+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Photos - the simplest way?

Photos - the simplest way?

Need some advice about photos.

Discovered an app a while back that lets you turn your digital photos into actual physical photos (remember them) so I've spent the past few months getting all my photos from my phone and tablet miraculously transformed into photos I can keep in a big box.

I've now done them all so my next step is to get the huge amount that i took off my old laptop and onto a memory stick done as well.

The problem I've got is that the app I was using isn't available with windows on my laptop so I need another way to get them done. I'm assuming there's lots of places that I can use but I've no idea where to look or what's the best.

Ideally I'd like to just pop along somewhere, hand over my stick and pay the nice man/woman/gender neutral humanoid to do it all for me. I don't really want to send it off somewhere as I don't want to run the risk of losing it.

Over to you once again lovely people.

Re: Photos - the simplest way?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Need some advice about photos.

Discovered an app a while back that lets you turn your digital photos into actual physical photos (remember them) so I've spent the past few months getting all my photos from my phone and tablet miraculously transformed into photos I can keep in a big box.

I've now done them all so my next step is to get the huge amount that i took off my old laptop and onto a memory stick done as well.

The problem I've got is that the app I was using isn't available with windows on my laptop so I need another way to get them done. I'm assuming there's lots of places that I can use but I've no idea where to look or what's the best.

Ideally I'd like to just pop along somewhere, hand over my stick and pay the nice man/woman/gender neutral humanoid to do it all for me. I don't really want to send it off somewhere as I don't want to run the risk of losing it.

Over to you once again lovely people.
    I may have read this incorrectly, but isn't a way of turning digital photos into actual physical photos simply called a printer?!

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    I may have read this incorrectly, but isn't a way of turning digital photos into actual physical photos simply called a printer?!
    Last time I looked Tesco and Boots had devices that you can put a memory stick in and choose photos to print

Photobox

Snapfish etc

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Last time I looked Tesco and Boots had devices that you can put a memory stick in and choose photos to print
    Tesco and ASDA for sure.

Much cheaper then printing yourself

Cheers for the replies.

I've seen those things in Tesco and Asda but never really taken much notice of them.

I'll pop down there later and have a look - I'm assuming that even I'll be able to figure it out?

On second thoughts, don't answer that - I think we all know what the probable answer is. I'll take my son with me to do it on the weekend.

Thanks again good people.

Cheers for the replies.

I've seen those things in Tesco and Asda but never really taken much notice of them.

I'll pop down there later and have a look - I'm assuming that even I'll be able to figure it out?

On second thoughts, don't answer that - I think we all know what the probable answer is. I'll take my son with me to do it on the weekend.

You'll be alright, they have grumpy assistants there to help and they're experts because they answer the exact same questions every hour from the clueless customers.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You'll be alright, they have grumpy assistants there to help and they're experts because they answer the exact same questions every hour from the clueless customers.
    I always find the staff in Tesco very friendly.

Whereas Asda just seems to be sour faced menopausal aged women who act like every customer is an inconvenience.

Whereas Asda just seems to be sour faced menopausal aged women who act like every customer is an inconvenience.
    I've had a little think about your situation and would recommend Tesco.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I've had a little think about your situation and would recommend Tesco.
    Are you implying that I may need help?

Ask Barry

Every little helps.

I understand Mrs SR is looking for a career opportunity...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I'm going to defend her honour now and say she should apply for Tesco then.

Only because she doesn't laugh and take the piss out of my technological incompetence.

And the fact that she's a bit mental - which is another good reason for me to like her.

I'm going to defend her honour now
    The opportunity to do that has long gone, I'm afraid....

Cheers for the replies.

No problem.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Thanks for that.

I'm going to defend her honour now and say she should apply for Tesco then.

Only because she doesn't laugh and take the piss out of my technological incompetence.

And the fact that she's a bit mental - which is another good reason for me to like her.
    Thanks Doc I think I will give them both a miss though tbh.