I'm sure others have read it but that Guardian article about Mcgregor I think is a great read:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...ing-or-bury-it

They went to New York the previous home of boxing and spoke to some of the proper old wisehead:

“This fight isn’t bad for boxing,” DiBella says. “Boxing’s been bad for boxing for a long time now. It went from being one of the one or two biggest sports in America to, in a half-century, becoming marginalized.

“The decline of boxing was hastened by the fact there is no monopoly in boxing. There is no one dominant company in boxing. Boxing has had a decline largely based on its own inability to govern itself. There hasn’t been a sensible business model or paradigm for the industry in years and years.”

And most importantly:

“I don’t believe anyone’s getting cheated, I don’t believe it’s immoral or unethical,” DiBella says. “It is what it is. The world is the world. There are a lot of things I shake my head at all the time in 21st-century America. People like events and celebrity and conflict and immediate gratification.

“I don’t understand the Kardashians being stars. I don’t understand Housewife shows. But let’s cut all the self-righteousness, let’s cut all the pseudo-intellectual analysis and cut to the bottom line. It’s happening because a lot of people want to pay to see it.”

Apple, the next games console, terrible youtube videos, soulless disney characters all created to trick your children and in turn bleed you dry etc etc. All created to bleed you dry.

Will you be watching? I am going to tune in I think but not paying full wack.