+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Carragher & Neville

Re: Carragher & Neville

I knew it wouldn't be long for the Rambo haters to crawl out of the woodwork at their club. Some of the comments about him from their so called supporters are a disgrace. Arsenal were no better without him in the second half. Yet he is always the one that gets the most hate. Wankers.

The sooner he leaves that club the better.

He had a mare did our Rambo, an utter utter shocker but then so did the rest of them. Bet their great hero ( Wiltshire ) wouldn't have got so much post much analysis.

As for that Sanchez if I was an Arsenal fan and saw that grin I'd be launching a bottle of Piss in his direction.

Well, probably not but I'd be miffed ...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    It is weird how Liverpool win a game and CCMB goes into meltdown with football discussion
    Could've been anyone playing but the main topic of discussion is how bad arsenal are

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    He had a mare did our Rambo, an utter utter shocker but then so did the rest of them. Bet their great hero ( Wiltshire ) wouldn't have got so much post much analysis.

As for that Sanchez if I was an Arsenal fan and saw that grin I'd be launching a bottle of Piss in his direction.

Well, probably not but I'd be miffed ...
    I loved it when he was subbed for Arsenal at the CCS in the premier year, he walked off the pitch to a chorus of 25,000 people chanting "your just a shit Aaron Ramsey" wonderful stuff and he's gone down hill mightily since that day.

Rambo was replaced with Coquelin, a defensive midfielder....but Coquelin was drifting forward, not protecting the defence whatsoever, exactly like Ramsey

Why? Are the Arsenal players given any clear instructions?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    They've got an hour to fill after the game. They repeat themselves. Same every week. Perhaps Ramsey's actions were so bad it deserved that rant.

How anyone can defend a player being 60 yards out of position and turning his back to play whilst he has a chat to a team mate is beyond comprehension.

So he played for City, and plays for Wales, big deal. If he's abysmal, which he was, it deserves to be pointed out.
    He was poor, but so were the rest of the team

Wenger's selection smacked of either arrogance or naivety, 3 at the back and a high line against Liverpool? A holding midfield two of Xhaka and Ramsey? A right back at left wing back and a left back at centre back? What was he smoking when he picked that team?

Ramsey got called out on US coverage as well.

The treatment of Ramsey during commentary was disgusting.

He was being singled out when the entire team was dogshit, and it seems whenever Arsenal are poor, Ramsey is the scapegoat every single time.

He got replaced at half time and what happened? Arsenal conceded 2 more goals, and were just as poor. Don't see anyone mentioning that though?

For Ramsey's defensive failings during the game, he did try and make things happen up front whenever he had the chance.

Neville's sarcastic comment about giving him man of the match and interviewing him after the game was disgusting live on air and for someone who is a failed football manager I don't think he should be so cocky. Granted he was a successful footballer, under the guidance of Alex Ferguson. Who knows how his career would have panned out if that wasn't the case, but I've lost all respect for him as a pundit now. Carragher too.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Defensively, Liverpool are poor. Them dominating a piss poor side today doesn't make them Barcelona.
    Liverpool's defence is their weakness. I wouldn't necessarily say their defence is poor.

They conceded 3 goals, three weeks ago. They've also kept two clean sheets in a row.

Not seen the game or the criticism of Ramsey, so I can't really comment on either, but I've noticed before that when Ramsey is used as one of the two deep midfield players by Arsenal, he still makes those runs forward that were seen as a problem yesterday. The difference is that they tend to come mostly in the second half and, depending on the game situation, tend to happen more and more as the match goes on. I've always figured that Wenger has believed that Ramsey's stamina and running power gives him an advantage over the opposition's midfielders who will find it harder to track such runs as the game goes into it's closing stages.

If Ramsey was not playing to orders when he became more of an attacking player for the closing stages of games, then Wenger surely would have picked him up on it and then dropped him if he kept on doing it - the fact that he hasn't done so, must mean that the manager has no problem with Ramsey doing it.

