+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Carragher & Neville

Re: Carragher & Neville

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    No offence meant, I know you're a closet Scouser but they are a disaster defensively. Anything in the air in their box and they are very vulnerable. Any corner, any free kick and they panic. We've seen it multiple times already this season. Of course Arsenals arrogance ignored the opponents major weakness which is a sin in itself.
    You can't judge a side on a performance against that Arsenal side so I'd keep a level head about your chances for this season if I were you. Can't see top 4 myself, do you?
    Top 4 going to be tough this year the two mancs as 1 and 2 with Jose edging it imo

No offence meant, I know you're a closet Scouser but they are a disaster defensively. Anything in the air in their box and they are very vulnerable. Any corner, any free kick and they panic. We've seen it multiple times already this season. Of course Arsenals arrogance ignored the opponents major weakness which is a sin in itself.
    You can't judge a side on a performance against that Arsenal side so I'd keep a level head about your chances for this season if I were you. Can't see top 4 myself, do you?
    Not a closet scouser just someone who appreciates good football and Liverpool are the most exciting team to watch going forward in the premier league.

If that leaves then exposed in defence so be it I'd rather see a team try to outscore the opposition than stick 11 men behind the ball playing anti football

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    The problem they have with the way they play they're going to struggle against sides sitting back
    That is where they struggle. Their record against the top teams is really good under Klopp

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It doesn't make them a 'piss poor team' either
    It just means they are better than Arsenal... way Arsenal played today, could say the same about many Prem teams.

Like Arsenal, Liverpool need to score heavily to make up for their poor defence. Can't rely upon that over a whole season.

Top 4 going to be tough this year the two mancs as 1 and 2 with Jose edging it imo
    Arsenal in disarray and Spurs struggling at Wembley. 4th could be up for grabs for Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    It just means they are better than Arsenal... way Arsenal played today, could say the same about many Prem teams.

Like Arsenal, Liverpool need to score heavily to make up for their poor defence. Can't rely upon that over a whole season.
    That still doesn't make them 'piss poor'?!?!??

Not a closet scouser just someone who appreciates good football and Liverpool are the most exciting team to watch going forward in the premier league.

If that leaves then exposed in defence so be it I'd rather see a team try to outscore the opposition than stick 11 men behind the ball playing anti football
    Arsenal have played the best football in the premiership for the last 10 years and won a couple of cups.
    Defences win titles

Arsenal have played the best football in the premiership for the last 10 years and won a couple of cups.
    Defences win titles
    Who said anything about Liverpool winning the title?!?!?

Who said anything about Liverpool winning the title?!?!?
    Don't rate your chances then?

Defences win titles
    Arsenal were garbage last year and have started this season in similar vain. Winning a cup doesn't paper over the cracks.

Don't rate your chances then?
    I don't think City will win the championship but will make the play offs

Selective hearing. He went in on Xhaka, Ozil, Sanchez, Ox Chamberlain, Wenger, and the Arsenal board.

Gary Neville also called out every one of the 5 midfield / wide players.

Perhaps he went in so hard on Ramsey because as a central midfielder he didn't protect his defence, and was way, way out of position for both goals conceded first half.
    There was a solid block where Carragher just moaned about Ramsey, in fairness to Neville he spread the abuse around the side

Carragher refused to listen to Henry who kept telling him why Ramsey was so far forward, Ramsey played very poorly but so did the rest of the side

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    There was a solid block where Carragher just moaned about Ramsey, in fairness to Neville he spread the abuse around the side

Carragher refused to listen to Henry who kept telling him why Ramsey was so far forward, Ramsey played very poorly but so did the rest of the side
    Ramsey was the worst of a bad bunch. Obviously his own manager agreed as he hooked him off at HT.

After what Ramsey did for the first goal where him and ox chamberlain were having a little natter oblivious to the game going on then Carragher wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't point out how unprofessional and pathetic that was.

Welcome to... an audience with JR Hartley

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Think we're having some good debate, I think he's made some good points hard to argue against what he's said

I'm sorry that posting football messages on a football message board upsets you so much.

Ramsey was the worst of a bad bunch. Obviously his own manager agreed as he hooked him off at HT.

After what Ramsey did for the first goal where him and ox chamberlain were having a little natter oblivious to the game going on then Carragher wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't point out how unprofessional and pathetic that was.
    He already had, the post game rant about Ramsey was completely unnecessary, they brushed over Liverpool's last two goals. Xhaka, a "defensive" midfielder by trade was worse than Ramsey, that flick for Liverpool's first and trying to back heel it to Cech in the 6 yard box, what was he thinking!?!?

And what an inspired substitution that was...

What did he say about Holding he got slaughtered today on the pitch

I'm sorry that posting football messages on a football message board upsets you so much.
    Upsets me?

What did he say about Holding he got slaughtered today on the pitch
    The defence had a free pass because they received zero protection from midfield.

Upsets me?
    Another decent football thread getting ruined. Sadly.

It is weird how Liverpool win a game and CCMB goes into meltdown with football discussion

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He already had, the post game rant about Ramsey was completely unnecessary, they brushed over Liverpool's last two goals. Xhaka, a "defensive" midfielder by trade was worse than Ramsey, that flick for Liverpool's first and trying to back heel it to Cech in the 6 yard box, what was he thinking!?!?

And what an inspired substitution that was...
    They've got an hour to fill after the game. They repeat themselves. Same every week. Perhaps Ramsey's actions were so bad it deserved that rant.

How anyone can defend a player being 60 yards out of position and turning his back to play whilst he has a chat to a team mate is beyond comprehension.

So he played for City, and plays for Wales, big deal. If he's abysmal, which he was, it deserves to be pointed out.

It is weird how Liverpool win a game and CCMB goes into meltdown with football discussion
    The most prominent is clearly a plastic Scouse. He doesn't nick hubcaps, he just borrows them and returns them with a polite note.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    The most prominent is clearly a plastic Scouse. He doesn't nick hubcaps, he just borrows them and returns them with a polite note.
    Hilarious. You should try stand up.