+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thomas Jefferson to be outed as a white supremacist

Thomas Jefferson to be outed as a white supremacist

Jefferson Memorial exhibit update will acknowledge slavery record

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/je...rticle/2632084

Re: Thomas Jefferson to be outed as a white supremacist

Abraham Lincoln next ...

"I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views."

http://www.abrahamlincolnonline.org/lincoln

Many of the 'upper echelons' were slave owners in 'those days'. 'Those days' is not a defence of slavery, but it is contextual .

Surely neither of these men fought hard to keep hold of slaves , nor uphold slavery per se - unlike some of the Confederate Generals.

Jeez, where do we even start with what was wrong throughout the 1700's well into the following century.

Moreover, what specific point are you trying to make exactly?
    Is this something that they are bonging on about in the alr-right forums?

It's the new Alt-Left playbook, everybody must be held accountable for their thoughts, history must be rewritten. It's Communism 101, a.k.a the new Soros plan of attack. If you disagree then you are a Nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's the new Alt-Left playbook, everybody must be held accountable for their thoughts, history must be rewritten. It's Communism 101, a.k.a the new Soros plan of attack. If you disagree then you are a Nazi.
    Get some sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    Get some sleep.
    It may take a while, but it will all make sense eventually. We will get to the point where everything is hate speach against something or somebody. The wheels have already been set in motion.

Goodnight

Blog Entries

It may take a while, but it will all make sense eventually. We will get to the point where everything is hate speach against something or somebody. The wheels have already been set in motion.

Goodnight
    Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Sad but true.
    There are none so blind....and this board is full of the wilfully ignorant. There's a few in the Welsh nationalist sphere who have "come out" against the "progessive" movement after Leanne Wood's fatuous, misguided and dangerous comments last week. We are in a war, a war for truth, a war for freedom and the "liberals" are so deluded that they believe that they are on the side of truth and freedom.

I listened to Brendan O'Neill on a podcast last week and he reminded listeners that you either believe in free speech for everyone or you don't believe in free speech at all.

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite...9#.WZ1ABdHTWhA

Stay awake, Wales-Bales.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    I never realised until watching the BBC program on the Vikings that Dublin was built on Slavery and that it was the main 'processing' point for all Viking Slaves (black and white - but mainly White 'Celts and Piks).

If you go back far enough and dig deep enough you will find attitudes and beliefs that today we find distasteful. Maybe we should out everyone - just to be on the safe side
    Good post but the sad fact is that it is right now, today, that there are more slaves in the world than ever before. Add on the hundreds of millions working for little pay in terrible conditions, just to keep us in winter asparagus, Nike trainers and iPhones and the scale of exploitation and greed dwarfs the scandals of the past.

Those shouting about reparations for past sins are blind to the real, current transgressions that could be fought more successfully and honestly. The sad truth is that we, in the developed world, do not want our cosseted existences challenged or upset and anyone challenging the abysmal status quo would not only have to fight monumental corporate and political interests but also the apathy and disinterest of virtually every one of his fellow "citizens", many of whom are "howling at the moon".

http://www.wnd.com/2016/02/more-slav...me-in-history/

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    There are none so blind....and this board is full of the wilfully ignorant. There's a few in the Welsh nationalist sphere who have "come out" against the "progessive" movement after Leanne Wood's fatuous, misguided and dangerous comments last week. We are in a war, a war for truth, a war for freedom and the "liberals" are so deluded that they believe that they are on the side of truth and freedom.

I listened to Brendan O'Neill on a podcast last week and he reminded listeners that you either believe in free speech for everyone or you don't believe in free speech at all.

Stay awake, Wales-Bales.
    I don't believe in 'no platform ', I don't believe in censorship.
    I don't believe that it is a good idea to normalise hatred and bigotry - Is it for those who have seemingly begun to seek a way to feel more comfortable that they now embrace some increasingly 'bizarre' notions?
    Notions aligned with social abhorrence perhaps?

Back to the article - I have always said that abhorrent C***'s should be given opportunity to show what they stand for, and others can judge whether they require to be challenged - also publicly. All cuts both ways.

Stick your little "war" eh..

