+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Will you be tuning in?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 35.00%
  • No

26 65.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mcgregor v mayweather

mcgregor v mayweather

I'm sure others have read it but that Guardian article about Mcgregor I think is a great read:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...ing-or-bury-it

They went to New York the previous home of boxing and spoke to some of the proper old wisehead:

“This fight isn’t bad for boxing,” DiBella says. “Boxing’s been bad for boxing for a long time now. It went from being one of the one or two biggest sports in America to, in a half-century, becoming marginalized.

“The decline of boxing was hastened by the fact there is no monopoly in boxing. There is no one dominant company in boxing. Boxing has had a decline largely based on its own inability to govern itself. There hasn’t been a sensible business model or paradigm for the industry in years and years.”

And most importantly:

“I don’t believe anyone’s getting cheated, I don’t believe it’s immoral or unethical,” DiBella says. “It is what it is. The world is the world. There are a lot of things I shake my head at all the time in 21st-century America. People like events and celebrity and conflict and immediate gratification.

“I don’t understand the Kardashians being stars. I don’t understand Housewife shows. But let’s cut all the self-righteousness, let’s cut all the pseudo-intellectual analysis and cut to the bottom line. It’s happening because a lot of people want to pay to see it.”

Apple, the next games console, terrible youtube videos, soulless disney characters all created to trick your children and in turn bleed you dry etc etc. All created to bleed you dry.

Will you be watching? I am going to tune in I think but not paying full wack.

Re: mcgregor v mayweather

I can't stand Mayweather but I can't stand Mgregor more. Today he's talking about ripping Floyds head off and kicking it around like a football.

I do like that 21st century analogy

I don't give a shit about this silly wwe fight. It's ridiculous, so ridiculous that i can't even face reading what is said in the op.

Pathetic that Floyd will beat Marciano's record by beating someone who can't box.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I don't give a shit about this silly wwe fight. It's ridiculous, so ridiculous that i can't even face reading what is said in the op.

Pathetic that Floyd will beat Marciano's record by beating someone who can't box.
    Even more pathetic is the non boxer is getting 100m US dollars for it

Makes a mockery of those with far more skill, who have dedicated their lives to it, who will never get anywhere near that kind of pay day

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I can't stand Mayweather but I can't stand Mgregor more. Today he's talking about ripping Floyds head off and kicking it around like a football.
    Ye there really isn't a good guy in this. Both full time dicks.

And what is worse is they're both winners regardless of the result.

It is a giant waste of time. I am more interested in watching their ring entrances and all the stuff around it.

If I had to choose a winner I think id want mayweather. We wouldnt hear the end of it if CM does it.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Ye there really isn't a good guy in this. Both full time dicks.

And what is worse is they're both winners regardless of the result.

It is a giant waste of time. I am more interested in watching their ring entrances and all the stuff around it.

If I had to choose a winner I think id want mayweather. We wouldnt hear the end of it if CM does it.
    Hopefully they will both knock each other out cold at exactly the same time ala Rocky Balboa.

I won't be paying for it. Eddie Hearn has ripped us off enough as it with his mismatches.

It's no lose for McGregor. He's expected to lose and if he does he will just go back to UFC with his 100m cheque in his pocket.

Any streams?

Its all going to go off at 6 am Sunday morning. Which is too much to keep going from a Saturday night out, and its not an attractive enough proposition for me to get up that early to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Its all going to go off at 6 am Sunday morning. Which is too much to keep going from a Saturday night out, and its not an attractive enough proposition for me to get up that early to watch it.
    Is that the fight time? **** that.

yeah I hate entertainment in sports too! that Mohammad Ali was such an annoying sportsman!

why cant these fighters just queue up emotionlessly like snooker players do before a match huh!

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    yeah I hate entertainment in sports too! that Mohammad Ali was such an annoying sportsman!

why cant these fighters just queue up emotionlessly like snooker players do before a match huh!
    Ah bless. Made such a tw@t of yourself on your other account you've made a new one.

Ali had charisma and stage presence, something these two really lack

Mayweather has been drifting out in odds, with nothing coming out of the McGregor camp to justify it.
    A part of me is wondering if this fight is going to be completely legit. Half a mind to put a bet on a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Mayweather has been drifting out in odds, with nothing coming out of the McGregor camp to justify it.
    A part of me is wondering if this fight is going to be completely legit. Half a mind to put a bet on a draw.
    A "shock" Mayweather loss, a rematch, and a decider. Sounds plausible.

You need to be a right mug to buy this shit. Who's on the undercard?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    You need to be a right mug to buy this shit. Who's on the undercard?
    Badou Jack v Cleverley

Badou Jack v Cleverley
    Completely forgot about that.

Hopefully he comes out of basshunter again with that bandana infront of the worlds media

If MacGregor loses his head, not literally, I can see him chucking in a few kicks and other illegal moves. Could be really funny.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Ali had charisma and stage presence, something these two really lack
    atleast they are trying, they aren't exactly actors yknow..

atleast they are trying, they aren't exactly actors yknow..
    So mugs like you will fork out the money to watch it.

I quite enjoy that they can't sell it out.

Hyped like a wrestling match.In my time the bigger the hype the bigger the disappointment.It'll be something else in 12 months,the next biggest thing since time began.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    If MacGregor loses his head, not literally, I can see him chucking in a few kicks and other illegal moves. Could be really funny.
    No he wont, there are heavy penalty clauses in the contract, that mean Mcgregor will lose his payday if he does this.