+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bogle to play tomorrow?

Bogle to play tomorrow?

I see our new signing Omar Bogle wasn't in the Wigan squad for their First Round League Cup tie, so I'd expect to play at least part of the game tomorrow,

Re: Bogle to play tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I see our new signing Omar Bogle wasn't in the Wigan squad for their First Round League Cup tie, so I'd expect to play at least part of the game tomorrow,
    Hmm, my missing out the word "him" has altered what I was supposed to be saying somewhat - I suppose I'd better make sure my phone is switched on and by my side all day today

Good luck Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Good luck Bob.
    I'll certainly need it .

Would love to read Bob's review of that game.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Would love to read Bob's review of that game.
    I've been having trouble picking a City Man of the Match recently because we have so many playing well at the same time, but I don't think it would be a problem for that game.

Hmm, my missing out the word "him" has altered what I was supposed to be saying somewhat - I suppose I'd better make sure my phone is switched on and by my side all day today
    Well I was going anyway but now I'm really excited! Quite keen to see Bogle in action as well.

I am expecting to see Bogle start, along with Murphy, Halford, Manga, O'Keefe, Kennedy, Tomlin, Ward & Pilkington (as long as Warnock has forgiven him for his poor display v Portsmouth).

Are any of the players with short term injuries ready to play i.e. Bennett & Connolly? Is Camp anywhere near full fitness, if so could we see him play?

Don't think Camp will be ready for a few weeks yet and, even if Connolly is training again, I would have thought he would be more likely to be on the bench - Bennett may play I suppose.

I'd like to see him start, it would be a perfect run out for him especially as Burton are a Championship side

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    I am expecting to see Bogle start, along with Murphy, Halford, Manga, O'Keefe, Kennedy, Tomlin, Ward & Pilkington (as long as Warnock has forgiven him for his poor display v Portsmouth).

Are any of the players with short term injuries ready to play i.e. Bennett & Connolly? Is Camp anywhere near full fitness, if so could we see him play?
    Think you might not be far off there. Noone on the bench perhaps? Halford will definitely start.

Despite us fielding a weaker side, I'm quite optimistic. I think Burton's ascension in the leagues is in part due to their TINY pitch which seems to turn a football match into a pinball game. (I always thought Arsenal moving away from Highbury was on small factor as to why they lost dominance). You really need a different gameplan when you go there and those opening day points are precious. It should be a different game entirely tomorrow.

Perhaps Pilkinton's last audition to stay. Will be interesting to gauge his desire and body language. I'm hoping O'Keefe proves a point to Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I'd like to see him start, it would be a perfect run out for him especially as Burton are a Championship side
    Maybe back in the day but I'm sure he's over 60 now.

Blue in the Face

I love that picture of Warnock. It's crying out for a photshopping. Dagger in right hand. Nuno Santo's head dangling from a pigtail of his left hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    I love that picture of Warnock. It's crying out for a photshopping though. Dagger in right hand. Nuno Santo's head dangling from a pigtail of his left hand.
    Over to you, Cyclops!!

Just checked to see if I hadn't turned my phone off by accident. At 61, I reckon I might be City's oldest ever debutante if I get the "nod" from Warnock - then my problems really start .

We need a chant for our new signing Bob Tobw-Wilson \O/

Ben Turner to return for Burton after his suspension:

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/sport/fo...-albion-357445

Just checked to see if I hadn't turned my phone off by accident. At 61, I reckon I might be City's oldest ever debutante if I get the "nod" from Warnock - then my problems really start .
    Would your review be of an old wise adding much needed experience or a rejuvinated young 61 full of steroids bounding around the park like a demented Joey Barton, only to find ourselves heavily critised in the midlands for not playing the real passing game .

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Noone on the bench perhaps?
    At the moment it looks like the best offer we've had for Noone is a 4/5 month loan deal, which is why Warnock doesn't want to play him.

Given you can only turn out for two clubs in a season, Warnock would have to take Noone back on when his loan expires. He doesn't want a repeat of the Amos situation last season.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Jamsarnie View Post
    At the moment it looks like the best offer we've had for Noone is a 4/5 month loan deal, which is why Warnock doesn't want to play him.

Given you can only turn out for two clubs in a season, Warnock would have to take Noone back on when his loan expires. He doesn't want a repeat of the Amos situation last season.
    Good point. Totally forgot about this. In which case I'm sure we won't see him.

He has literally become no one.

John, Meite, Harris, Coxe & O'Keefe not involved with the U23's today so unless any of them are injured safe to assume that they will be involved with the first team tomorrow

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    John, Meite, Harris, Coxe & O'Keefe not involved with the U23's today so unless any of them are injured safe to assume that they will be involved with the first team tomorrow
    Really hope Coxe makes his debut. Could have the knock on effect of raising his profile for clubs interested in loaning him.

Any chance Declan John might get some game time? I notice he didn't play for the development team either.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Would your review be of an old wise adding much needed experience or a rejuvinated young 61 full of steroids bounding around the park like a demented Joey Barton, only to find ourselves heavily critised in the midlands for not playing the real passing game .
    Think it would be very much the first of those two options - I started off my footballing life as a "goal hanger" in the six yard box and that's how I'll end it I reckon.

TOBW deserves his chance, let's be fair he hasn't missed an u/23 game for a while!!!!!