+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today's Zohore story... "Not for sale at any price".

Today's Zohore story... "Not for sale at any price".

Re: Today's Zohore story... "Not for sale at any price".

This is a good news story

If this is true and along with the Morrison and Bennet situations, then I think we have to accept that VT will have done us proud in this window.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post

If this is true and along with the Morrison and Bennet situations, then I think we have to accept that VT will have done us proud in this window.
    Not to jinx us, but looking at it from where we are at this moment you can't think of many better windows.

So knowing Wales on Line he will be off later today

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Not to jinx us, but looking at it from where we are at this moment you can't think of many better windows.

As with most, I will feel much happier if this is the situation at midnight tomorrow.

That said we have negotiated new contracts for several key players, our new signings have gelled well and surpassed most's expectations and all on a very modest budget. A couple out of the door now to reduce wages and it could almost be a window that Carlsberg could only dream of.

But why does WoL have to say he's turned in outstanding performances with a blistering start to the season.

Surely something like he's struggled this term and the goals seem to have dried up would be a better help to us!

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post

fingers toes arms and legs crossed hoping mate

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    fingers toes arms and legs crossed hoping mate
    I've actually tied my whole body into a knot ,however 30 million in cash I would take now.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I've actually tied my whole body into a knot ,however 30 million in cash I would take now.
    lol
    tbh mate £30m they would have to take silly money like that and who could blame them
    going to be a tense 36 hours

Tbf, VT deserves some credit here, after all the money he's put in it would be difficult to blame him for getting some of it back via a Zohore sale

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Tbf, VT deserves some credit here, after all the money he's put in it would be difficult to blame him for getting some of it back via a Zohore sale
    I have to agree with u there THC

sorry TH63 mate I left my reading glasses home

But, but, not to go into all of that...........but isn't the club forever in debt to him?.

He took in millions upon millions for the 1 year in the premier league as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    But why does WoL have to say he's turned in outstanding performances with a blistering start to the season.

Surely something like he's struggled this term and the goals seem to have dried up would be a better help to us!
    He's been a real handful this season, is getting a lot of shots in target per game, and almost certainly making more space for other players.
    If he keeps playing like this the goals will come.
    In terms of expected goals he's currently second only to Hernandez at Hull in the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    lol
    tbh mate £30m they would have to take silly money like that and who could blame them
    going to be a tense 36 hours
    Nobody is going to be offering 20 million, let alone 30

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Nobody is going to be offering 20 million, let alone 30
    like I said unless silly money is offered lol
    personally I think he is vital not just for his goals but for the goals created while he is on the park

"Sources close to the club"

What makes our hacks better than any other clubs hacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    "Sources close to the club"

What makes our hacks better than any other clubs hacks?
    We use Russians, they never leave a trace!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    We use Russians, they never leave a trace!
    Either that, or it's common journalistic practice not to use direct quotes when conversations are off the record.

Indeed.
    It is also possible that he twigs that he will get a lot more if he can help City get to the PL, and have a vibrant supportive fanbase.

Much easier to sell a PL Club (and for more money) than an also-ran (or worse) club with warring, hostile and disenchanted fanbase , reducing in numbers.

Why we need to congratulate him for displaying fairly rudimentary business acumen now I'm not sure, but I'll get in line and give a generous round of applause.
    Well done Club , Well done Tan.

And if a truly silly money offer comes in for KZ, most sane supporters would be gutted, but would understand.

If he stays - totally agree

Another angle to look at is to consider how much promotion would be worth to the club. If not cashing in on Zohore now means more chance of promotion, then financially we could be better off in the not too distant future.

Even if he does go for silly money, I wont be overly upset as I think NW & VT have done all they can to deter attention

So the window has SLAMMED shut and Ken stays?