+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Carragher & Neville

Re: Carragher & Neville

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    We're having a debate about football so ****ing what, if you don't like him put him on ignore, I'm one of Rambo's biggest fans but he ain't going to replace him instead of a world cup winner granted he doesn't always show up but you don't get in a real Madrid or Germany side of you don't have **** all about you
    I agree with you but Ozil like several others are certainly not performing for their manager. Either most of the Arsenal team needs to go or the manager needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I agree with you but Ozil like several others are certainly not performing for their manager. Either most of the Arsenal team needs to go or the manager needs to go.
    Wenger should've gone about 5 years ago there's to many having a easy ride there I would've been throwing a right wobbly in that dressing room but he looks like the type to say **** all and let them carry on

We're having a debate about football so ****ing what, if you don't like him put him on ignore, I'm one of Rambo's biggest fans but he ain't going to replace him instead of a world cup winner granted he doesn't always show up but you don't get in a real Madrid or Germany side of you don't have **** all about you
    Well that told me, carry on with the thrilling debate about nothing.

Wenger should've gone about 5 years ago there's to many having a easy ride there I would've been throwing a right wobbly in that dressing room but he looks like the type to say **** all and let them carry on
    They finished 2nd in the league 2 seasons ago. I didn't realise it was so easy to finish second, imagine what they could have done if the players had tried?!?!

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    They finished 2nd in the league 2 seasons ago. I didn't realise it was so easy to finish second, imagine what they could have done if the players had tried?!?!
    They may have finished 2nd but it was miles behind Leicester - and they only secured 2nd place on the last day (thanks to Spurs' capitulation). They were pretty much out of the running for the title in February/March IIRC

That season was a complete anomaly as Arsenal actually gained more points last season and finished in 5th place.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    They may have finished 2nd but it was miles behind Leicester - and they only secured 2nd place on the last day (thanks to Spurs' capitulation). They were pretty much out of the running for the title in February/March IIRC

That season was a complete anomaly as Arsenal actually gained more points last season and finished in 5th place.
    Doesn't count then I guess. When are we meant to calculate the league positions, the week before the end of the season? Christmas?

Facking hell I can't believe I am getting drawn into this shit thread.

Doesn't count then I guess. When are we meant to calculate the league positions, the week before the end of the season? Christmas?

Fvck off back to the politics forum then

Heisenberg

Oh it counts, but for what? Arsenal finished above Spurs again... that's all that mattered to the fans come the end of the season as they always finish in the top 4 and were nowhere near catching Leicester.

All of 'big' teams had terrible seasons for some reason and Arsenal finished with 71 points and came 2nd - which I think is the joint-lowest ever points for a runner-up in the Premier League since the turn of the Millenium(?)

I'm sure my point was quite clear tbh.

A World Cup winner who has been living off the back of that achievement ever since it happened. Ozil has become the type of player who gets managers the sack (or should do in the case of Arsenal) - it would be very interesting to see the type of club who would bid for him if he was to be made available for transfer by Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Fvck off back to the politics forum then
    Whose name do you have on the back of your Liverpool shirt this year?

Oh it counts, but for what? Arsenal finished above Spurs again... that's all that mattered to the fans come the end of the season as they always finish in the top 4 and were nowhere near catching Leicester.

All of 'big' teams had terrible seasons for some reason and Arsenal finished with 71 points and came 2nd - which I think is the joint-lowest ever points for a runner-up in the Premier League since the turn of the Millenium(?)

I'm sure my point was quite clear tbh.
    The only point that matters is whether arsenal players have 'had an easy ride for the last 5 years' as this was the original point I was responding to when you jumped in

I think it is pretty obvious to anyone with a pulse that over the past few seasons Ramsey has received an unfair amount of flak (often insulting and derogatory too) from arsenal fans and football followers everytime they lose a game. He appears to be expected to do everything, protect a poor defense, run the midfield and score goals because the rest of the midfield (Sanchez apart) dont.

Whose name do you have on the back of your Liverpool shirt this year?
    Eric Cartman

Heisenberg

The only point that matters is whether arsenal players have 'had an easy ride for the last 5 years' as this was the original point I was responding to when you jumped in
    ...And your argument to prove they haven't was that they finished second 2 seasons ago, which I don't think was any sort of an achievement (and explained why).

Also, "jumped in" Sorry for responding to a post on a message board.

