+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Loic Damour (again)

Loic Damour (again)

I love watching him play, he really puts everything into his performance. I would hate to play against him, he's a constant menace, harrying and hustling the opposition, his contribution is massive in that he hurries opposing defenders and midfield players, doesn't always win possession, but is responsible for the opposition making poor decisions or just offloading. He dishes it out as well, lets team mates know when they should have given him the ball, a nasty edge as well. I think that he's the perfect foil for Joe Ralls, who's confidence and play has gone up a couple of notches, we're seeing a more refined and creative Ralls, and Gunnar is looking a lot more composed, It's no coincidence.

Re: Loic Damour (again)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I love watching him play, he really puts everything into his performance. I would hate to play against him, he's a constant menace, harrying and hustling the opposition, his contribution is massive in that he hurries opposing defenders and midfield players, doesn't always win possession, but is responsible for the opposition making poor decisions or just offloading. He dishes it out as well, lets team mates know when they should have given him the ball, a nasty edge as well. I think that he's the perfect foil for Joe Ralls, who's confidence and play has gone up a couple of notches, we're seeing a more refined and creative Ralls, and Gunnar is looking a lot more composed, It's no coincidence.
    This spot on.

Excellent player.

Proving the doubters wrong. So what if he played in the lower French league?

I'm sure they will come forward and recognise the error of their ways.

Its a well made point, Ralls in particular has excelled ,Gunnerson was showing a difference last year ,and to be fair , as we have seen with his Icelandic performances he is a class act , and very unfortunate not to be our captain .

Great defence, midfield and forward line, we could be top of the league with a team like this, my only worry is midfield back-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Excellent player.

Proving the doubters wrong. So what if he played in the lower French league?

I'm sure they will come forward and recognise the error of their ways.
    In fairness, I don't think that anyone on here could've predicted the performance level of Damour so far, and looking at his career before joining us, there wasn't a lot to get worked up about, although some people do try and act 'smart' with definitive views, it's always best to watch a player several times before making judgement, unless it's Alex Ravell!

I definitely agree with the last part of your comment. For me Damour is the Manga version of a midfielder in the championship...ugh if that makes any sense. Class, skill and great worth ethic.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    You are a twat

Some have been keen to see Joe Ledley return here, while some would rather Peter Whittingham (before he was sold) to be involved regularly for us. While there are arguments for both, at present they wouldn't get a look in and neither would really fit the way we play.

Didn't he try to hit someone today - looked like it from where I sit. And a few minutes later there was some unpleasantries on the other side of the pitch by us.

Just wonder if his temperament is dodgy. What was his disciplinary record like in France?

Couldn't agree more. Good post.
    Spedger

I have the same concerns as Cyclops, much as I love his energy he does seem to have a dodgy temperament. Looks to be easily wound up and teams will pick up on that. Warnaco needs to have a quiet word.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    I have the same concerns as Cyclops, much as I love his energy he does seem to have a dodgy temperament. Looks to be easily wound up and teams will pick up on that. Warnaco needs to have a quiet word.
    Could be the case, although if that aspect of his character is oppressed, then we may not see the same player. I reckon it's worth him picking up suspensions, if it means that he performs the way that he has for the majority of the season.

I was optimistic about him when we signed him and I think he's proving to be a very good addition that probably cost chipping.
    His energy is proving vital and I think against team who play with a proper pivot who orchestrates everything he will be our key player.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Didn't he try to hit someone today - looked like it from where I sit. And a few minutes later there was some unpleasantries on the other side of the pitch by us.

Just wonder if his temperament is dodgy. What was his disciplinary record like in France?

I thought I saw him think about throwing a "short right hand jab", he made a movement to throw it, but luckily sense got the better of him.

Ralls is benefiting from such a midfield dynamo

I must admit I was happy to see Ralls move on but what Warnock is king at is recognising players strengths and weaknesses and structuring a team that maximises strengthens and mitigate weaknesses. Other managers have asked Ralls, and other players, to do jobs that are not capable of doing - ralls on the wing and Harris as a wing back FFS.. not Warnock..

NW will make mistakes, like against Burton, but overall the confidence fans have in him is unprecedented.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Ralls is benefiting from such a midfield dynamo

I must admit I was happy to see Ralls move on but what Warnock is king at is recognising players strengths and weaknesses and structuring a team that maximises strengthens and mitigate weaknesses. Other managers have asked Ralls, and other players, to do jobs that are not capable of doing - ralls on the wing and Harris as a wing back FFS.. not Warnock..

NW will make mistakes, like against Burton, but overall the confidence fans have in him is unprecedented.
    Ralls needs to be at the centre of everything and now he is.
    When Whitts played he was often a bit peripheral as all the play went through Whitts and his role became one of chasing opposing midfielders, often those who Whitts had let go past him.

Having 2 hard working, simple, footballers alongside him has freed him up to be the player we knew he could be, not to mention the options we have up front and the movement giving him the outlets which we lacked early last season.