+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Attendance For Saturday

Re: Attendance For Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Why do people get so worked up about attendances.
    Cause its all about the size of your knob

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Cause its all about the size of your knob
    Brian's or Barry's?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Didn't Villa bring about 5000? And the attendance was near 24k, and then sheffield down to around 18k... but they brought about 1500. Villa is our biggest home game of the season excluding bristol, maybe our fan base has just actually shrunk to around 19k max. Maybe people actually just don't want to come back, so putting stuff on messageboards where it is likely the majority of people on them go anyway, is in fact, a bit pointless. The club know what they have to do to get bums on seats, 5 quid tickets, by one get one free. It's the only way now. Better that than an empty stadium. 4 wins clearly aren't enough to bring people back.
    The club actually want to make money as well you know?

If people aren't turning up when a ticket is £20, they're not going to come for £5 either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

If people aren't turning up when a ticket is £20, they're not going to come for £5 either.
    Eh ?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Didn't Villa bring about 5000? And the attendance was near 24k, and then sheffield down to around 18k... but they brought about 1500. Villa is our biggest home game of the season excluding bristol, maybe our fan base has just actually shrunk to around 19k max. Maybe people actually just don't want to come back, so putting stuff on messageboards where it is likely the majority of people on them go anyway, is in fact, a bit pointless. The club know what they have to do to get bums on seats, 5 quid tickets, by one get one free. It's the only way now. Better that than an empty stadium. 4 wins clearly aren't enough to bring people back.

They are only allowed to do deals on a certain amount of games, I believe it's about 4 or 5, so it's something to keep in their locker until desperately needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Just read this thread back.

It's like an episode of Father Ted.

I'm pretty sure the op is Dougal.
    I think it proves the law that anything that can go wrong will go wrong!

The OP's all over the place here

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

I disagree

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    £5 tickets for league games would really cheer the season ticket holders up who have paid £15 + per match and would eventually lead the club to bankruptcy, as in this division, gate receipts are an important part of yearly revenue. The occasional cheap ticket match promotion for kids and plus ones is ok for the less popular games but totally unnesscessary for the majority. Only charging £5 also didnt seem to help with the attendance much last night. Four wins clearly are enough to start bringing the fans back, as our league average so far this year is around 21000 whereas last year it was 16500. Keep winning and stay at the top and the ground will be full at the turn of the year. Stop being so pessimistic about our support.
    Maybe, but having an extra 5000 people who paid a fiver, is a lot better than 0 people who didn't. I'm a ST holder because I want to be, the people who don't come obviously don't care that much about the club, now they need to force people to care.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Why do people get so worked up about attendances.
    We're supposed to be a relatively "big club". We should be getting 20,000+.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We're supposed to be a relatively "big club". We should be getting 20,000+.
    I am not sure where it says Cardiff are a relatively big club ? I would say we are a mediocre club who can attract a lot of tourists if we serve premier league football. They would come if we played in pink and red stripes... That is pretty much a fact (as we know).
    To be a big club we need more customers, the problem is the customers demand success or they are off to their next sporting occasion. Supporters hang around and suffer.

I find it much easier to park the car when it isn't too busy, easier to get served at the bar , less need to rush out of the house to beat the traffic to get to the game on time .
    Every cloud guys.

Atmosphere doesn't come from numbers, the away atmosphere far exceeds the home buzz, there will be far less in attendance.
    Cup games with less than 10,000 have been some of the best and nosiest crowds I have heard.

International

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I think it proves the law that anything that can go wrong will go wrong!
    Murphy's Law.

Riley's law says Murphy was an optimist.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I am not sure where it says Cardiff are a relatively big club ? I would say we are a mediocre club who can attract a lot of tourists if we serve premier league football. They would come if we played in pink and red stripes... That is pretty much a fact (as we know).
    To be a big club we need more customers, the problem is the customers demand success or they are off to their next sporting occasion. Supporters hang around and suffer.

I find it much easier to park the car when it isn't too busy, easier to get served at the bar , less need to rush out of the house to beat the traffic to get to the game on time .
    Every cloud guys.

Atmosphere doesn't come from numbers, the away atmosphere far exceeds the home buzz, there will be far less in attendance.
    Cup games with less than 10,000 have been some of the best and nosiest crowds I have heard.
    We managed to attract averages over 20,000 for the 4 years prior to our last ascent to the Premier League. Is it unreasonable to expect similar numbers now?

I took my son to watch Sheff Utd... I haven't been for a while because its expensive for me..We are going again though..You need a buzz to get people to come through the turnstiles again.. A cinema wouldn't expect to be full every week showing the same old shit film even if it stars you're favorite actors

16,000 would be disappointing but hardly embarrassing and a laughing stock!!!!!!!!!!!

A real promotion challenge and we will see the 20,000 crowds. Or an FA Cup Final appearance with a guarantee of a ticket if you buy a ST.

Alas i wont be there. My partner is 38 weeks pregnant,went to hospital for checks today and they said they are going to induce her,they asked would tomorrow be ok ,to my dismay my partner said no,my mind starts towards the match now,panic is setting in ,my partner says Friday is ok .Phew i can still make the game,hold on there's a problem they are full Friday,what about Saturday they say,i cant contain myself and say City are at home Saturday lets do the Thursday but my partner isn't having it,hasten to add im giving her the silent treatment at present.My only hope now is that they are busy Saturday and we don't get a call to come in until the evening.

He's a boyfriend and retired party goer. He should know..

Quote Originally Posted by hueypianosmith View Post
    Alas i wont be there. My partner is 38 weeks pregnant,went to hospital for checks today and they said they are going to induce her,they asked would tomorrow be ok ,to my dismay my partner said no,my mind starts towards the match now,panic is setting in ,my partner says Friday is ok .Phew i can still make the game,hold on there's a problem they are full Friday,what about Saturday they say,i cant contain myself and say City are at home Saturday lets do the Thursday but my partner isn't having it,hasten to add im giving her the silent treatment at present.My only hope now is that they are busy Saturday and we don't get a call to come in until the evening.
    You never know she might surprise you!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Just read the thread over there, that Sven is a serious arselicker isn't he.
    Quote.

Well, if ***** can make it then so can others
    Kin ell.
    Anyone seen him in real life or is he another multi? What's *****'s obsession with crowds he should bore off and mind his own business..

1st appearance of the season for moi +2

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance but who is Brian Murphy?
    He was great in George and Mildred.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I disagree
    Why? We'll get about 18k through the gate on Saturday I bet and we'll get the optimism back. There's a sold out Wolves game the week after, it is a bank holiday so people will be away and out, and it is the week before payday. I think it is understandable.

***** don't even go to games himself anymore and yet he has the audacity to call others out over their attendance?!?!?

You couldn't make it up

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    ***** don't even go to games himself anymore and yet he has the audacity to call others out over their attendance?!?!?

You couldn't make it up
    Supports a minor Spanish side too - bloody plastic...

He says he had a season ticket for 43 consecutive years prior to 2016 when he moved away

Did they have season tickets in 1973??