Come off it that was the poorest season ever in the premiership the only reason they finished second was because spurs finally realised they wouldn't win it and threw in the towel

...And your argument to prove they haven't was that they finished second 2 seasons ago, which I don't think was any sort of an achievement (and explained why).

It was more of an achievement than 4-5 other major teams who must have therefore all been having an easy ride. Effectively you are saying the whole premier league took a year off.

I would imagine top level sport takes a bit more effort and concentration than you are all giving credit for if you think arsenal have just been going through the motions for 5 years in a row.

Why do so many ridiculously talented players end up doing absolutely nothing in their careers if all they need to do is turn up?

Come off it that was the poorest season ever in the premiership the only reason they finished second was because spurs finally realised they wouldn't win it and threw in the towel
    Why was it poor? Was everyone else not trying too?

You were the one getting precious about me missing the point when you moved the goalposts.

Heisenberg

You were the one getting precious about me missing the point when you moved the goalposts.
    The only person who appears to be presenting themselves as "precious" in this thread is you. Everyone else seems to be managing fine with a bit of a debate about the topic at hand without you popping in now and again to tell posters that the thread is shit and you don't know why you're getting involved.

I'll stick to my original point (the goalposts never changed) that the big teams all had a terrible season (the amount of draws were ridiculous) which meant Arsenal were the best of a bad bunch; finishing 2nd on 71 points. They would have finished 8th last season with that total.

"Effectively you are saying the whole premier league took a year off". No, I'm saying that the big teams all struggled and none of them come out of it with any credit (runners-up or otherwise).

Don't see the issue with my rationale, really.

The only person who appears to be presenting themselves as "precious" in this thread is you. Everyone else seems to be managing fine with a bit of a debate about the topic at hand without you popping in now and again to tell posters that the thread is shit and you don't know why you're getting involved.

I'll stick to my original point (the goalposts never changed) that the big teams all had a terrible season (the amount of draws were ridiculous) which meant Arsenal were the best of a bad bunch; finishing 2nd on 71 points. They would have finished 8th last season with that total.

"Effectively you are saying the whole premier league took a year off". No, I'm saying that the big teams all struggled and none of them come out of it with any credit (runners-up or otherwise).

Don't see the issue with my rationale, really.
    Well I can't spoon feed you but here goes. First things first, another poster said arsenal players have had an easy ride for 5 years. Do you think this is true? (My interpretation was that easy ride means they aren't trying and they don't get reprimanded for it).

We aren't talking about whether they were good, just whether they were trying.

Heisenberg

Well I can't spoon feed you but here goes. First things first, another poster said arsenal players have had an easy ride for 5 years. Do you think this is true? (My interpretation was that easy ride means they aren't trying and they don't get reprimanded for it).

"Spoon feed"... bloody hell. What's up, Eric? Once again, it appears that you have taken this personally.

Anyway, back to the discussion... I took "easy ride" to mean the same thing as you did - but the difference is that you appear to have taken one year's finishing position to justify that they must have 'tried' that particular season - whereas - I think the finishing position doesn't account for much as the results throughout the season were very disappointing and it was a typical Arsenal season where they had nothing to play for in the league except qualifying for the CL again.

Being perennial bottlers in the Premier League would suggest they don't try hard enough (and their results against their rivals would suggest the same). I think the players need a new man at the helm who will challenge them more for their starting places before the rut continues.

That's my opinion.

I said there's to many having an easy ride there and Wenger never seems to drop players no matter how they perform I wouldn't be surprised if possible he wouldn't be far off picking the same 11 that started at anfield

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A World Cup winner who has been living off the back of that achievement ever since it happened. Ozil has become the type of player who gets managers the sack (or should do in the case of Arsenal) - it would be very interesting to see the type of club who would bid for him if he was to be made available for transfer by Arsenal.
    He's been Germany's player of the year the last 2 years

He's been Germany's player of the year the last 2 years
    I tend to agree with Bob's comments.

Ramsey was shocking against Liverpool but no more so the Sanchez, who clearly wants out before Thursday, as does Oxlade Chamberlain, but both are selected to play ?
    I have only ever seen Arsenal on TV games but I am yet to see Ozil have an influential game.
    There is something wrong at this football club with a high number of so called stars not bothered about performance or results.
    The best way forward is for Wenger to leave and Arsenal bring in a new manager who is not afraid to drop players playing poorly. They also need a mini clear out of European players who have only been mediocre (even when Wenger signed them).
    The main issue is that Wenger has made the owners very rich with his transfer activities and they want to show loyalty in return.

****ing gobshits the both of them