+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: disallowed

disallowed

Why was Zohore and Hoilett goals disallowed?

Re: disallowed

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    First one a push but second I have no idea

First one an alleged push, second one an alleged push - looking at the video though, the ref got it hopelessly wrong on both occasions.

First one I thought mayhem goes on in the box and the ref could have given it either way but I was mystified by the Hoillett 'goal".

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    First one an alleged push, second one an alleged push - looking at the video though, the ref got it hopelessly wrong on both occasions.
    Didn't have a good view of the first disallowed goal but agree that the goal should have stood having seen it on the video. Had a brilliant view of the second disallowed goal and was totally confused as to why it was disallowed. No offside, no foul. It should have stood. A good argument for video review?

Both should have stood. Two very poor decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Having won the game, its water of a ducks back but, and I hear that Warnock praised the ref, I thought he was bloody awful as was the Lino in the 2nd half (City attacking end) the wrestling of big Ken was going unpunished for the full 90 mins, right in the eyes of the ref and the Lino's, not the sneaky stuff from the over the hill professional but blatant wrestling belonging in a ring, perhaps the best example just before the 2nd disallowed goal, right in front of the lino, he couldn't have been any closer, we could have been undone by sheer incompetence and IMO, due to the furore that followed the Wolves game perpetuated by social media which the ref would have been well aware of.

Let's hope goal difference doesn't come into it at the end of the season and yesterday's decisions don't come back to bite us.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Both should have stood, yeah.

If the ref gave fouls for those kind of incidents consistently then game would still be in added time now with 20 or 30 goals a piece.

Mystifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Having won the game, its water of a ducks back but, and I hear that Warnock praised the ref, I thought he was bloody awful as was the Lino in the 2nd half (City attacking end) the wrestling of big Ken was going unpunished for the full 90 mins, right in the eyes of the ref and the Lino's, not the sneaky stuff from the over the hill professional but blatant wrestling belonging in a ring, perhaps the best example just before the 2nd disallowed goal, right in front of the lino, he couldn't have been any closer, we could have been undone by sheer incompetence and IMO, due to the furore that followed the Wolves game perpetuated by social media which the ref would have been well aware of.
    Agree with that.

At least we are not babies and 'twinging' about it constantly on twitter like Wolves fans... although maybe if we hadn't won some fans would have. Saying that Wolves didn't have two perfectly good goals disallowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    The post match interview I heard Warnock was critical of the ref for all the holding and shirt pulling but Nathan Blake felt the ref had a great game and let it flow?

Me I thought he was the latest in a long line of shite at the city.

The lino on the ninian side may as well not been there gives offside when long was on then let's him carry on when he must've been at least 5 yards off he was useless

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Agree with that.

At least we are not babies and 'twinging' about it constantly on twitter like Wolves fans... although maybe if we hadn't won some fans would have. Saying that Wolves didn't have two perfectly good goals disallowed.
    Shouldn't that be 'twhinging'?

The shirt pulling on Zahore was so clear and close to him I can only assume the Lino felt that it doesn't contravene the rules of the game.

For "Leighton James" read "referees"

https://youtu.be/Of0Ci6HLJu0

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Let's hope goal difference doesn't come into it at the end of the season and yesterday's decisions don't come back to bite us.
    It would have been worse if that last minute scramble in front of our goal had gone in.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It would have been worse if that last minute scramble in front of our goal had gone in.
    And how many times has that happened in the past? Thankfully it didn't and we are still top of the league. I've watched the highlights again and still can't spot any fouls for the two disallowed goals.
    Moan over. Bring on Fulham and let's have some of this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsqpN8bvAPo

It would be nice if incidents like these were clarified after games, just to help fans understand the thinking. In fact its probably a good idea for a 2 hour show on Sunday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    It would be nice if incidents like these were clarified after games, just to help fans understand the thinking. In fact its probably a good idea for a 2 hour show on Sunday morning.
    If onle of the TV channels did something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    If onle of the TV channels did something like that.
    "We Thought We'd Scored" with Gabby presenting��

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    the first one I cant comment as I was being asked am I going to wales game on Saturday by the guy who sits (stands) lol
    in front of me in the canton have done since day one at new Ninian Park natters on like he is at the salon lol
    the 2nd one is baffling as there was no compliant from any of the QPR players about the goal
    I couldn't (even with my blue tinted specs) couldn't see why the goal was disallowed there wasn't an offside or a foul or a foul I could see
    ref did have a bit of a shocker there just as well it din cost us points

as a side note
    well done City and well done everyone of you

The handball was the funniest. One of the most blatant I have ever seen. On the grandstand side in the second half towards their goal.