
    Very true but even the best strikers need goals for confidence. Will do him nor us no harm at all.

I noticed that quite a few Welshies have scored goals over the last week too.

Still seems like they hardly pass to him. Especially Isco, who pops up everywhere. Starting to look like one of the top players around imo.

If bale went to united, I reckon they could win champions league. How good would bale look then!!

I'd much rather see Bale play for a British side. I can't believe he's played for Real Madrid though. Times flies, eh?

Much has changed in my life since he left Spurs, as I'm sure it has for lots of you.

He needed that.
    Didn't know Wolves and Deportivo shared the same players judging by their reactions to every bit of contact.

Excellent assist for Tony Kroos as well.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I'd much rather see Bale play for a British side. I can't believe he's played for Real Madrid though. Times flies, eh?

Much has changed in my life since he left Spurs, as I'm sure it has for lots of you.
    People keep rejecting the idea immediately....

Bale will never be a big name in Spain after he is finished. He is big in the UK.

If he came back to be at Man United it would be HUGE. I reckon he should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Bale will never be a big name in Spain after he is finished. He is big in the UK.
    I don't know about that. He's a key player in one of the most successful club teams in history. They've won the champions league 3 times in 4 years. He's front page (or back page) news out there and often mentioned in Zidanes press conference, either lauding him or clearing up speculation (or more often regarding his fitness). I think he's one of the biggest names in football, never mind Spain. Haven't you seen is Facebook, he has fans EVERYWHERE. Millions of them saying I love you Bale etc.

But I'd love him back in the prem

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I don't know about that. He's a key player in one of the most successful club teams in history. They've won the champions league 3 times in 4 years. He's front page (or back page) news out there and often mentioned in Zidanes press conference, either lauding him or clearing up speculation (or more often regarding his fitness). I think he's one of the biggest names in football, never mind Spain. Haven't you seen is Facebook, he has fans EVERYWHERE. Millions of them saying I love you Bale etc.

But I'd love him back in the prem
    I haven't seen much of the media over there if I am honest.

I am just basing it on the fact he isn't the biggest personality around.

Ye ive seen some of the accounts on twitter. IloveBale as there username etc from an asian or south america country!.

I haven't seen much of the media over there if I am honest.

I am just basing it on the fact he isn't the biggest personality around.

Ye ive seen some of the accounts on twitter. IloveBale as there username etc from an asian or south america country!.
    Lay off him mate. For some reason you are always putting him down.

He's the greatest Welsh player ever, we should be celebrating him, not picking faults.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Lay off him mate. For some reason you are always putting him down.

He's the greatest Welsh player ever, we should be celebrating him, not picking faults.
    Don't get me wrong, he is a legend and if he retired tomorrow we would have memories of him and that squad that no welshmen will probably ever beat.

Maybe wait till about 30 then make the move. Either way I reckon seeing him in the premier league again would be quality.

Imagine him winning the league with Man United? That with the CL wins.....that legacy would be untouchable.

Don't get me wrong, he is a legend and if he retired tomorrow we would have memories of him and that squad that no welshmen will probably ever beat.

Maybe wait till about 30 then make the move. Either way I reckon seeing him in the premier league again would be quality.

Imagine him winning the league with Man United? That with the CL wins.....that legacy would be untouchable.
    He's more than just the figurehead for "that" Welsh squad.

He's the most successful British player to play overseas surely?

Also, the season before he left for Madrid surely has to rank as one of the best individual performances in a season. He was untouchable in that last season for Spurs. It's a shame they had nowhere near the squad they have now.

Yes he had a below par season last year, but it was stop start with injury, yet for some reason people want to use it as a stick to beat him with.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He's more than just the figurehead for "that" Welsh squad.

He's the most successful British player to play overseas surely?

Also, the season before he left for Madrid surely has to rank as one of the best individual performances in a season. He was untouchable in that last season for Spurs. It's a shame they had nowhere near the squad they have now.

Yes he had a below par season last year, but it was stop start with injury, yet for some reason people want to use it as a stick to beat him with.
    He must be on par now with John Charles as our best ever player abroad? Perhaps he is waiting for us to get back into Premiership before coming home!