+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: ipod help needed.

ipod help needed.

Need some iTunes/iPod advice from the clever people on here.

What I want to know is the easiest way to transfer music from an iPod touch to an iPod nano.

Can I back up the music somehow and then put it all on the nano or is there a way of transferring it all directly from one iPod to another.

Regular posters will know the drill by now - no technical jargon, just simple instructions for the hard of thinking.

Cheers good people.

Re: ipod help needed.

iTunes?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    iTunes?
    Yep it's all on iTunes.

Not purchased from there though.

Mostly cds that I've put onto iTunes

iTunes Match or make sure your cds are in your iTunes library and sync with your new iPod.

iTunes Match or make sure your cds are in your iTunes library and sync with your new iPod.
    1. Don't want to give apple any more money tbh.

2. How do I know if my cd's are in my iTunes library?

Edit: just realised my cds are in the iTunes library. However the problem I've got is that some are mine and some belong to my missus. Obviously I don't want her shit so I don't want to transfer it all (just my good stuff)

Doesn't it show you everything that's in your library?

Doesn't it show you everything that's in your library?
    It does, but the problem I've got is that I've got loads of stuff on my iPod that isn't in my library - all my cds are on there but there's other stuff that isn't (cd's I borrowed, songs downloaded from god knows where etc.)

I'm assuming the only way I'll be able to move everything is to copy directly from one iPod to another?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    It does, but the problem I've got is that I've got loads of stuff on my iPod that isn't in my library - all my cds are on there but there's other stuff that isn't (cd's I borrowed, songs downloaded from god knows where etc.)

I'm assuming the only way I'll be able to move everything is to copy directly from one iPod to another?
    If you've loaded your CD's onto your itunes library, then you shoudl be able to plug your new ipod into your computer and sync it.

If you've loaded your CD's onto your itunes library, then you shoudl be able to plug your new ipod into your computer and sync it.
    i think I need to explain this a bit further.

On my old laptop I had all my cd's plus a load of cd's that I borrowed, as well as individual songs (not sure where they came from tbh)

Then my old laptop broke and I bought a new one.

On my new laptop I've put my cd's onto iTunes. However I've got a load of music on my iPod that I don't have copies of so these are no longer in my library (just on my iPod)

If I plug my new iPod in and sync surely all I'll get is the stuff in my library (.i.e my cd's)

What I need is a way of getting everything off my old iPod onto the new one.

Ah, in that case, I 'm all out of ideas.

Unless one of our younger, more technically savvy friends can help I think you're knackered.

Hope this helps

https://www.copytrans.net/

This should do everything you need.
    Its an alternative to itunes and a lot more user friendly in my opinion.

Unless one of our younger, more technically savvy friends can help I think you're knackered.

Hope this helps
    No worries.

Your effforts have been much appreciated Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    https://www.copytrans.net/

This should do everything you need.
    Its an alternative to itunes and a lot more user friendly in my opinion.
    I'll give it a go.

Cheers for that.

Hope this helps
    No problem.

I shall now get back to tormenting jursett

Ok so it looks like if I want to use one of these file transfer thingys then I've got to pay for the privilege?

Just out of interest, this iTunes Match thing - will it let me put all the music on my iPod into the storage bit (I'm assuming that's it's the cloud?) or just what's in my library?

I've had a little look but it doesn't really make much sense to me.

If you plug your ipod into the laptop without using iTunes can you access it as a storage device through the my computer tab then just drag and drop all your files into a folder then transfer that folder to iTunes?

If you plug your ipod into the laptop without using iTunes can you access it as a storage device through the my computer tab then just drag and drop all your files into a folder then transfer that folder to iTunes?
    Doesn't seem to let me do that.

Probably easier to just stick with the old iPod.

In my head, this is Lector

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSINO6MKtco

Doesn't work for me.

I get to step five and mine is different. It won't let me click 'enable disk use' but the other option is ticked so I'm assuming it should be ok? However step six is different as well. Mine shows my iPod but when I click on it there's nothing to drag across apart from two little files - no music at all??

Fair play, we never had any of this shite back in the old days.

I would have smashed him in the face with his gramophone.

So, to sum up, you're having trouble reflecting your records?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    So, to sum up, you're having trouble reflecting your records?
    If I wanted some sensible advice from your household then I'd be asking the one who wears the trousers.

Doesn't work for me.

I get to step five and mine is different. It won't let me click 'enable disk use' but the other option is ticked so I'm assuming it should be ok? However step six is different as well. Mine shows my iPod but when I click on it there's nothing to drag across apart from two little files - no music at all??

Fair play, we never had any of this shite back in the old days.
    Ah, I missed the bit when you said it was an ipod touch.
    Got me beat then, sorry.

Though that method works when clearing photos from my daughters touch, never tried music files.
    Google may be your friend.

Blog Entries

If I wanted some sensible advice from your household then I'd be asking the one who wears the trousers.

I don't use itunes or have a phone so I'm no help I'm afraid, try following a vid and pause it while you follow each step, might be easier.

https://www.imobie.com/support/trans...er-to-ipod.htm

https://tunesgo.wondershare.com/ipod...r-to-ipod.html