+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone up watching the boxing?

Anyone up watching the boxing?

Clev battered and now for the main event

Re: Anyone up watching the boxing?

A lot of interest in this one

I couldn't get to sleep so decided to stream it for free. Absolute farce as expected. Mayweather could have taken him out whenever he wanted to. I've never see such a weird boxing stance as Mcgregor. He was so flat footed. When Mayweather finally decided to end it and went through the gears it showed how much of a ridiculous mis match this was. In my opinion this should not be classed as an official boxing contest.

Not forgetting McGregor's illegal hammer blows or a low blow either.

What I saw of it smacked of a pre-arranged result. Show a bit, let McGregor last a longish time so people feel it was a contest.

Mayweather has picked his matches to build his legacy, hasn't had a clean knockout in what a decade?

Christ, if McGregor did put the 15lbs back on after weigh-in to be 170lbs for the bout... let him face Andre Ward then. Wouldn't have gone ten rounds that one.

It's staggering to me this "fight" will almost certainly make more money than Canelo - Golovkin, a far better more important fight.

40yr old Mayweather never moved out of 1st gear, and never broke sweat, whilst the younger, supposedly fitter McGregor, was blowing out of his arse, and throwing pitter patter punches.
    Agree with Hartley that the fight shouldn't count as official, but it does and gives Floyd the new record.
    Most boxing fans will still rank Marciano as equal though after this farce. Hopefully this will put an end to crossing sports and codes. Nothing to be gained from it unless all the proceeds go to charity, and it's not taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Not forgetting McGregor's illegal hammer blows or a low blow either.

What I saw of it smacked of a pre-arranged result. Show a bit, let McGregor last a longish time so people feel it was a contest.

Mayweather has picked his matches to build his legacy, hasn't had a clean knockout in what a decade?

Christ, if McGregor did put the 15lbs back on after weigh-in to be 170lbs for the bout... let him face Andre Ward then. Wouldn't have gone ten rounds that one.

It's staggering to me this "fight" will almost certainly make more money than Canelo - Golovkin, a far better more important fight.
    Can't wait for this fight could be one of the best fights in a long time if both turn up

Shame that there still is so much money selling this medieval circus gruesome gawp-show, otherwise the farcical 'sport' would have been given the count long ago.