Blog Entries

Stay awake, Wales-Bales.
    It's not just the wilfully ignorant, I've seen plenty of people that I would expect to know better unwittingly helping things along, that's the problem when you think you are on the side of truth and freedom, you can do no wrong.

I like Brendan/Spiked, they have some great articles, I forgot about the podcasts though, must remember to check some of them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    I don't believe in 'no platform ', I don't believe in censorship.
    I don't believe that it is a good idea to normalise hatred and bigotry - Is it for those who have seemingly begun to seek a way to feel more comfortable that they now embrace some increasingly 'bizarre' notions?
    Notions aligned with social abhorrence perhaps?

Back to the article - I have always said that abhorrent C***'s should be given opportunity to show what they stand for, and others can judge whether they require to be challenged - also publicly. All cuts both ways.

Stick your little "war" eh..
    Who is normalising "hatred and bigotry"? And what does "stick your little 'war' eh.." mean?

I think that you are labouring, heavily, under the misapprehension that your prose tickles your audience with its flourishes and jocularity, when in fact it results in you coming across as someone with mid-course dementia.

Like I have said before, your written diarrhoea stinks, both literally and metaphorically.

You're welcome

Who is normalising "hatred and bigotry"? And what does "stick your little 'war' eh.." mean?

I think that you are labouring, heavily, under the misapprehension that your prose tickles your audience with its flourishes and jocularity, when in fact it results in you coming across as someone with mid-course dementia.

Like I have said before, your written diarrhoea stinks, both literally and metaphorically.

You're welcome
    I always think you can tell a lot about a person when you see how they respond to a difference of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    I always think you can tell a lot about a person when you see how they respond to a difference of opinion.
    Really? So what does your behaviour say about you?

You're welcome
    throwing words like " mid-course dementia" about marks you down as a tw@t of the highest degree, thats speaking from the position of a person who's partner has mid-term alzheimer's

Really? So what does your behaviour say about you?
    That article you shared about censorship had some good points.

Then you make yourself sound like an 8 year old with the online message used equivelant of 'I know you are but what am I ' to Dr Lecter.
    Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    That article you shared about censorship had some good points.

Then you make yourself sound like an 8 year old with the online message used equivelant of 'I know you are but what am I ' to Dr Lecter.
    Just saying.
    Well Dr Lecter doesn't understand the context. Twice Sgt Pepper has had a go at me, rather than what I'm saying, so I simply returned fire. I'd had absolutely no interaction with him/her/sir/ver/sim prior to him/her/sir/ver/sim having a go at me. And for Dr Lecter to lecture anyone about civility is breathtakingly hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    throwing words like " mid-course dementia" about marks you down as a tw@t of the highest degree, thats speaking from the position of a person who's partner has mid-term alzheimer's
    And calling me a "tw@t" marks you out as an opinionated buffoon whose best years are decades behind him. What kind of arsehole names himself after an American team that doesn't even play football? The kind of arsehole that is you pal - look in the mirror and gape.

gape

it will be the romans next lol

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    it will be the romans next lol
    Actually the founding fathers are the means to an end, in the eyes of the Alt-Left strategists they are merely the accelerant to start the fire. Look into the Unite the Right organisation, who were behind the monument protest that kicked the whole thing off.

Well Dr Lecter doesn't understand the context. Twice Sgt Pepper has had a go at me, rather than what I'm saying, so I simply returned fire. I'd had absolutely no interaction with him/her/sir/ver/sim prior to him/her/sir/ver/sim having a go at me. And for Dr Lecter to lecture anyone about civility is breathtakingly hypocritical.
    Oh for goodness sake...

You promote your POV robustly enough, and you casually throw down phrases like "blind" , "wilfully ignorant" "deluded" "liberals" and that a "war" that these "liberals" are not helping with because they are so "deluded" , you might get a reaction.

As it goes, my response was nowhere near as personal as you make out, if at all, other than "stick your little war" .

I've also read some of your other posts, and I saw you mention some of your stated influences in another thread and sure, we are never going to see eye to eye on all things.

First it was the statues that were offensive, now it's people's names!

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/23/op...ion/index.html

First it was the statues that were offensive, now it's people's names!

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/23/op...ion/index.html
    Your summary seems to differ from the point made in the article.
    Fake post, Fake post?!