+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales squad announced

Wales squad announced

Wales: Wayne Hennessey, Danny Ward, Adam Davies, Ben Davies, James Chester, Neil Taylor, Chris Gunter, Jazz Richards, James Collins, Tom Lockyer, Ashley Williams, Ethan Ampadu, Joe Allen, David Edwards, Andy King, Lee Evans, Joe Ledley, Aaron Ramsey, Jonathan Williams, Gareth Bale, Marley Watkins, Hal Robson-Kanu, Sam Vokes, Tom Lawrence, Ben Woodburn

Re: Wales squad announced

Exciting to see Ampadu included again and glad the likes of Cotterill are being phased out. Good squad of players there, Maxwell is very unlikely not to get the call mind.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Wales: Wayne Hennessey, Danny Ward, Adam Davies, Ben Davies, James Chester, Neil Taylor, Chris Gunter, Jazz Richards, James Collins, Tom Lockyer, Ashley Williams, Ethan Ampadu, Joe Allen, David Edwards, Andy King, Lee Evans, Joe Ledley, Aaron Ramsey, Jonathan Williams, Gareth Bale, Marley Watkins, Hal Robson-Kanu, Sam Vokes, Tom Lawrence, Ben Woodburn
    Would expect Serbia to beat Moldova and Georgia in their remaining Home matches. At the same time I think all Wales' remaining games are realistically winnable. Obviously in must-win territory now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Would expect Serbia to beat Moldova and Georgia in their remaining Home matches. At the same time I think all Wales' remaining games are realistically winnable. Obviously in must-win territory now though.
    I sometimes wish when asked the question Coleman would actually say yes it is a must win instead of giving the politician answer to ease the pressure. I'm sorry but after 5 in a row a win is essential. Draw this one and we are as good as gone.

Great to see Ampadu and Woodburn involved again

Also pleased to see Marley Watkins, Lee Evans and Tom Lockyer in there, I said on another messageboard that Ampadu and Evans could be potential "surprise" call ups and for once I'm right

We have three players n the Under 21 squad as well, Mark Harris, Cameron Coxe and Rhys Abbruzzesse

Strong squad. We need the weekend to be kind and then go full tilt at Austria and Moldova. We need six points from these games. Anything less then it's all over.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Great to see Ampadu and Woodburn involved again

Also pleased to see Marley Watkins, Lee Evans and Tom Lockyer in there, I said on another messageboard that Ampadu and Evans could be potential "surprise" call ups and for once I'm right

We have three players n the Under 21 squad as well, Mark Harris, Cameron Coxe and Rhys Abbruzzesse
    Not sure Lee Evans is there on merit though, rather emergency. He has a lot of potential and can be very good on his day, but has proved unreliable in his inconsistency up to now. Think he's gone on loan to League one again so hopefully he can push on.

The Welsh u21s is the strongest I can remember seeing. Bodes well that our three are in there. The full backs should be starters, though the two their in competition with are better players than they showed themselves to be in the Toulon tournament.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Strong squad. We need the weekend to be kind and then go full tilt at Austria and Moldova. We need six points from these games. Anything less then it's all over.
    Your lot have been linked with Dave Edwards mate. Think that could be a shrewd signing. Kind of wish we'd go for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Your lot have been linked with Dave Edwards mate. Think that could be a shrewd signing. Kind of wish we'd go for him.

Yep it's been a bit of a surprise. Seems to have happened quickly. He is decent enough but we are desperately in need of a striker and will go nowhere until we sign one. At present Cardiff look a much better bet for promotion than us.

Ledley? He can't be anything like fit.

It's not a must win, but we cannot lose any game now and we can probably only draw once.

Good to see a mix of young players coming through and players rewarded for good form last year/start of this. It's Wales though, it's the sum of our parts rather than seeing individuals on the list.

Big performance needed by the fans first of all. Remember Belgium at home last qualification where people got in early, everyone was wearing red and we knew we had to play our part.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It's not a must win, but we cannot lose any game now and we can probably only draw once.

Good to see a mix of young players coming through and players rewarded for good form last year/start of this. It's Wales though, it's the sum of our parts rather than seeing individuals on the list.

Big performance needed by the fans first of all. Remember Belgium at home last qualification where people got in early, everyone was wearing red and we knew we had to play our part.
    I disagree, the Moldova game is not really going to count at the end anyway because bottom place doesn't come in to play. Must win for me, not only for the points but desperately for morale.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Not sure Lee Evans is there on merit though, rather emergency. He has a lot of potential and can be very good on his day, but has proved unreliable in his inconsistency up to now. Think he's gone on loan to League one again so hopefully he can push on.

The Welsh u21s is the strongest I can remember seeing. Bodes well that our three are in there. The full backs should be starters, though the two their in competition with are better players than they showed themselves to be in the Toulon tournament.
    Evans is definitely in there due to circumstances but if he takes his chance it could be the making of him, unlikely he'll get any minutes though

I saw David Brooks was in the Wales Under 21 squad after defecting back from England, hopefully we can keep a hold of him

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

Usually agree with you Surge. Not this time. To win the group we will need to win all four games. Even then Serbia may pip us. To finish second and have enough points to take one of the play off places draws against the likes of Austria are not enough. We could finish second but once our points from the Moldova game are removed we may miss out on a play off place. We have had too many draws. We have to start winning.