+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: England v WI 2nd test

England v WI 2nd test

Some finish to this game.
    After being given little hope this morning by the experts, W Indies look like pulling off a famous win needing 322 to win.

Now 44 to win in an hour with 6 wickets left, looks easy but new ball and all that..

Shai Hope just got his ton, be nice to see him see his team over the line and level the series.

Re: England v WI 2nd test

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Some finish to this game.
    After being given little hope this morning by the experts, W Indies look like pulling off a famous win needing 322 to win.

Now 44 to win in an hour with 6 wickets left, looks easy but new ball and all that..

Shai Hope just got his ton, be nice to see him see his team over the line and level the series.
    I hope they do it. A great effort by Brathwaite and Hope. They are nearly there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I hope they do it. A great effort by Brathwaite and Hope. They are nearly there.
    Wait win by 5 wkts.
    That is some comeback after the first test inhalation they were on the end of.
    Root may well now come in for a bit of stick declaring and giving them a chance but not many saw this coming.

How cool is Hope. A ton in both innings too. Brilliant

Wait win by 5 wkts.
    Root may well now come in for a bit of stick declaring and giving them a chance but not many saw this coming.

And breathe...

Wait win by 5 wkts.

Absolutely marvellous sport and an amazing comeback by the West Indies (don't like calling them Windies) after that first test annihilation.

Glad they won. Test cricket has missed them for years.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Absolutely marvellous sport and an amazing comeback by the West Indies (don't like calling them Windies) after that first test annihilation.

Yep agreed. Don't have SKY but have kept an eye on the score. A great win and so rare to chase down over 320

Love the crazy spelling in this thread.

Love England being made fools of too.

The media and supporters were thoroughly arrogant after the first test. Shouldn't kick someone when they are down. Now it is England in a terrible position and looking like they will be onto a hiding in Australia. I just can't see how this side, a bowling attack that relies heavily on Anderson and a batting lineup with 3 ?'s in the top 5 can expect to do anything in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post

Too early to intimate the West Indies are back after one win tbh. The problems there still remain - namely the change in pitches in the area, other sports taking youth who would traditionally play cricket, the inevitable politics etc.

I suspect unless those problems are addressed, they'll shine one test, play like crap in 4-5 others.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    The media and supporters were thoroughly arrogant after the first test. Shouldn't kick someone when they are down. Now it is England in a terrible position and looking like they will be onto a hiding in Australia. I just can't see how this side, a bowling attack that relies heavily on Anderson and a batting lineup with 3 ?'s in the top 5 can expect to do anything in Australia.
    True, in fact, the media (including many former players) were so arrogant after four days at Headingley - the game was as good as over they told us and they were all so full of praise for a declaration which, it struck me, left England with a good chance of losing if the wicket continued to play as it had done throughout their second innings.

England's oh so fallible batting lost the game for them in their first innings, but tremendous credit should go to the West Indies. It's easy for me to say the declaration left them with a good chance, but this is a group of players used to being beaten, and worse than that, humiliated in test cricket - I agree it doesn't mean they are back to what they were, but they are Under 19 World Champions in fifty over cricket and are always a strong T20 team, so maybe there are better days ahead for them, I hope so.

Pleased for the Windies and would love to see a resurgence in Caribbean cricket.A strong team from there would be good for cricket in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    That's a great win for Bangladesh, but I'd rate the West Indies win in England higher than that, because I don't think there are any non Asian sides in the world now who could be confident of going to Bangladesh and winning - it was possible to see the Bangladesh result coming beforehand, but there's no way I can say the same about the game at Headingley.

cricketwicket

bomp

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That's a great win for Bangladesh, but I'd rate the West Indies win in England higher than that, because I don't think there are any non Asian sides in the world now who could be confident of going to Bangladesh and winning - it was possible to see the Bangladesh result coming beforehand, but there's no way I can say the same about the game at Headingley.
    weather and wicket conditions play a huge part don't they Paul