Thread: Hoilett superb today

Hoilett superb today

And he had a message to the qpr fans when he scored

hoilettshhh.jpg

Re: Hoilett superb today

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    And he had a message to the qpr fans when he scored

hoilettshhh.jpg

To be fair, I really didn't rate him last season but this season he has been very VERY good.

What did the QPR fans actually do?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    What did the QPR fans actually do?
    Sang about sheepshaggers, ingurrlund, your ground's too big for you etc. etc. Same as most weeks. Plus they booed Hoilett.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    To be fair - he was great last season , this season even better. Success is contagious , it is a very special atmosphere around the team / squad and manager at the moment. He is doing what he has done previously at other clubs, making ok players good and good players great.
    I wouldn't say he was great at all last year apart from about 2 games. His end product was so poor that he was predictable in his play.

He was also unable to last with. I wouldn't have been bothered if he didn't sign a contract extension.

This season from what (little) I've seen he's looked superb. Fitter, and better end product. If only Neil could get Noone and Pilks back firing again if they don't leave as I feel they could be crucial over a long season if we have any intention of staying in the top 6

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I wouldn't say he was great at all last year apart from about 2 games. His end product was so poor that he was predictable in his play.

He was also unable to last with. I wouldn't have been bothered if he didn't sign a contract extension.

This season from what (little) I've seen he's looked superb. Fitter, and better end product. If only Neil could get Noone and Pilks back firing again if they don't leave as I feel they could be crucial over a long season if we have any intention of staying in the top 6
    Thankfully our manager showed more belief in a player, who he knows very well, than you did.

After a full pre season under his belt he is looking very much like he's one of the best players in this division.

Warnock should have guaranteed himself the Manager of the month award for August yesterday and, even if I supported another Championship team, I would be saying that Mendez-Laing should be Player of the Month as well. However, if you asked me who has been our best and most consistent player during our first five matches, then Hoilett wins it by some margin.

All of the talk is of some side or another coming in for Zohore before the window closes, but, with his habit of signing one year contracts with us, I'm a little concerned that some Premier League side will see how Hoilett is playing and think he could be a real bargain for them because his short contract length means he could be got relatively cheaply.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Warnock should have guaranteed himself the Manager of the month award for August yesterday and, even if I supported another Championship team, I would be saying that Mendez-Laing should be Player of the Month as well. However, if you asked me who has been our best and most consistent player during our first five matches, then Hoilett wins it by some margin.

All of the talk is of some side or another coming in for Zohore before the window closes, but, with his habit of signing one year contracts with us, I'm a little concerned that some Premier League side will see how Hoilett is playing and think he could be a real bargain for them because his short contract length means he could be got relatively cheaply.
    I think the same, Bob. I think we need to offer him a new deal, as all of our first team bar him and Gunnar are contracted until 2019 at the least. I think I'm right in saying we have an option to pick up another year on Richards' contract as well?

I liked him last season and I was surprised to see so many of our fans writing him off.

I realise his end product wasn't always great last year but surely we could all see there was enough ability there worth persisting with.

This "potential" has now been realised and I agree with Bob that he has probably been our most consistent player (which is no mean feat so far)

Give me a player like Mendez-Laing, Kadeem Harris or a Junior Hoilett over a Pilkington or Ralls/Whitts on the wing any day of the week.

First Team

Have to admit I always rated him as a talent who just seemed unable to actually justify my view of him.
    After last season I was beginning to think he was going to be another Tom Ince whose career would not equate to the talent occasionally on show.
    Pleased that he has found his form especially as it is for the City.
    However, I am concerned that he believes that his level is the Premiership hence the short contract.
    Accordingly. It would be no surprise if one of the lower half teams came in with a bid in light of his current displays.

When we spoke about him at games last year I always mentioned that I didn't think he was 100% fit and once he'd had a proper pre season the extra 5% would make him a real handful.

Let's be honest, it's not difficult to see he's got talent, but his decision making and finishing were poor last season. For me I think a lot was down to not being 100% fit, hence being fatigued and snatching both physically and mentally at things.

As Bob says we really need to nail both him and Gunnar down now

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Have to admit I always rated him as a talent who just seemed unable to actually justify my view of him.
    After last season I was beginning to think he was going to be another Tom Ince whose career would not equate to the talent occasionally on show.
    Pleased that he has found his form especially as it is for the City.
    However, I am concerned that he believes that his level is the Premiership hence the short contract.
    Accordingly. It would be no surprise if one of the lower half teams came in with a bid in light of his current displays.
    When he joined us last year we were a bit of a mess. Literally him and Kadeem were expected to make up for flair and pace lacking in the rest of the side. They did a decent enough job. I am surprised that some fans have been negative about JH.

This year though the team is much more organised and there is more pace and movement across the pitch.. JR is thriving. Great to see. Also, he had a decent and competitive pre-season unlike last season so is much more consistent..

His level probably is premier league level - hopefully he can have another crack at it with us.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    When he joined us last year we were a bit of a mess. Literally him and Kadeem were expected to make up for flair and pace lacking in the rest of the side. They did a decent enough job. I am surprised that some fans have been negative about JH.

This year though the team is much more organised and there is more pace and movement across the pitch.. JR is thriving. Great to see. Also, he had a decent and competitive pre-season unlike last season so is much more consistent..

His level probably is premier league level - hopefully he can have another crack at it with us.

My only concern is whether he didn't get ENOUGH rest in the summer and may burn out later in the season.

We have cover, in Ward, Tomlin, Harris, Pilks.. but I don't see these carrying the same threat

Hoilett is my new favourite player

He was great in the Gold Cup for Canada while Cardiff were in pre-season. Think that helped him get up to match speed a lot quicker than most.

I'll try and get him to do an Ayatollah or two at the Canada match on Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post

To be fair, I really didn't rate him last season but this season he has been very VERY good.
    he really has had a fantastic start to the season hasn't he mate
    he is an important player for us and its going to be hard to shift him from the starting 11
    certainly has proved me wrong and long may that continue