+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBC : Cardiff turn down Everton enquiry for Zohore

BBC : Cardiff turn down Everton enquiry for Zohore

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41085072

Not sure if this is good news, because we turned it down. Or bad news, because Everton clearly do have an interest!

Re: BBC : Cardiff turn down Everton enquiry for Zohore

Everton have the money as well and are in need of another striker. They might well put in a bid on Thursday and it might be enough for the club to accept. If so then it will be too late for us to replace him.

I eagerly await dml1954 championing how Cardiff City are a much bigger club than Everton

Not hoping for it to happen but a loan deal for Ademola Lookman as part of it would be grand. Or just give him to us.

I have a horrible suspicion that a prem team will offer big bucks at the eleventh hour and the club will accept it.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Dont see how we could turn down a £20m+ offer. God forbid but Ken could pull a hammy next week and be out for 2 months.

This window really can't close quick enough as far as i'm concerned. Roll on Friday morning.

In Bogle we trust

We have turned down an inquiry not a bid, so that says that we are not interested in Everton, entertaining a bid, politely told them don't bother he is not for sale (at any price )

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    We have turned down an inquiry not a bid, so that says that we are not interested in Everton, entertaining a bid, politely told them don't bother he is not for sale (at any price )
    If only things were that simple! Our valuation has scared off Brighton, let's hope it scares off Everton too (not because of the actual cost, but because they probably think they can get better value for money elsewhere. You'd presume someone like Everton would have a bigger pool of players to choose from).

If Everton genuinely want him - he's gone

It'll have to be over £10 million though hopefully

Even at that price its laughable (and before the Assombalonga and Chris Wood prices get trotted out - they were utter lunacy too)

If theres an offer of £15 million + lets all go the asylum and buy in Rudy and Ross as replacements.

I do hope he stays but if a club like Everton come calling you cant blame the lad for wanting the move. He'll be set for life.

As much as we rate Zohore (and others do too judging by the interest) i am not sure he is what Everton need. They've spent big all over the park, the only position they haven't is a striker. An unproven one at a higher level seems madness on their part.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    As much as we rate Zohore (and others do too judging by the interest) i am not sure he is what Everton need. They've spent big all over the park, the only position they haven't is a striker. An unproven one at a higher level seems madness on their part.
    I think it makes sense to some extent. Zohore's best attributes are those that match the ones of the striker they have just lost:

Fast, strong, good in the air, great at holding the ball up, great at running the channels, bringing others into play, and he has as a powerful left foot.

Although Zohore is unproven and not at the same level as Lukaku, he could be just what they are missing... *Cries*

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I think it makes sense to some extent. Zohore's best attributes are those that match the ones of the striker they have just lost:

Fast, strong, good in the air, great at holding the ball up, great at running the channels, bringing others into play, and he has as a powerful left foot.

Although Zohore is unproven and not at the same level as Lukaku, he could be just what they are missing... *Cries*
    I think to a certain extent signings have to appease the fan base, that is why I can't see a club at Everton's level buying someone like Zohore.

We must have the worlds fastest appreciating footballer playing for us

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I think to a certain extent signings have to appease the fan base, that is why I can't see a club at Everton's level buying someone like Zohore.
    Everton will possibly have £8m to play with if they sell Niasse who has been languishing in the U23's. He is also on high wages, so all of this is dead money that could be used to take a punt on a player with potential.

Heisenberg

Absolutely a fair point. I was just looking at it from a replacing a 'like-for-like' striker angle. I don't think most Everton fans would have even heard of him, so there's a definite risk of a backlash from them.

If Everton really want to be challenging the top 4 they should be pulling all the stops to sign Costa

Everton today have signed this guy for £8m Nikola Vlasic from Hajduk who is a striker

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I eagerly await dml1954 championing how Cardiff City are a much bigger club than Everton
    uh oh...now you've done it. Expect to be reported for chasing him around the boards on one of multiple accounts.

Leicester City maybe not be as big as Eveton but Vardy was a lot further away from the PL than Zohore.

No matter what we might think of him, his stats don't match his valuation either which from our point of view is a bonus. If he'd have been in the goals early season the struggle would have been that much harder to keep him

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    uh oh...now you've done it. Expect to be reported for chasing him around the boards on one of multiple accounts.

Leicester City maybe not be as big as Eveton but Vardy was a lot further away from the PL than Zohore.
    Staying quiet until Friday but thanks for comments Tandy, I'll bear them in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Dont think I have ever said that. I note however that city have turned down Evertons enquiry, so perhaps they are not as big as everyone thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Everton today have signed this guy for £8m Nikola Vlasic from Hajduk who is a striker
    Looks like that is where the £8m Niasse money is going great to be spent.