+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Carragher & Neville

Re: Carragher & Neville

Arsenal much improved second half with Ramsey off

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I can't take them off. He was awful granted but he's not the type of player to sit back I just don't get the let's blame ramsey apart from cech they are all shit
    Mate the game was going on and he wasn't even looking at the play for about 5-6 seconds!!!

Wether you prefer a different position or not you just can't go doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I don't think he is a holding midfield player? Well he wasn't when he made it into the EURO 2016 Team of the Tournament.
    Wenger wants him to sit with xaka he should be playing where ozil plays

England internationals Danny Welbeck and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain have been just as bad, yet they don't get anywhere near as much stick, I wonder why

Sanchez and Ozil have been non-existent as well

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Mate the game was going on and he wasn't even looking at the play for about 5-6 seconds!!!

Wether you prefer a different position or not you just can't go doing that.
    I don't know what he was doing there let's just hope he's back to his best next week but this arsenal side is awful and making the Scousers look world class

The entire Arsenal team have been awful

Constant mistakes from the defence - giving the ball away, leaving wide open spaces, playing Liverpool players onside... Xhaka misplacing passes, Ozil etc non existant

They've been made to look poor by a piss poor Liverpool team.
    Such a shame for Wenger, all the good he did in the early years and now putting out a gutless and clueless sides

Neville still going on about selling the entire squad, "cutting edge punditry" apparently

I think we would've given arsenal a thumping today they've been shocking

Cmon Jamie take the Ramsey rose tinted glasses off he was shocking in that first 45 minutes.
    If he was meant to be the holding midfielder he had a funny way of showing it he was about 50/60 yards away from both goals, and was furthest Arsenal player forward for Liverpools second.
    He'd never get into the City side .

I don't think he's the only one, why Wenger persist with him as a holding midfielder is ridiculous
    The crazy thing about arsenal is Ramsey is the least of their problems. Ozil is actually useless and cost 40 million, Sanchez is sitting on the bench giggling at losing 4-0, showing contempt for the fans, the defence is a disaster with or without koscienly now it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Neville still going on about selling the entire squad, "cutting edge punditry" apparently
    Harsh but fair. Most of those players wouldn't get anywhere a team capable of winning the league

I like Neville he talks sense but I can't stand that Scouse twat
    It's the fact for me that every second word of his is "errrm". Annoying.

Neville I've always liked listening to, always been pretty honest even if having to be negative about Man Yoo. I've always sensed at times you needed to hold a gun against Carraghers head to criticise 'Pool.

Harsh but fair. Most of those players wouldn't get anywhere a team capable of winning the league
    They'd get into Leicester's team.

Problems are that Wenger has failed over the years to create an effective defence. Look at the Graham era, tighter than a nun's chuff. These days, you sense Arsenal have to score heavily as they could concede at any second. At times they want to overcomplicate things rather than taking a shot, they just don't look a side who can score heavily.

Personally think he's taken them as far as he can. Ferguson got out at the right time, Wenger is now damaging his legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    They'd get into Leicester's team.

Problems are that Wenger has failed over the years to create an effective defence. Look at the Graham era, tighter than a nun's chuff. These days, you sense Arsenal have to score heavily as they could concede at any second. At times they want to overcomplicate things rather than taking a shot, they just don't look a side who can score heavily.

Personally think he's taken them as far as he can. Ferguson got out at the right time, Wenger is now damaging his legacy.
    None of them have the bottle to get into that Leicester title winning team. Leicester had team spirit in abundance, Arsenal are a bunch of big time Charlie's who don't want to put the graft in.

None of them have the bottle to get into that Leicester title winning team. Leicester had team spirit in abundance, Arsenal are a bunch of big time Charlie's who don't want to put the graft in.
    Leicester had a diver and numerous dubious decisions go their way...

Arsenal's squad lacks any semblance of a quality defence. That's on Wenger. He doesn't even have the nous to set up tactically to protect his defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    They've been made to look poor by a piss poor Liverpool team.
    Such a shame for Wenger, all the good he did in the early years and now putting out a gutless and clueless sides
    Aye, Liverpool really looked clueless out there this afternoon.

Carragher really went in on Ramsey, barely mentioned any other Arsenal player despite the rest being atrocious, and Ramsey being taken off at half-time, what's he got against him?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Carragher really went in on Ramsey, barely mentioned any other Arsenal player despite the rest being atrocious, and Ramsey being taken off at half-time, what's he got against him?
    Selective hearing. He went in on Xhaka, Ozil, Sanchez, Ox Chamberlain, Wenger, and the Arsenal board.

Gary Neville also called out every one of the 5 midfield / wide players.

Perhaps he went in so hard on Ramsey because as a central midfielder he didn't protect his defence, and was way, way out of position for both goals conceded first half.

If that was a piss poor Liverpool side I'd hate to see them on a bad day.

Defensively, Liverpool are poor. Them dominating a piss poor side today doesn't make them Barcelona.

Perhaps he went in so hard on Ramsey because as a central midfielder he didn't protect his defence, and was way, way out of position for both goals conceded first half.
    Henry reckoned Wenger said he plays him to make those runs. Seems suicidal with the way they set-up.

No offence meant, I know you're a closet Scouser but they are a disaster defensively. Anything in the air in their box and they are very vulnerable. Any corner, any free kick and they panic. We've seen it multiple times already this season. Of course Arsenals arrogance ignored the opponents major weakness which is a sin in itself.
    You can't judge a side on a performance against that Arsenal side so I'd keep a level head about your chances for this season if I were you. Can't see top 4 myself, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Defensively, Liverpool are poor. Them dominating a piss poor side today doesn't make them Barcelona.
    It doesn't make them a 'piss poor team' either

The problem they have with the way they play they're going to struggle against sides sitting back