+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Declan John to Rangers - maybe!

Declan John to Rangers - maybe!

This is a new one. However, as it comes from 'a well placed source' I can't see any reason to doubt it.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/ex...nglish-league/

Blue in the Face

Re: Declan John to Rangers - maybe!

Would be a great league for Declan to develop. Hope this is true and comes of for DJ's sake. Would like to see the lad do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Would be a great league for Declan to develop. Hope this is true and comes of for DJ's sake. Would like to see the lad do well.
    Strange stagnation, 20 league games in the premier league when he was 18/19. Same number over the next 3 seasons. Needs to go somewhere and play, didn't look that bad when he broke through.

Think this is definite.
    Good luck Declan

Can't be that many Declans who have played for Rangers (in any of their corporate guises)!

Decent wing back , average full back in my opinion.

Personal would like him to stay as I think it's important to have local players for fans to relate to. However it's clear Warnock don't fancy him at all. He'd rather use Jazz there in the league cup games than give John a run out.

Players need to play , and he's just not doing that here. Good luck Declan.

Needs a fresh start somewhere. A good league to help build a reputation.

OK the league isn't great but it's a big club, may get some European football in coming years and I'm assuming they are still televised a bit.

Probably best option for him, can otherwise just see him disappearing to the bench of some league 1 club.

Felt he was a winger , not a true full back , never progressed from his premiership years really , and Neil likes the tall lads, useful bench man though

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    This is a new one. However, as it comes from 'a well placed source' I can't see any reason to doubt it.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/ex...nglish-league/
    I do have a soft spot for DJ he still be a useful squad player for us but I think I'm letting my heart rule my head here mate

Good luck to the lad but really a neverwasa for us.

Hope he does well and comes back a better player. Needs to leave as Warnock obviously doesn't fancy him?

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Hope he does well and comes back a better player. Needs to leave as Warnock obviously doesn't fancy him?
    Read somewhere that it's a loan with an option to buy. This could possibly maybe work the other way as in we get him back. He would need to sign a new contract though as I gather he's in his final year. Unless we have a extension clause.

Kingbillyboy wouldha' ben chuffed tae buts.