+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT: Apple Music v Spotify

OT: Apple Music v Spotify

Spending 5 weeks travelling soon and was going to sign up to one of these to keep myself enteratined on my journeys. Does anyone have any experience of either? I have the free spotify version at the oment and have made a load of playlists that I will download when I upgrade to premium before I go, can I do the same on Apple Music?

Spotify seems to have everything I've searched for, does anyone know if Apple's choice is as comprehensive? And can it all be downloaded to listen to offline?

Re: OT: Apple Music v Spotify

Are you with EE?
    They are offering 6months of apple music free at the moment, with them also covering the data used.

I have Apple Music, but only on the basis it was more convenient as my itunes library was already fairly extensive. Appple Music seems to have everything you could want, and yeah you can download it to listen offline. I think it is also getting a sizeable update soon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Are you with EE?
    They are offering 6months of apple music free at the moment, with them also covering the data used.
    Not at the moment, I'm with Three. Although now I think of it that contract is up just before I go travelling and also i work for BT so think I get might get discount with EE, will have a look into it now! Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I have Apple Music, but only on the basis it was more convenient as my itunes library was already fairly extensive. Appple Music seems to have everything you could want, and yeah you can download it to listen offline. I think it is also getting a sizeable update soon as well.
    Yeas, was thinking it would be more convinient to have it all in once place. I've got a pretty big library on my iPhone too was just looking to bulk it out with a load of stuff I'm missing now that I'll have mroe time to listen to music on flights etc!

I have Napster as i got 6 months free with my Sonos system. That has slightly less songs than Spotify but still basically everything you've ever heard of.

I’m an iPhone user but prefer Spotify as it’s cross platform & my wife & I can use the same account so long as we don’t both use at the same time.

Also, Steve R is the Spotify expert, PM him.

I had Apple Music for years, then I tried Spotify, and I found Spotify much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Banc Blue View Post
    I had Apple Music for years, then I tried Spotify, and I found Spotify much better.
    I was the opposite, a long time Spotify premium customer who switched to Apple Music. Not much difference in either tbh. The family packages make it cheaper though and can then use with multiple accounts

It was only launched mid 2015 btw

Never used Spotify but find Apple music more than satisfactory for my needs.

You can also get a modded version of the spotify app that's pretty much like premium, ad free skip able tracks. just minus the download stuff.

Listening to spotify as we speak. Free version but those ads come up more than every 30 minutes they claim. Find it good.
    Glad you reminded me about my free Apple music. Must check it out as I am with ee.

In the main, people with Apple gear tend to gravitate towards Apple music.
    That simply makes sense I suppose.

Not being an Appleophile myself, I choose and use Spotify Premium - it is is a superb product. And cross-platform.

I tried Deezer for a week. Couldn't get on with it at all.

Cheers all! Hadn't even thought of trying Apple music until yesterday, depsite having an iPhone. I signed up to Spotify and have already put together a load of playlists and ready to download them all when I sign up to premium, just before I leave for my travels. So I suppose it makes sense to stick to that if there's not much difference between the 2.

I'm not too bothered about having it all in one place on my phone anyway tbh as my iPhone music library is a bit of a mess and iTunes doesn't make it simple to clean it up and get rid of songs ou don't want!