+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zohore value

Zohore value

Relieved to see interest in Zohore quietening a bit, with Brighton getting striker elsewhere but still worries that Hull could come back with some of the Clucas money. Just hope that VT holds his nerve, as I genuinely think Zohore could be worth £30m plus in a years time. He is essential for our high tempo incisive attacking style this season and don't think we could replace his skills for the value of the 2 most expensive Championship strikers in Wood and Assombolonga at around £15m.
    So please VT hold your nerve and remember most fans would have been happy to offload Zohore for nothing in October last year before NW worked his magic - he is an unfinished product with only half a season of his transformation behind him. He could be massive in 12 months and in the Premier league with us.

Re: Zohore value

Brighton are still looking for another striker, but hopefully Zohore is too expensive for them! They are trying to sell Hemed for £4m, and the Everton striker they were interested in seems to be heading to Fenerbahce.

I think if somebody slaps 15mill on the table NW will be forced to reluctantly take it.

I hope I'm either wrong or it doesn't happen though. We wont replace him with 15million

Whilst we would see he's worth £20-30m when compared to Woods and Assombalonga who are both pretty much at the peak of their potential as far as I'm concerned I don't think any club would take a punt on ANY championship player at that price.

We all agree Zohore is bloody good at the moment for that money clubs would just go for out of favour proven players. The jacks could probably get Bony back for that price that has already shown he can cut it. I know if I was a fan for Brighton and the like would be absolutely livid if we spent £20m+ on Zohore.

If we were in the Prem and he did prove himself, then 20-30 in the current ludicrous market would be easy.

Zohore in unique, one of the few players that you can build a whole team around. It's no coincidence that other players are on fire, Zohore makes it happen.

An everton fan on reddit yesterday said an "in the know" fan of theirs has said they're in heavily for zohore.

Quote Originally Posted by aclem View Post
    Relieved to see interest in Zohore quietening a bit, with Brighton getting striker elsewhere but still worries that Hull could come back with some of the Clucas money. Just hope that VT holds his nerve, as I genuinely think Zohore could be worth £30m plus in a years time. He is essential for our high tempo incisive attacking style this season and don't think we could replace his skills for the value of the 2 most expensive Championship strikers in Wood and Assombolonga at around £15m.
    So please VT hold your nerve and remember most fans would have been happy to offload Zohore for nothing in October last year before NW worked his magic - he is an unfinished product with only half a season of his transformation behind him. He could be massive in 12 months and in the Premier league with us.
    Please, please explain to me why we would sell Zohore to Hull and why he would ever want to go there. They wouldnt sell him to them even if Hull offered £25m.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    An everton fan on reddit yesterday said an "in the know" fan of theirs has said they're in heavily for zohore.
    Someone I know who knows someone who knows Lionel Messi's uncle said Barcelona are heavily in for Zohore as well.
    Last edited by dml1954; 24-08-17 at 11:44. Reason: Missed word out

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Please, please explain to me why we would sell Zohore to Hull and why he would ever want to go there. They wouldnt sell him to them even if Hull offered £25m.
    Righto.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Righto.
    Dont get your amusement. Warnock, Zohore, Tan, Dalman and Choo have all stated this in recent weeks. What would be the benefit of selling him to a direct rival in the same league - could cost us £100m+ at the end of the season. Why would Zohore want to play for them ?.

Dont get your amusement. Warnock, Zohore, Tan, Dalman and Choo have all stated this in recent weeks. What would be the benefit of selling him to a direct rival in the same league - could cost us £100m+ at the end of the season. Why would Zohore want to play for them ?.
    Don't think any of them have said that a bid of £25 million for Zohore would be turned down no matter who it came from have they? What I've read is people in charge at Cardiff saying Zohore is not for sale unless someone comes in with "silly money" - many would say that £25 million for a player who has been in very good form for just nine months is silly money.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Don't think any of them have said that a bid of £25 million for Zohore would be turned down no matter who it came from have they? What I've read is people in charge at Cardiff saying Zohore is not for sale unless someone comes in with "silly money" - many would say that £25 million for a player who has been in very good form for just nine months is silly money.
    20 million would buy him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I am not saying they wouldnt sell him at all for £25m - just that they wouldnt sell him to Hull for that figure. What they did say was that they would only sell him for silly money if a top ten Premier League team came in for him and that definately isnt Hull or Brighton.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    20 million would buy him.
    You dont know that fir fact, you are just speculating, as am I to some extent. It might tempt them but not from Hull or Brighton, for the reasons already stated. If you want to ignore everything Warnock, the board and the player have said then OK but I take them all at face value. Tan and the club dont need the money now and would have to spend a simlar amount to replace him, so whats the point.

