+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 5 league wins in a row?

5 league wins in a row?

Not from the outset but I recall us winning 5 on the spin in I think it was 2010-11 season.

In that stretch City beat Leeds 4-0 away and Bristol C 3-2 and then Norwich but then we lost 1-0 at home to the jacks. Bothroyd was suspended.

Anyone know what our record consecutive winning steak is?

ps. I'm not superstitious any more so I am not jinxing it.

Re: 5 league wins in a row?

Interesting question, but can't find the answer anywhere, but I think you have to back to the 40's

There was a 9 winning streak in 1912/1913.

Another in 1946/47. http://imgur.com/a/lwkkz

i'll go through see if i can find anymore.

The best run I can remember off the top of my head was six straight league wins in 92/93, we then drew with Crewe before winning our next four league games plus a Welsh Cup tie - I'd be surprised if we have won more than nine on the trot though.

Edit, just had a look at 46/47 and not only did we manage those nine straight wins following a 2-2 home draw with QPR, but that match had ended a run of five straight wins beforehand!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The best run I can remember off the top of my head was six straight league wins in 92/93, we then drew with Crewe before winning our next four league games plus a Welsh Cup tie - I'd be surprised if we have won more than nine on the trot though.

Edit, just had a look at 46/47 and not only did we manage those nine straight wins following a 2-2 home draw with QPR, but that match had ended a run of five straight wins beforehand!
    Some team they must have been

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Interesting question, but can't find the answer anywhere, but I think you have to back to the 40's
    we won 6 on the bounce under eddie may

If you count the Huddersfield game last season we have won five in a row

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    If you count the Huddersfield game last season we have won five in a row
    Good point

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Just had a look we manged 8 in a row in 92/93 http://imgur.com/VN4Ke0D