+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wales v Austria build up

Re: Wales v Austria build up

Huge game this. International football in our own stadium. A must win game. 33,000 packed in on a Saturday night under the lights. Austria have had a few players retire and have some injury problems. Really looking forward to it.

With the whole afternoon available for pre-game refreshments, hopefully we can get CCS bouncing again. Looking forward to it.

Everyone get down there into the seats by 7:30 and get it bouncing, hate seeing people rock up 10 mins into the first half

Jonny Williams got back from Sunderland at 5am and was in training with the rest o the squad today, god I love that man

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Massive game next Saturday.
    Allen and Taylor suspended but it looks like our key players have come through unscathed.
    However Ramsey subbed at half time and Bale anonymous and subbed for Real Madrid tonight. We will need these to be at their best.

I'm looking forward to it I'm quite confidant there I said it lol
    1 sleep to go

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    I'm looking forward to it I'm quite confidant there I said it lol
    1 sleep to go
    So important that Ramsey was fit for this game. Austria have to go for the win too as a draw is no good to either side. I agree with Zenith. Let's get their early and pack the stadium out and make it like the Belgium game two years ago.

So important that Ramsey was fit for this game. Austria have to go for the win too as a draw is no good to either side. I agree with Zenith. Let's get their early and pack the stadium out and make it like the Belgium game two years ago.
    that was the 12th man wasn't it the packed stadium that game the adrenaline was pumping for days after lol
    I gotta feeling we will win by 2 or even 3 goals Percey
    I'm leaving Kent via Redhill and Reading at 11.03 lol
    lets get CCS rocking by 7

its important they all shine tomorrow mate we all know they got it in them and they have done it countless times before

DEWCH VMLAEN CYMRU

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    that was the 12th man wasn't it the packed stadium that game the adrenaline was pumping for days after lol
    I gotta feeling we will win by 2 or even 3 goals Percey
    I'm leaving Kent via Redhill and Reading at 11.03 lol
    lets get CCS rocking by 7

its important they all shine tomorrow mate we all know they got it in them and they have done it countless times before

DEWCH VMLAEN CYMRU
    Oh it was the 12th man. When Bale scored the wall of sound knocked the stuffing out of the Belgians even though their own supporters were noisy that night.
    Have a safe journey and let's get that win. If we do win then Allen will be available for Moldova where we may,just may, be at full strength. I wouldn't bring back Taylor for Moldova. He has had a poor campaign.

Oh it was the 12th man. When Bale scored the wall of sound knocked the stuffing out of the Belgians even though their own supporters were noisy that night.
    Have a safe journey and let's get that win. If we do win then Allen will be available for Moldova where we may,just may, be at full strength. I wouldn't bring back Taylor for Moldova. He has had a poor campaign.
    Cheers mate
    yeah time to turn them 1 pointers into 3 now
    yeah I have to agree with you on Allen and Taylor

I don't want to be too pessimistic but I fear second place in this group will not be enough for a play off place. We may end up with a lower number of points than the other eight group runners up. It seems absurd that one runner up will miss out. As things stand our group looks like the one where the runner up will have the lowest number of points. This takes into account the points from the bottom place team in each group not counting. We really have to win all of our remaining games.

One thing that may help us is that a draw is no use to either side. The losers can forget finishing 2nd, so it's a winner-takes-all game to stay in the hunt. Austria will have to have a go at us. There's no use them sitting back and playing for a point, so it hopefully should result in a more open game.

Also, if Georgia can somehow take points off the Republic, then the carrot will be dangling even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    One thing that may help us is that a draw is no use to either side. The losers can forget finishing 2nd, so it's a winner-takes-all game to stay in the hunt. Austria will have to have a go at us. There's no use them sitting back and playing for a point, so it hopefully should result in a more open game.

Also, if Georgia can somehow take points off the Republic, then the carrot will be dangling even more.
    The trouble is we may have to finish top to qualify. Overhauling Serbia is a big ask from here. Second place may not give us a play off place.

The trouble is we may have to finish top to qualify. Overhauling Serbia is a big ask from here. Second place may not give us a play off place.
    We need to win all 4 no doubt about that. Only hope is Serbia drawing with Georgia on the last day and drawing with Ireland as well in a few days time.

Looking like Group E won't get into the playoff. Denmark and Montenegro are battling for second and they play each other, Montenegro have to play Poland away and Romania at home while Denmark are away at Montenegro and home to Romania, we need draws in the other groups

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Looking like Group E won't get into the playoff. Denmark and Montenegro are battling for second and they play each other, Montenegro have to play Poland away and Romania at home while Denmark are away at Montenegro and home to Romania, we need draws in the other groups

This might be a group that helps. Still too early to say. We certainly can't afford any more draws.

This might be a group that helps. Still too early to say. We certainly can't afford any more draws.
    Definitely, no point thinking about all this until October though, we need to beat Austria first

Lovely sunny day.
    On the piss late afternoon.
    Wales win.
    Saturday night party.
    What's not to like!
    Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamaaaaaan WALES!!!

I think it was the rendition of the Welsh national anthem just as we looked to be flagging in the second half that night which had the biggest effect, both in terms of providing a boost to our players and deflating the Belgian team.

Sadly, I believe we're going to end up ruing the two points dropped against Georgia.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think it was the rendition of the Welsh national anthem just as we looked to be flagging in the second half that night which had the biggest effect, both in terms of providing a boost to our players and deflating the Belgian team.

Sadly, I believe we're going to end up ruing the two points dropped against Georgia.
    Yes that played a massive part in the second half. It was one of the best atmospheres I have ever enjoyed at a match. The Belgian supporters were superb as well. They were noisy but very sporting. I always felt there was a connection in the 0-0 home game against Bosnia which incredibly was nearly three years ago. We were missing so many players that night but the fans really rooted for the team.
    As for Georgia I can see us filing this alongside that Iceland result of many years ago. Cyprus helped us out in the Euro qualifiers. We badly need them to beat Ireland today but they are missing key players.

Going ahead in virtually all our games and not seeing them out is what has scuppered us.

On the positive side, we're still unbeaten however, but we have to win our last four games. With a full first XI for each, I'd fancy us. That is unlikely however.

Would like to see young Woodburn finally get his cap tonight to settle that down.

The nerves are really starting to kick in now

COME ON

Are Austria full strength ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    Are Austria full strength ?
    no

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    no
    Who are they missing?

Guido Burgstaller's out and regulars Marko Arnautovic, Marcel Sabitzer, Stefan Ilsanker and Marc Janko weren't called up