+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FT: Cardiff City 1 - 2 Burton Albion. Match thread

Re: FT: Cardiff City 1 - 2 Burton Albion. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Are you happy we lost just to score some points on a forum?

They made plenty of changes themselves
    Not at all.
    Twas you who poo poo-ed the notion that we might come a cropper with all our changes citing our strike force as being far superior.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Not at all.
    Twas you who poo poo-ed the notion that we might come a cropper with all our changes citing our strike force as being far superior.
    Pardon me for trying to champion our own players

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    Is it the bit about Tomlins scoring. I was right behind him and it looked like it went straight in. Still if Pilkington can claim it , maybe we can sell him this week, or give him away more like.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Is it the bit about Tomlins scoring. I was right behind him and it looked like it went straight in. Still if Pilkington can claim it , maybe we can sell him this week, or give him away more like.
    i thought it went straight in but i was not at a good angle to tell if Pilks got a touch.

Ward should have equalised but his goalbound header hit a City player on it's way to goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    i thought it went straight in but i was not at a good angle to tell if Pilks got a touch.

Ward should have equalised but his goalbound header hit a City player on it's way to goal.
    I was at a good angle and also thought it went straight in. Pilkington may claim it just flicked a follicle on its way past.

I'm always annoyed that we throw away chances like this, we came within a penalty kick of winning this competition. No matter what the cost, I still wish we went out and tried to win every game.

I'm with NYCBlue on this. If anyone thinks playing a weakened side against a very average Burton team, and going out of the competition with a wimper, will help our outside promotion hopes, then they are in cloud cuckoo land..

What about the 2012/13 season?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm always annoyed that we throw away chances like this, we came within a penalty kick of winning this competition. No matter what the cost, I still wish we went out and tried to win every game.
    I was there and can assure you that we did try to win and probably should have done on chances created. Dont forget we had a very hard game at Wolves on the weekend, so it was not surprising that there were so many changes. I am sure that Warnock sent them out to win and would have expected them to do so but with such a small crowds backing, Connolly coming gack from injury, Bogle & Coxe making debuts and a number of players who are on their way out of the club, Burton just had that bit extra (the refereee was also making his debut and was very weak/useless).

Guaranteed Burton get Man United, Swansea or someone.

But at the same time it could be a blessing as that'd be a distraction.

I wish we could fill that ground for just one game though it would be immense

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I'm with NYCBlue on this. If anyone thinks playing a weakened side against a very average Burton team, and going out of the competition with a wimper, will help our outside promotion hopes, then they are in cloud cuckoo land..
    It will help our league promotion hopes because Zohore, Gunnersson, Ralls etc will be well rested for the QPR game, Bogle, Ward, Tomlin and Connelly got matches under their belts. We didnt go out with a wimper either - should have won, with a number of chances created. Also why do you say 'outside' in your post, not the most optimistic 'fan' are you. Look at the league table, the way we have been playing and what most of the pundits are saying now and you will see that not everyone shares your view. According to Mr. Warnock we are all in 'cloud cuckoo land' anyway and rightly so, taking account of what we have witnessed so far and there's nothing wrong with that.

Re: Cardiff City v Burton Albion. Match thread

Why so negative? We've got a team packed full of senior players with 2 kids?

I bet Burton wished they could field a front three of Ward, Tomlin and Bogle.
    Prob not anymore?
    They had two youth kids in midfield who bossed a lot of the game and Turner eventually let Bogle out his pocket so we could substitute him. It is a worry that we had a pretty good side out their and we were beaten comfortably. It leads me to think that we have a v good first 11 but not really much else?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    It will help our league promotion hopes because Zohore, Gunnersson, Ralls etc will be well rested for the QPR game, Bogle, Ward, Tomlin and Connelly got matches under their belts. We didnt go out with a wimper either - should have won, with a number of chances created. Also why do you say 'outside' in your post, not the most optimistic 'fan' are you. Look at the league table, the way we have been playing and what most of the pundits are saying now and you will see that not everyone shares your view. According to Mr. Warnock we are all in 'cloud cuckoo land' anyway and rightly so, taking account of what we have witnessed so far and there's nothing wrong with that.
    There is no evidence to back up putting out weakened teams in certain games helps the cause. Both Lincoln and Burnley in recent seasons have won promotion after going on lengthy cup runs.
    Our best 11 would have probably beaten Burton last night, ensuring progress in a cup we got so lose to winning. Add to that the feel good factor and gaining a winning mentality, and I think it out weighs reasons for resting players.
    It's all about opinions though, and that's mine. You and everyone else is entitled to theirs.
    I also think we are outsiders to go up this season. That's not me being negative. Once again it's my opinion. I'd love us to go up, but I'd also love to see us go on another cup run.
    The whole idea of playing footbal, or any other sport, is to try and win things.

On saturday night people where saying we had a strong squad and would be in for a shot at promotion.
    Now the team is lacking players to fill in for the first team and and we are looking vunerable.
    Make your mind up fellahs! I'm relying on you for solid info :D

Re: Cardiff City v Burton Albion. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Prob not anymore?
    They had two youth kids in midfield who bossed a lot of the game and Turner eventually let Bogle out his pocket so we could substitute him. It is a worry that we had a pretty good side out their and we were beaten comfortably. It leads me to think that we have a v good first 11 but not really much else?
    Rubbish.

We've won 4 out of 4 league games with 15 different starters.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    There is no evidence to back up putting out weakened teams in certain games helps the cause. Both Lincoln and Burnley in recent seasons have won promotion after going on lengthy cup runs.
    Our best 11 would have probably beaten Burton last night, ensuring progress in a cup we got so lose to winning. Add to that the feel good factor and gaining a winning mentality, and I think it out weighs reasons for resting players.
    It's all about opinions though, and that's mine. You and everyone else is entitled to theirs.
    I also think we are outsiders to go up this season. That's not me being negative. Once again it's my opinion. I'd love us to go up, but I'd also love to see us go on another cup run.
    The whole idea of playing footbal, or any other sport, is to try and win things.
    We've won 5 out of 6 games you can't win them all flower man.

Losing last night will have no bearing on our league position. Confidence is flying high regardless of last nights result.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Prob not anymore?
    Yeah I'm sure they wouldn't swap their 3 points in the league, and place in the next round for our 12 points on the league and out of the league cup

I mean they have Ben Turner and these two wonderful kids in midfield. Why the fook would they want to be top of the league?!?'!?

I think a couple of last nights team could easily be integrated in to the squad with not too much detriment to performance, however, what is clear is that there is a significant skills gap between what we see is the first team and the back up team.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I think a couple of last nights team could easily be integrated in to the squad with not too much detriment to performance, however, what is clear is that there is a significant skills gap between what we see is the first team and the back up team.
    Name these 2 players

We've won 5 out of 6 games you can't win them all flower man.

Losing last night will have no bearing on our league position. Confidence is flying high regardless of last nights result.
    You can attempt to win them al though.That's my point. The minute you start to choose which games you want to win, then the games up the pole. Anyway, isn't it about time you retired and updated your fly fishing book?