+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Confidence...and winning is a habit

Confidence...and winning is a habit

I was about to pen a piece about the ingredients in the - title which City have in abundance at the moment. Many of us have played the game at a variety of levels and will know that when confidence is high, you feel something extra come Saturday. Hard to put your finger on but when you go on a winning streak it's almost unsaid that everyone does the extra bit without being shouted at, no-one wants to miss a tackle, allow a cross or a shot at goal. And forwards suddenly do things they don't usually, like Hoilett for Saturday's equaliser.

Another intangible is a winning habit; the game somehow gets easier, no-one wants it to stop and collectively the team works out during play how to play the opposition and everyone follows the game plan, not wanting to be the one who shirks, knowing there are boys on the bench itching to show they can be part of party time.

City, one feels, has this momentum now and don't look like letting it go. They know they have to face the manager and fans if standards or effort slip. Long may it continue.

Having said all that - see this piece which explains probably better than I can, what's going on.

http://www.itsroundanditswhite.co.uk...-championship/

Re: Confidence...and winning is a habit

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    I was about to pen a piece about the ingredients in the - title which City have in abundance at the moment. Many of us have played the game at a variety of levels and will know that when confidence is high, you feel something extra come Saturday. Hard to put your finger on but when you go on a winning streak it's almost unsaid that everyone does the extra bit without being shouted at, no-one wants to miss a tackle, allow a cross or a shot at goal. And forwards suddenly do things they don't usually, like Hoilett for Saturday's equaliser.

Another intangible is a winning habit; the game somehow gets easier, no-one wants it to stop and collectively the team works out during play how to play the opposition and everyone follows the game plan, not wanting to be the one who shirks, knowing there are boys on the bench itching to show they can be part of party time.

City, one feels, has this momentum now and don't look like letting it go. They know they have to face the manager and fans if standards or effort slip. Long may it continue.

Having said all that - see this piece which explains probably better than I can, what's going on.

http://www.itsroundanditswhite.co.uk...-championship/

good article mate

but the way you put it was better

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    good article mate

but the way you put it was better
    Thanks PC, a number of tough games coming up and we'll need all the nous and resolve this group seems to have

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Thanks PC, a number of tough games coming up and we'll need all the nous and resolve this group seems to have
    since NW came in mate we are finally seeing some back bone and fight in us
    we do have some tricky away games coming up
    the players really are putting shifts in and there seems to be a colictive there now
    long may it continue

Banned

The team has never been short of backbone what has been lacking is quality players in vital positions. NW was given the funds and with his connections (which he has built up over decades) was able to bring in the quality previous managers were unable to do.
    The squad is going to be confident with better selection options.

For the first time in years, I have never been so confident no matter who we play, home or away. A strong defence, a battling midfield and lethal attack. 4 points in the next 2 games would be excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    The team has never been short of backbone what has been lacking is quality players in vital positions. NW was given the funds and with his connections (which he has built up over decades) was able to bring in the quality previous managers were unable to do.
    The squad is going to be confident with better selection options.

cmon russ as if I'm going to take what you say seriously