However, Ramsey seems to have started his runs forward earlier than normal yesterday and it seems pretty mad to me if this was under the orders of a manager who usually appears to ask for a more cautious approach from the player in the first half - the fact that Ramsey was withdrawn (I'm not aware of any stories saying he had picked up an injury) at half time strongly suggests that he wasn't doing what his manager wanted him to in the first forty five minutes.

Ramsey can be a bit self indulgent with the tricks he tries, but he has never struck me as someone who puts himself before the team and goes out with a selfish attitude - if, as seems likely, he did so yesterday, then all it does is confirm the impression that Arsenal have a serious problem when it comes to dressing room resolve and morale. To use the cliche which always gets trotted out in situations like Arsenal find themselves in now, it appears the manager has lost the dressing room.

As someone who rated Wenger for so long and enjoyed the way his best sides played the game, I find that a shame, but the truth is that he has long overstayed his welcome and he should have departed Arsenal about four years ago with far more goodwill and appreciation than he is going to get when he does, finally, leave.

Here you go Bob this is one of the reasons Ramsey got singled out.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/27/aaron-...senal-6882647/

He's so far out of position it's unreal.

I don't know how anyone can disagree with the analysis.

Here you go Bob this is one of the reasons Ramsey got singled out.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/27/aaron-...senal-6882647/

He's so far out of position it's unreal.

I don't know how anyone can disagree with the analysis.
    I found this video and, I agree, it looks terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ABzA1rIXYI

I know it's Wales Online and they're biased, but this piece suggests Ramsey was taken off because he was injured - that might explain his conversation with the bench, but it's still the sort of lack of professionalism that I now associate with Arsenal.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...leman-13538581

Maybe true, maybe Wales online burying their heads in the sand like a few Ramsey fans on this thread.
    I think that conversation he was having was more with Ox Chamberlain than the bench.
    Also, that was 20 minutes before half time and he seemed to have no problem running about after that, in particular he was caught way out of position again for Liverpool's second.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not seen the game or the criticism of Ramsey, so I can't really comment on either, but I've noticed before that when Ramsey is used as one of the two deep midfield players by Arsenal, he still makes those runs forward that were seen as a problem yesterday. The difference is that they tend to come mostly in the second half and, depending on the game situation, tend to happen more and more as the match goes on. I've always figured that Wenger has believed that Ramsey's stamina and running power gives him an advantage over the opposition's midfielders who will find it harder to track such runs as the game goes into it's closing stages.

If Ramsey was not playing to orders when he became more of an attacking player for the closing stages of games, then Wenger surely would have picked him up on it and then dropped him if he kept on doing it - the fact that he hasn't done so, must mean that the manager has no problem with Ramsey doing it.

However, Ramsey seems to have started his runs forward earlier than normal yesterday and it seems pretty mad to me if this was under the orders of a manager who usually appears to ask for a more cautious approach from the player in the first half - the fact that Ramsey was withdrawn (I'm not aware of any stories saying he had picked up an injury) at half time strongly suggests that he wasn't doing what his manager wanted him to in the first forty five minutes.

Ramsey can be a bit self indulgent with the tricks he tries, but he has never struck me as someone who puts himself before the team and goes out with a selfish attitude - if, as seems likely, he did so yesterday, then all it does is confirm the impression that Arsenal have a serious problem when it comes to dressing room resolve and morale.
    Henry said after the game that Wenger told him that he plays Ramsey to make these runs. So clearly he's under some instruction, but it did all look horribly wrong. Perhaps Ramsey misjudging it and being too ambitious early on and also a set-up that just didn't look right to allow for it against a strong counter-attacking side.

Maybe true, maybe Wales online burying their heads in the sand like a few Ramsey fans on this thread.
    I think that conversation he was having was more with Ox Chamberlain than the bench.
    Also, that was 20 minutes before half time and he seemed to have no problem running about after that, in particular he was caught way out of position again for Liverpool's second.
    To say that one player being singled out for a ridiculous amount of criticism when the rest of the side were just as bad isn't "burying their heads in the sand". Ramsey was very poor but he didn't deserve to be singled out and humiliated by Carragher and Neville

Liverpool's third goal is even more embarrassing from a defensive standpoint yet that was barely mentioned, from an attacking corner to conceding in 10 seconds despite having two "defensive midfielders" in Coquelin and Xhaka on the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Liverpool's third goal is even more embarrassing from a defensive standpoint
    No it wasn't. It wasn't more embarrassing than a premier league footballer, walking around the pitch not even realising the game was going on.

