Thread: Sol Bamba Signs New Contract

Sol Bamba Signs New Contract

3 year deal. Good news

Also, Meite joins Crawley on loan.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...three-13527771

Re: Sol Bamba Signs New Contract

Good news on both fronts.

Three years seems am awful long time for a 33 year old, but it's been obvious from the moment he was appointed that Neil Warnock really rates Bamba - all we need now is for Gunnar to agree a new contract.

I think that's a good loan move for Meite at this stage of his career as well.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Three years seems am awful long time for a 33 year old, but it's been obvious from the moment he was appointed that Neil Warnock really rates Bamba - all we need now is for Gunnar to agree a new contract.

I think that's a good loan move for Meite at this stage of his career as well.
    He'll be old when/if he completes the 3 years but I think this is Bamba's "last big contract" so probably wouldn't have signed a 2 year deal. If we can tie Gunnar down, that would be all of our squad here for the realistic future, bar Hoilett, who could have a new deal in a few months if he continues as he's started!

"Having already signed eight players this summer as well as seeing the likes of Bruno Manga, Joe Bennett, Lee Peltier and captain Sean Morrison put pen to paper on new deals, Warnock admitted he was determined to tie down 32-year-old Bamba for the future."

When did that happen?

Has he signed a new deal to get rid of the buyout clause or is the journalist getting it confused with him simply rejecting a contract from elsewhere?

Seems very long for someone in his mid 30s.
    He's been excellent so far, but it is a big gamble whether he's going to be performing at a level to justify his wage when he's 36 or 37.

He isn't going to be on stupid wages, so if we can get a good 2 seasons out of him it will have been well worth the contract.

I imagine it will be 3 years on lower money than if he'd signed a 3 year one.

He's been class since he arrived and his game isn't really based around pace at all either.

My player of the season last term. He has been great so far this season too. Transformed the team after he arrived in January. Glad he is staying here.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    My player of the season last term. He has been great so far this season too. Transformed the team after he arrived in January. Glad he is staying here.
    Spedger
    There staying with the club and then theres giving a nigh on 33yo a 3 year contract?
    If as some have said its on a smaller salary then it would be worthy of consideration but if not it is not good business at all.
    We cant keep Whitts but we can give a journey man like Samba 3 years can someone explain that to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I imagine it will be 3 years on lower money than if he'd signed a 3 year one.
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    There staying with the club and then theres giving a nigh on 33yo a 3 year contract?
    If as some have said its on a smaller salary then it would be worthy of consideration but if not it is not good business at all.
    We cant keep Whitts but we can give a journey man like Samba 3 years can someone explain that to me?
    Whitts doesn't fit into the way Warnock likes to play and Bamba does. Simple as that.

Journeyman??? You are joking aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Eh?
    2 year*

1) It's Bamba, not Samba
    2) He's 32
    3) He's one of our best players, and an integral part of our defence
    4) Other clubs were interested and Warnock wanted to tie him down
    5) Ian Rush

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    1) It's Bamba, not Samba
    2) He's 32
    5) Ian Rush
    No Leo Fortune-West?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Journeyman??? You are joking aren't you?
    Why would i be joking?
    He has had 9 clubs in 13 seasons
    Yes i would call him a journeyman so far.

You seem to be keeping hold of all your key players. If you keep hold of Zohore it will have been an excellent transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    1) It's Bamba, not Samba
    2) He's 32
    5) Ian Rush
    Thats right he is nearly 33 as i said
    Other clubs interested in him? ...... well NW would say that wouldnt he to justify the 3 year contract did we see or hear a word about other clubs being after him? No.
    It all seems a bit confusing tbh based on the fact that he couldnt find a club and was unattached Until Oct last year.
    If NW does not get us up this season and he does what he normally does and moves on we will be left with Bamba with two years left on a contract. A 3 year contract is crazy. We are a basket club

Heisenberg

Other clubs interested in him? ...... well NW would say that wouldnt he to justify the 3 year contract did we see or hear a word about other clubs being after him? No.
    It all seems a bit confusing tbh based on the fact that he couldnt find a club and was unattached Until Oct last year.
    If NW does not get us up this season and he does what he normally does and moves on we will be left with Bamba with two years left on a contract. A 3 year contract is crazy. We are a basket club
    "Basket club" makes no ****ing sense, you gone-off quim!

Bamba is one of our best players and has signed an extension to remain with the club, only you can be on a downer with that news. If he stays for the 3 years he'd be the same age as Mark Hudson, who you were creaming about last season.

Yep, I used a personal insult in my post, but it was clearly warranted here.

Bamba has been one of our most invaluable players since he signed. Whittingham wasn't last season (and judging by his start at Blackburn, wouldn't have been this season had he stayed with us, either).

Blue in the Face

I do agree, three years is a bit nuts. I do think you wait for opportunities to shoehorn your catchphrase at the end of your posts though.

On the face of it, a bit silly to give 3 years but we don't know on what terms. Might be highly performance/appearance based?

You see a lot of quality centre backs still applying thier trade in the Premiership and Championship at the age of 35 /36 and beyond its down to fitness and how one handles ones lifestyle, I get the feeling Sol does both well.

If Warnock believes that he deserves a 3 year contract then thats good enough for me.