+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People leaving early

People leaving early

Why, why, why do people leave the game with 10 minutes to go?

Stay in your bloody seats and stop spoiling my enjoyment by getting in the way of the game.

Re: People leaving early

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post

Stay in your bloody seats and stop spoiling my enjoyment by getting in the way of the game.
    I'm the same, or rather I used to be until my car parking options had to change. Leave five minutes early or sit stationery in my car for 1/2 hr

Agreed.

Actually, I have no problem with people leaving early (beating traffic??) - as long as they bloody well leave!

Stop hanging about on the steps every time a pass is made.

If they want to miss the traffic, they also have to miss the action!

I had the shits bad.......

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I'm the same, or rather I used to be until my car parking options had to change. Leave five minutes early or sit stationery in my car for 1/2 hr
    So if you went to the cinema, the theatre, would you leave 5 minutes before the end? In fact people are streaming out with 10 minutes plus extra time to go. Absolute madness.

It's not helped by the stewards disappearing around that time either.

So if you went to the cinema, the theatre, would you leave 5 minutes before the end? In fact people are streaming out with 10 minutes plus extra time to go. Absolute madness.
    It does seem a bit strange to give up your afternoon for the game and then postentially miss the crucial part of it, if you're only rushing home to jump on here, or watch Ant and Dec or summut.

Exactly. Never understood it myself.
    Travelling to and from the game is part of the day out. You get back when you get back.

When you have to travel 100 miles to get home, you do not want to be stuck in the stadium for 30 minutes before you can get anywhere near the bye pass let alone the M4 and I left as extra time was announced, so to the op when I stay local and do not go home after the game then I do stay till the end, so mind your own business

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    When you have to travel 100 miles to get home, you do not want to be stuck in the stadium for 30 minutes before you can get anywhere near the bye pass let alone the M4 and I left as extra time was announced, so to the op mind your own business
    Maybe people could "mind their own business" if the dumb ****s who "leave" early but decide to stand and watch the game by the stairs, blocking others views would do something productive by removing themselves from the gene pool?

I hope they had a shit journey home.

Although, they probably didn't. Because they took the necessary measures to prevent that.

One problem is there are loads leaving but watching the game on the Tv's downstairs. The same happens at half time with the rush to the bar .

I only had 1/2 lager before the game thus didn't need a wazz, but It was the endless back and forth for a piss by many that me laugh, it's a day out for many not just the football, leave the bar 10 secs before K.O, leave seats 5 mins before HT to get back to the bar, back in 10 secs before K.O again, leave 5 mins before the end but stand in the aisles blocking everyone's view and the countless piss breaks on the positive side yesterday, i never heard the F or C word once in the area where i sat

But it doesn't take me 1/2 hour to get out of the car park at nantgarw.

I'd never leave that early anyway, if we're two up and the 4th official flashes up five minutes, I'll leave. And like a previous poster said, leave doesn't mean stand by the exits getting in the way, If it's close I'd stay.

It's partly a blessing of you sit in the Ninian. After 80 mins all the families with young children have gone and you can stand and swear as much as you want. However, it does wind me up that so many fans seemingly don't care about the result and don't realise/care how important their support is.

I also like to clap the players off, especially if they've put a shift in.

I don't have a problem being stuck in traffic, what's the rush ?
    There's normally a game on the Radio, or reaction on Radio Wales with the excellent Rob Phillips.

Can laugh at the thick as 2 short planks Jacks who ring in as well 😂

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    So you go out to watch a football match but for the sake of half hour you miss the result

I've never left a game early. Even when we were 2-7 down against Cambridge United back in the nineties (pretty sure that was our heaviest defeat in the last 20+ years).

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    So you go out to watch a football match but for the sake of half hour you miss the result
    I've left early once this season. Against Sheffield, we were 2-0 and I left when the fourth official put the extra time board up. Previous seasons I'd agree I might've missed a goal or two (for the opposition) but I was fairly confident of the result, was knackered and had to be up early for work the next day.

Hope this is ok with you.

well it used to be hard getting back to east cardiff on match days but with the new link road road down the bay that's just opened which links up with rover way saves me about 20/25 minutes getting back after games . No excuses to leave early for me now

thank you cardiff council

And, (that's her name. not an and, and )

I leave on 85 mins for two reasons, (1) I need a pee, (2) to get the ales in the CANTON PUB

I stay downstairs till the final whistle blows

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I also like to clap the players off, especially if they've put a shift in.

I don't have a problem being stuck in traffic, what's the rush ?
    There's normally a game on the Radio, or reaction on Radio Wales with the excellent Rob Phillips.

Can laugh at the thick as 2 short planks Jacks who ring in as well ��
    I have to get home to the Gower, on a school night it can make an hour difference by the time you get out of the ground, round Leckwith then attend to the 4232 .
    Apologies if I have up set anyone leaving with 3 minutes to go , I always wait till there is a break in play when I make my escape.I wish I could stay till the final whistle but have to consider getting home having a bit of sleep and back up the M 4 for work the following day.

I've left early on occasion but I can't remember the last time I did since we got Warnock as manager. Just goes to show that his brand of football is why I stay and applaud the team off. Loving Neil's fist pumps too. Any chance of a couple of smilies? Maybe a :hairdryer: smilie and a re-skinned malky fist pump?

Peoples circumstances are different.

Ive got better things to do than queue for half hour after the game.

i didnt