+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Brutish" Cardiff.

Re: "Brutish" Cardiff.

The return fixture is on 7th April. I think we should start selling tickets for that game now, just for the fun of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    They do seem quite sensitive.

I've never particularly thought of Wolves as some sort of football mecca where they play beautiful football. It's a shame that we didn't have the privilege to have seen it in full flow.

A bit like when I went to Barcelona expecting to be entertained but it rained and they got beat.

Wolves should refund those who travelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamsarnie View Post
    The return fixture is on 7th April. I think we should start selling tickets for that game now, just for the fun of it.
    Hopefully that's the game that crowns us champions.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Twenty six.
    Wow. I'd bet that's way over any of our players.

It's just looking more and more like sour grapes with everything I read

The more I think about it the more I think they were just completely shocked to see their team outplayed after their first 3 games and were just trying to justify it in a way that a. Made them feel it was just an aberration and b. That their silly pre match boasts that had been made to look very stupid indeed were actually logical and would have been correct but for cheating opponents and useless refs which were nothing to do with not actually being as good on the day as their opposition.

All of course backed up by the fact we have a physically big and hardworking side and a manager that demands a genuine 100% off every player

Just had one of those PPI cold calls where the town of the caller is revealed, only Wolverhampton wasn't it, I don't answer these as a rule, answered this one though, I was quite brutish with the poor bugger. He gave a nervous laugh & hung up.

I think that's a pretty fair report. They refer to us bullying Wolves but that can mean we were just stronger and outmuscled and outfought them, which we did. I'd rather have a strong disciplined side rather than one that cracks at the first opportunity. However everyone tends to ignore the pace and flair we have in the team, in addition to our strength from set plays and long throws. AT the moment we are strong and disciplined, fit, have flair and pace , haven';t conceded much and and can score. I'll settle for that.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I think that's a pretty fair report. They refer to us bullying Wolves but that can mean we were just stronger and outmuscled and outfought them, which we did. I'd rather have a strong disciplined side rather than one that cracks at the first opportunity. However everyone tends to ignore the pace and flair we have in the team, in addition to our strength from set plays and long throws. AT the moment we are strong and disciplined, fit, have flair and pace , haven';t conceded much and and can score. I'll settle for that.
    Spot on Tim, at the moment we are the perfect blend for the Championship. Wouldn't survive in the Prem I'd imagine with this squad but we're a perfect fit for this division.

They also out-fouled us. Maybe that was just the ref being biased though. As we all know, everyone loves Cardiff. We get everything.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And still they keep on coming, but, are my eyes deceiving me or is there a growing acceptance from the great entitled that we were actually the better side?

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport...ity-2--report/
    By the way, the post from the Cardiff fan in theee absolutely hits the nail on the head . 👍

Was it you ? Or another poster off here ?

Whilst its still fresh in the mind given the absurd and excessive media outburst by their manager, its history; the table says 3 points to the City.

I've moved on to thinking about QPR when we'll face a different challenge which will assumedly be hotly contested given the identity of Rangers' manager and of course Warnock will be up against another of his old clubs.

This could be the tightest game of our opening fixtures.

Do you think that maybe the term "bullying" I this instance is more about our physical stature/robust play rather than actually doing anything wrong.

I always feel Stoke, West Brom and Burnley would be deemed as playing to more thanthe sum of their parts I.e. bullying, as opposed to Arsenal, Citeh and those lot down west who would like to be thought of as playing the beautiful game? Passes and flicks but soft underbelly.

I like to think that Fergies approach with Utd was spot on. We play football but if you want a fight we will give you a fu***r.
    Bring it on.

Best feeling as Cardiff fan for years, we may not be the trendy team but you certainly aren't going to take the piss out of us.

Mention of stoke in this thread has reminded me of my reaction to Arsenal fan's criticism of the the Pulis edition: it's not Pulis's job to entertain Arsenal fans.

Apart from the recent edition of Barca where majority of player seemed small (and then you have issue with diving; plus busquets, pique and puyol) I can't name a single great team that wasn't physical as well as whatever other strengths they had. The wolves fans reaction to our performance is hysterical.