Thread: Ben Turner

Ben Turner

How is he playing tonight ? last I heard was that Burton had released him

Re: Ben Turner

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    How is he playing tonight ? last I heard was that Burton had released him
    No they didn't.

As he smashed an 80 yard diagonal out for a goal kick yet?

I thought it strange, but I read it somewhere on a list of released players, strange

I thought it strange, but I read it somewhere on a list of released players, strange
    http://www.briefreport.co.uk/news/bu...e-5069904.html

Technically he was release as he only had a one year contract when he signed in 2016, but they've obviously given him a new contract> A bit like the Manga situation.

Oh, and he was big , slow , ponderous etc but still better than Connolly.

[QUOTE=Mambo;4773864]I liked Ben Turner, but he had limitations, and he did the same for Burton as he did for us.

Switch the ball to his left foot, and hoof hit diagonal across the pitch, that and make a few sliding challenges.

Boring and predictable yes - but isnt that what a defender is supposed to do ?[/QUOT

He was pretty good tonight I thought. TBH defending the goal is the first rule as a centre back especially in the champ.
    THink it was his first game since last season just like Conolly and I know who was the better player tonight. In fact he was better than either of our two centre backs in a burton side that contained no players any of us would probably know including two 19 year olds in the centre midfield who ran the show. Credit to them and Turner as they played well and beat fairly easy.

[QUOTE=chepstow;4773870]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    I liked Ben Turner, but he had limitations, and he did the same for Burton as he did for us.

Switch the ball to his left foot, and hoof hit diagonal across the pitch, that and make a few sliding challenges.

Boring and predictable yes - but isnt that what a defender is supposed to do ?[/QUOT

He was pretty good tonight I thought. TBH defending the goal is the first rule as a centre back especially in the champ.
    THink it was his first game since last season just like Conolly and I know who was the better player tonight. In fact he was better than either of our two centre backs in a burton side that contained no players any of us would probably know including two 19 year olds in the centre midfield who ran the show. Credit to them and Turner as they played well and beat fairly easy.

Connolly has been injured which isn't the same as serving a ban