Plenty of other Arsenal players copped it yesterday too. Carragher called them all cowards and also called Ozil and Sanchez a disgrace but you're choosing to ignore that because you somehow think Ramsey has been hard done by.

No it wasn't. It wasn't more embarrassing than a premier league footballer, walking around the pitch not even realising the game was going on.

Plenty of other Arsenal players copped it yesterday too. Carragher called them all cowards and also called Ozil and Sanchez a disgrace but you're choosing to ignore that because you somehow think Ramsey has been hard done by.
    Bellerin bottled out of a challenge with Salah which gave him an entire half to run in to, from their own set play, that's dreadful

Had Xhaka not tried a ridiculous chip in his own half ahead of Liverpool's goal which gave way possession, the goal wouldn't have happened

For Ramsey to cop so much of the blame is ridiculous seeing as he wasn't even on the pitch for the second half! Like I said, Ramsey was poor but didn't deserve to be humiliated

Ramsey does seem to get a lot of stick above everyone else, in many cases underserved IMO.
    Yesterday though (from various articles read and video clips I have seen) he did deserve his share, others too.

Ironically there was a full page write up interview in The Sunday Times yesterday with him saying how Arsenal have done well to hold onto certain players and bought well too. Also the freedom he has been allowed to be more creative.
    He was saying how it could be their year for the PL title

The thing Wales have in their favour is that no matter how much stick he receives, he keeps proving people wrong.
    I'm not a huge fan of stats but you can't lie about the fact that he covered more ground than anybody in history against Chelsea in the cup final, scoring the winner to boot.

I doubt he will let this latest episode bother him too much, just hope he's fit.

BTW, cannot bear watching and listening to that whiney scouse Carragher.
    He called Aresenal players cowards and I can only assume from the vitriol aimed at Ramsey that he included him in that.
    Ramsey is anything but a coward.
    Jamie Carragher belongs on Channel 5!

I don't care a **** if he plays shit for arsenal. Aslong as he turns up for Wales, then that's ok with me. He plays a role more suited to him with Wales. Arsenal ain't playing him right

Wenger has been far too loyal to players. Can you imagine NW putting up with these 'prima donnas' ?

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    I don't care a **** if he plays shit for arsenal. Aslong as he turns up for Wales, then that's ok with me. He plays a role more suited to him with Wales. Arsenal ain't playing him right
    /Thread

Why JR cares so much is a mystery, something like 30 posts in a thread about arsenal and his sole aim is to tell everyone how shit Ramsey played when we all already know.

If arsenal played Ramsey where Ozil plays they would be better off but Ozil cost too much to leave out.

/Thread

Why JR cares so much is a mystery, something like 30 posts in a thread about arsenal and his sole aim is to tell everyone how shit Ramsey played when we all already know.

If arsenal played Ramsey where Ozil plays they would be better off but Ozil cost too much to leave out.
    Ozil is a liability.

Ramsey was poor yesterday. Can't see anyone wanting to sign for Arsenal at the moment.

Downward spiral whilst Wenger remains.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Currently tearing the Arsenal midfield and specifically Ramsey a fresh one at Liverpool at the moment.

There always seems to be 1 scapegoat don't there mate
    the gooners were awful not just 1 or 2 players but all around the park

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    There always seems to be 1 scapegoat don't there mate
    the gooners were awful not just 1 or 2 players but all around the park
    Don't there indeed.

/Thread

We're having a debate about football so ****ing what, if you don't like him put him on ignore, I'm one of Rambo's biggest fans but he ain't going to replace him instead of a world cup winner granted he doesn't always show up but you don't get in a real Madrid or Germany side of you don't have **** all about you