+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carling is more piss-like than advertised

Re: Carling is more piss-like than advertised

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    cant beat a pint of Albright
    I bet you were all about the watneys party four?

And whatever happened to double diamond?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I bet you were all about the watneys party four?

And whatever happened to double diamond?
    and Youngers Tartan Bitter ?

Just bought some San Miguel down Morrisons. Wtf has happened to it? It tastes like acid.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Just bought some San Miguel down Morrisons. Wtf has happened to it? It tastes like acid.
    Uric acid ?

Tonight, a small bottle of Wiper and True Winter Palace: a strong, chocolatey, stout. Excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Carling fosters Carlsberg Heiniken are all the same piss with a different trade name on them.
    Yeah, virtually all the lagers that are household names in the UK are brewed here in Kidderminster, Wolverhampton, etc. They never tell you that in the flashy ads. With good reason too because imagining a German brand being produced by some big-titted fraulein from Bavaria is better for sales than the reality of a minimum wage Lithuanian in Stoke-on-Trent.

I used to make gallons of different lagers from kits. I could never get the hang of it as they all tasted uniformly horrible. But still better than Carlsberg and Carling. I made so much peach schnapps that I went right off it and gave 50 litre bottles of it away. Southern Comfort was my fave though; perfected that to 70% proof. It was that good I could feel the hairs in my nose curling up.

Just got back from an event where more people than expected turned up, and out of semi-desperation I ended up buying a pint of Strongbow.
    I have enjoyed a 'Bow or two in the past, but that was truly piss.

I hear Llantrisant is a good place for real ale, I went there once but can't remember much

Pint of Skol anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
    I like the idea of supporting local beers, and recently toured the new Tiny Rebel brewery in Newport. Excellent. Very knowledgable brewer acted as our enthusiastic guide. They're clearly doing well: and now brew a lager, too.
    Tiny Rebel brew some super high quality beers

They definitely do. I hadn't realised the full range and variety until I visited their brewery. Particularly nice was this:

http://www.tinyrebel.co.uk/beers/stay-puft/

Quote Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
    They definitely do. I hadn't realised the full range and variety until I visited their brewery. Particularly nice was this:

http://www.tinyrebel.co.uk/beers/stay-puft/
    I like most ales, but I've never been fussed on porter.

It's definitely not one for a session, but this particular porter has an unusual sweetness which marks it out. This is a golden age for beer drinking, in my view: the variety and quality is like never before in my lifetime. Long may it continue!