+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russell Slade, oh dear, oh dear.....................................

Russell Slade, oh dear, oh dear.....................................

five red cards for his Grimsby team in five matches .

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/new...-foot---slade/

Re: Russell Slade, oh dear, oh dear.....................................

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    five red cards for his Grimsby team in five matches .

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/new...-foot---slade/
    His comments familiar rhetoric.
    His tenure at City now seems a distant memory, thankfully!

Still not finding his level at the bottom of league 2

Has there ever been a manager who uses worn out cliches more than Russell Slade?

How this man earns a living from football amazes me

Who gives a toss about this old numpty any more?

Didn't our esteemed owner once comment on how good a manager he was??? Imagine we had a decent manager with that team that finished 8th was it? Prob win the league by 20 points ffs.....and all he does is bang in about MM

Slade stabilised the slump we were in whilst cutting costs. Greatest manager ever? Of course not, nowhere near, but the criticism he gets is ridiculous, it's as if people had never heard of Alan Durban for example.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Didn't our esteemed owner once comment on how good a manager he was??? Imagine we had a decent manager with that team that finished 8th was it? Prob win the league by 20 points ffs.....and all he does is bang in about MM
    I hated the man when he was here. Looking back however , I think his cost cutting allowed for Warnock to come in with such freedom and the club is in a good state atm.

I'm not saying it was all Slade but Tan clearly choose him with a plan in mind and it appears to have paid off in the long run

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    I hated the man when he was here. Looking back however , I think his cost cutting allowed for Warnock to come in with such freedom and the club is in a good state atm.

I'm not saying it was all Slade but Tan clearly choose him with a plan in mind and it appears to have paid off in the long run
    We lost 5,000 fans from our average attendance during Slade's tenure. 115,000 bums on seats or £2M in revenue over the course of a season. And they still haven't all come back yet.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We lost 5,000 fans from our average attendance during Slade's tenure. 115,000 bums on seats or £2M in revenue over the course of a season. And they still haven't all come back yet.
    People looking for excuses not to go tbh.

We weren't going up, so use Slade's style of football as an excuse. Same as if we dropped down the divisions - we've a small core fanbase, vast majority turn up the higher division we're in. Nothing more nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post

We weren't going up, so use Slade's style of football as an excuse. Same as if we dropped down the divisions - we've a small core fanbase, vast majority turn up the higher division we're in. Nothing more nothing less.
    All in your opinion.

Why should people need excuses?

People weren't being entertained. Nothing more nothing less.

People had no problem showing up in the same division when Dave Jones was manager.

How is that oaf still stealing a living from football I don't know!!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Good few I know enjoy the weekend freedom and do other things, not easy to give up that freedom and commit every weekend again, if you work hard all week it's a precious time not to be wasted.....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Good few I know enjoy the weekend freedom and do other things, not easy to give up that freedom and commit every weekend again, if you work hard all week it's a precious time not to be wasted.....
    I get that. You're preaching to the converted goats, think you've replied to the wrong post

I think Slade did a decent job here but still needed to go.

Also I wouldn't blame him for losing fans if blame it being the fact it was the first time we weren't looking to get promoted.

It was as if Slade was in charge again during that awful first twenty minutes yesterday when none of our players could control the ball and so all we saw was the ball being wellied forward after a poor first touch. Warnock gets accused of playing "anti football and I was someone who definitely had mixed feelings about his appointment because I thought it would mean a return to the Slade plying style, or worse, but, while we're certainly direct, Warnock's football has been a very pleasant surprise. That's why I was so disappointed by our early play yesterday - it was so unlike what we've become used to.

Slade stabilised the slump we were in whilst cutting costs. Greatest manager ever? Of course not, nowhere near, but the criticism he gets is ridiculous, it's as if people had never heard of Alan Durban for example.
    Agreed. Horrible to watch, but like you said stabilised us. Like Fergie compared to trollope though.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

No prospect of going up that season so decided to sod off again.

People just don't want to face the facts we've a small core fanbase. Don't go up this season, crowds will fall next. Go up, magically it's been decided by them that we're suddenly entertaining enough and nothing to do with playing Man Yoo, honest.

No prospect of going up that season so decided to sod off again.

People just don't want to face the facts we've a small core fanbase. Don't go up this season, crowds will fall next. Go up, magically it's been decided by them that we're suddenly entertaining enough and nothing to do with playing Man Yoo, honest.
    Insightful.
    I've never heard the like.
    You are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    Insightful.
    I've never heard the like.
    You are a visionary.
    I've often been called that. Often with naughty words added to it.

City could well have been in free fall , but he steadied the ship -albeit with a bland style of football - and finished the season in 8th position. I seem to remember Pilkington was our main striker for most of the season.

His biggest failings were being bald and wearing a baseball cap... important factors for a lot of people..

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It was as if Slade was in charge again during that awful first twenty minutes yesterday when none of our players could control the ball and so all we saw was the ball being wellied forward after a poor first touch. Warnock gets accused of playing "anti football and I was someone who definitely had mixed feelings about his appointment because I thought it would mean a return to the Slade plying style, or worse, but, while we're certainly direct, Warnock's football has been a very pleasant surprise. That's why I was so disappointed by our early play yesterday - it was so unlike what we've become used to.
    I think that was more down to QPR than it was us. They were physical off the ball, and for short periods looked quite good on it.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think that was more down to QPR than it was us. They were physical off the ball, and for short periods looked quite good on it.
    I don't - once we started playing we were much too good for them, we beat them at their own game.