+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's happening off the pitch in recent months is just as important as what is going on it...

Re: What's happening off the pitch in recent months is just as important as what is going on it...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Seriously, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Warnock stepped aside if we did get promoted - he will have got the record he craves for and I don't get the impression that he would be over keen on managing in the Premier League at the age of seventy.
    I think you're right tobw, and while part of me would like to see him have one final season in the Prem, I suspect he'll want to retire on a high, and who could blame him? I'd also hate to see him end up getting fired if things didn't go well.

Re: What's happening off the pitch in recent months is just as important as what is going on it...

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Sorry forgot about Peltier but we will have to agree to disagree on the rest. Slade had nothing to do with Saadi and Zohore, Kennedy has been with us 2.5 years and played a handful of games, and I don't rate SOK at all. As for getting a few quid for Ajayi it was so minimal I doubt it covered half the wages he was paid.

I honestly think we did ok in spite of Slade, not because of him, because we still had a decent squad of players who were here before he arrived.

I'm sorry my hatred for Slade is almost as irrational as my hatred for Phil Taylor. I just can't find it in myself to give him any credit, I think he's the biggest fraud in league football.
    I can definitely get on board with the Phil Taylor hate, and I'm not a massive fan of Slade but he did keep us ticking over at least. The gulf between a Slade and a Warnock is there for all to see, having said that, Slade did a much better job than Trollope, and he's done a half decent job lower down the leagues. I watched Orient a few times when he was there (long story!) and they played good stuff.

In balance, we could have done a lot better without Slade but equally, worse. He's middle of the road. I absolutely loathe and detest OGS, pity Trollope and am pretty ambivalent to Slade. He's got a lot of flaws but he also played a large part in getting us back in blue, so I'll always be grateful for that (I know that as an absolute fact).

NW seems to think Kennedy is a good player as well, so I'll give him another chance. It was when Slade spent actual fees that he messed it up. Slade chose SOK and Doyle over Clucas and Hourihane, both of whom that we were linked with heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I think you're right tobw, and while part of me would like to see him have one final season in the Prem, I suspect he'll want to retire on a high, and who could blame him? I'd also hate to see him end up getting fired if things didn't go well.
    I'm torn, I think he'd love one last crack to prove people wrong. Equally, he could leave as a hero.