Someone I know who knows someone who knows Lionel Messi's uncle said Barcelona are heavily in for Zohore as well.
    I am not into all that crap about trying to be first to reveal news.

I hope I am wrong but that is what he said.

I am not saying they wouldnt sell him at all for £25m - just that they wouldnt sell him to Hull for that figure. What they did say was that they would only sell him for silly money if a top ten Premier League team came in for him and that definately isnt Hull or Brighton.
    They would

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    They would
    So using your (and others) argument, if Port Vale or Newport County got new rich owners and came in and offered £20m+, City would accept it and Zohore would sign would he and that would benefit his career and Citys promotion prospects ?. Dont be daft. Tan doesnt need the money at the moment and all the signs are that we are giving it a go this season, so selling him would be totally counter productive. If a top Premier club came in then obviously, to be fair to the player, he would have to be allowed to speak to them and Warnock has indicated as much but also that otherwise they wont sell and I believe him. You and others obviously dont, which is a strange attitude to take, bearing in mind he has kept his word on everything else so far.

Heisenberg

So using your (and others) argument, if Port Vale or Newport County got new rich owners and came in and offered £20m+, City would accept it and Zohore would sign would he
    Nobody has said that Zohore would accept a deal - only that City would find it very hard to turn down a ridiculous offer (which £20m is bordering on).

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Nobody has said that Zohore would accept a deal - only that City would find it very hard to turn down a ridiculous offer (which £20m is bordering on).
    Very hard but not impossible. The decision would be Tans and everything he has done recently indicates that he wont sell this season at least. There are a lot of people arguing on here that if Hull or Brighton offered £20m, Zohore would be gone but my point has always been that a). zohore wouldnt want to sign for either of those clubs b). City certainly wouldnt sell to Hull, one of their main rivals for promotion and would be very unlikely to sell to Brighton as the liklihood is they will be coming straight back down and much better figures would be available at the end of the season, whatever happens. I have no doubt that, if we dont go up this season, Zohore would then be sold but at a better figure than now as he will have a full seasons experience under his belt and hopefully plenty of goals.

So using your (and others) argument, if Port Vale or Newport County got new rich owners and came in and offered £20m+, City would accept it and Zohore would sign would he and that would benefit his career and Citys promotion prospects ?. Dont be daft. Tan doesnt need the money at the moment and all the signs are that we are giving it a go this season, so selling him would be totally counter productive. If a top Premier club came in then obviously, to be fair to the player, he would have to be allowed to speak to them and Warnock has indicated as much but also that otherwise they wont sell and I believe him. You and others obviously dont, which is a strange attitude to take, bearing in mind he has kept his word on everything else so far.
    Naive.

Further down you've posted again which I need to repudiate your claims.

At £25m, the club would sell to whoever made that bid, regardless of whether it was championship.

If it was Hull who did get a bid accepted, Zohore would go on a much higher wage and probably a release clause if a Premier club went in for him.

Really wasn't that long ago when we would have had to have accepted any bids of around £5 million for any of our players, so I guess we should be thankful we are getting to see him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Naive.

Further down you've posted again which I need to repudiate your claims.

At £25m, the club would sell to whoever made that bid, regardless of whether it was championship.

If it was Hull who did get a bid accepted, Zohore would go on a much higher wage and probably a release clause if a Premier club went in for him.
    How do you actually know the club would sell. Have you spoken to Tan, Dalman or Warnock recently. You are also totally ignoring what everyone at the club has said, including Zohore who has said he doesnt want to leave. Warnock and Dalman have both categorically stated that he would not be sold to Hull or Brighton at any price. You obviously know better than these people who run the club. Me being nieve ? - you must be joking. You are not repudiating my claims either - you are just setting out your own views. Repudiation requires concrete evidence not speculation.

"Warnock and Dalman have both categorically stated that he would not be sold to Hull or Brighton at any price"

Sorry to butt in but there isn't a hope in hell of that being true.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    "Warnock and Dalman have both categorically stated that he would not be sold to Hull or Brighton at any price"

Sorry to butt in but there isn't a hope in hell of that being true.
    Record breaking €250m euro bid for Zohore from hull.

NW: Not over my dead body!