+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Brutish" Cardiff.

"Brutish" Cardiff.

And still they keep on coming, but, are my eyes deceiving me or is there a growing acceptance from the great entitled that we were actually the better side?

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport...ity-2--report/

Re: "Brutish" Cardiff.

A load of wimps, it's going to be a long,long and very disappointing season for them and after all these exaggerations and bare faced lies they deserve it

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And still they keep on coming, but, are my eyes deceiving me or is there a growing acceptance from the great entitled that we were actually the better side?

I don't think so. I think it is more patronising than anything and are still upset we didn't roll out the red carpet and let them with 3 or 4 nil. They'll refuse to admit we actually played some nice stuff and are physical. They must have forgotten the McCarthy years when they had Karl Henry and Co.

My big box of ****s to give is empty at the moment.
    All that matters to us right now is that 1. We're being entertained 2. We can see fire and passion (sorry) on the pitch 3. We're winning.
    What the rest of the football world thinks of us has zero interest to me.
    If they don't like us, I really really don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I don't think so. I think it is more patronising than anything and are still upset we didn't roll out the red carpet and let them with 3 or 4 nil. They'll refuse to admit we actually played some nice stuff and are physical. They must have forgotten the McCarthy years when they had Karl Henry and Co.
    Exactly. Id understand if this were Arsenal or Barca, even some other club famed for its footballing traditions like say Soton. But this is Wolves ffs. Its like McCarthy never happened. They need to man up pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Exactly. Id understand if this were Arsenal or Barca, even some other club famed for its footballing traditions like say Soton. But this is Wolves ffs. Its like McCarthy never happened. They need to man up pretty quickly.
    Sorry to repeat myself, but;-

Q. Which Championship side had the most yellow cards in 2016/17?

A. Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Q. Which Championship side had the fifth best disciplinary record (including the second lowest number of yellow cards) in 16/17?

A. Cardiff City.

Q. Which Championship side had the fifth best disciplinary record (including the second lowest number of yellow cards) in 16/17?

A. Cardiff City.

Wolves would probably say that the refs are too scared to book our players

A. Cardiff City.
    I should imagine that most of their yellows last season were for diving if this seasons anything to go by

This season they've already had two more bookings than us

Will it be brutish Southampton if they lose tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    [/B]

Wolves would probably say that the refs are too scared to book our players
    We commit different types of fouls to them as well.

Wolves are fast becoming my most despised club in the championship. I have honestly never seen anything like this after losing a football match to a better team.

I hope this sense of entitlement causes them to crash and burn.

A. Cardiff City.
    Aye but that's because all the refs are Welsh

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Wolves are fast becoming my most despised club in the championship. I have honestly never seen anything like this after losing a football match to a better team.

Exactly. Compare and contrast against comments made by the Sheffield United fans.

I know we have blue tinted glasses, but I don't think I've seen us play better football since the Dave Jones era

Never seen the phrase "sense of entitlement used so much" are people on commission?

I've gone from the laughing at them stage to the pitying them stage back to the laughing stage and now I'm at the Oh f uck off and get over yourselves stage.

They are the most precious bunch - from a team that once cheered Kevin Muscat

They are truly pathetic

Never known such a pathetic bunch of whingers in my life.

Will give me great satisfaction to see them crash and burn now.

OK, we all have a moan and I'm one of the worst for thinking sometimes refs are against us, but they are taking it to a completely new level.

It's almost like they think football should be a non contact sport ( unless that is they are committing the foul - as they actually committed more than us on Saturday)

I've seen plenty of dirty sides, and we aren't even in the (old) 2nd division with the players we've got.

There isn't even one City player who I would term as dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Never known such a pathetic bunch of whingers in my life.

Will give me great satisfaction to see them crash and burn now.

OK, we all have a moan and I'm one of the worst for thinking sometimes refs are against us, but they are taking it to a completely new level.

It's almost like they think football should be a non contact sport ( unless that is they are committing the foul - as they actually committed more than us on Saturday)

I've seen plenty of dirty sides, and we aren't even in the (old) 2nd division with the players we've got.

There isn't even one City player who I would term as dirty.
    Talking of which, guess how many yellow cards Romain Saisse (the victim of Damour's attempted assassination on Saturday) has picked up since August 2015?

A. Cardiff City.
    They do seem to suffer from selective memory. Remember Karl Henry et al and opposition fans chanting "Disgrace to the Premiership".

Of course back then they were just a committed side, giving 100% effort.

Talking of which, guess how many yellow cards Romain Saisse (the victim of Damour's attempted assassination on Saturday) has picked up since August 2015?
    Well he's had one in each of his last two matches, so I'm guessing quite a few?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Well he's had one in each of his last two matches, so I'm guessing quite a few?
    Twenty six.

I'll go with 1 per football season month and say 20?

They do seem quite sensitive.

I've never particularly thought of Wolves as some sort of football mecca where they play beautiful football. It's a shame that we didn't have the privilege to have seen it in full flow.

A bit like when I went to Barcelona expecting to be entertained but it rained and they got beat.

Wolves should refund those who travelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    They do seem to suffer from selective memory. Remember Karl Henry et al and opposition fans chanting "Disgrace to the Premiership".

Of course back then they were just a committed side, giving 100% effort.
    We were using gamesmanship (which is perfectly legitimate), they were just honest, hardworking lads.

It was funny at first, now it is just annoying and I hope they completely decombust when every other side plays a physical style against them. Most will lose though, as we're actually able to play. Fans are one thing but their journos are still harping on about it. They're supposed to be professional!

As you said in another thread, I thought it was the worst time to play Wolves, now I think it was the best. They were completely unprepared for a team with any physical presence.

Twenty six.
    Those same Welsh refs?

Paul

A Wolves season ticket holder who I know well gave me his honest opinion on the game this morning. His view is that the fouls Cardiff committed were of the niggly, disruptive type rather than anything nasty and were very effective in preventing the Wolves "creative" players from doing the job they had done previously this season (leading him to question their "bottle" over a Championship season). He was quite happy to state that Cardiff were overall the better team and deserved to win. He was also close to the claimed Damour "elbow in the throat" claim and said it was nothing of the sort.