+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Substitution - Ward for Damour

Substitution - Ward for Damour

A little surprised that the sub wasn't Tomlin - still Warlock knows what he's doing!

Ward could easily have scored which would have done wonders for his confidence. And was it to repair his confidence that Etheridge was sent on before the start of the second half for some catching practice?

Re: Substitution - Ward for Damour

First time Tomlin hasn't congratulated the team on twitter after the game. Yes I am probably looking too much into it. I found this from Warnock before the game interesting:

“I feel sorry for (Danny) Ward. He’s on fire in training and looks so sharp, then we put him on the left wing, but he’s such a credit to us."

It's a good point. There must be players who aren't starting that could be but how do you when the starting XI is making history!

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-on-26-aug-17/

I'm not sure any professional footballer would expect the manager to change a winning team. They know they have to sit it out and wait for their chance. I think it was a good call to give Ward a run-out. Warnock has to keep everybody keen and hungry, which is a hard thing to do when you win 5 games on the trot!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'm not sure any professional footballer would expect the manager to change a winning team. They know they have to sit it out and wait for their chance. I think it was a good call to give Ward a run-out. Warnock has to keep everybody keen and hungry, which is a hard thing to do when you win 5 games on the trot!
    It's a long season and everyone will get their chance. I think Ward, Tomlin etc understand that.

The crazy money splashing around in appearance bonuses would effect even the most noble of us on some level

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    It's a long season and everyone will get their chance. I think Ward, Tomlin etc understand that.
    I think the whole squad will have a huge part to play in our promotion this season

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    I think the whole squad will have a huge part to play in our promotion this season
    Got to admire your confidence after only 5 games

Got to admire your confidence after only 5 games
    It was bit tongue in cheek,but what the heck we are playing some exciting stuff long may it continue.