+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Torquay united

Torquay united

another club dying on its arse. I have a soft spot for them due to holidays back in the 80s.

http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9584

Re: Torquay united

I spent two days roasting on Paignton beach last week. Torquay's a lovely place, lot of homeless come out of the woodwork at night though.

Torquay is like the football club - dying. The streets are full of drug addicts, drunks and dropouts. In the town centre many shops are boarded up and the hotels are very downmarket. I know because I live in the general area and have witnessed its decline in recent years.

Used to love my Saturday nights at the Monastery nightclub up on Torwood Gardens, raving until 8 am

Fans kicked in the nuts again, and sad to see any club wind up.
    Unfortunately it will only get worse such is the gulf between rich and poor, the ridiculous sums of money being paid on transfers and wages, agents, TV, greedy average players all contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I spent two days roasting on Paignton beach last week. Torquay's a lovely place, lot of homeless come out of the woodwork at night though.
    Roasting, who with ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    Roasting, who with ?????
    Hogs?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Paignton Dawlish and Torquay lovely part of the country colonel sir beautiful beaches
    sad news about the gulls though