+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Today's Zohore story... "Not for sale at any price".

Re: Today's Zohore story... "Not for sale at any price".

There must be a load of posters on this board tearing their hair out (if they have any) and full of angst because Zohore hasnt been sold and all their prophecies have turned out to be wrong. Everything the club and player said has turned out to be correct. Even interest from Everton didnt change the situation. We've even got rid of some fringe players and strengthened the squad in the final minutes of the window. How about some credit to Tan, the board and manager for backing the club as they have. No excuse for unjust critiscisms and not filling the stadium now.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    There must be a load of posters on this board tearing their hair out (if they have any) and full of angst because Zohore hasnt been sold and all their prophecies have turned out to be wrong. Everything the club and player said has turned out to be correct. Even interest from Everton didnt change the situation. We've even got rid of some fringe players and strengthened the squad in the final minutes of the window. How about some credit to Tan, the board and manager for backing the club as they have. No excuse for unjust critiscisms and not filling the stadium now.
    I think you're on the wrong board. Everyone on here seems delighted with the business we've done. Doesn't mean a few of us weren't concerned we'd lose Zohore. Your faith in the Club is touching though and I hope it continues to be repaid.

EDIT: VT and the Club as a whole deserve a huge amount of credit for their work this Summer. It's been the best window I can ever remember in terms of optimism and producing a TEAM right across the club.

Though I applaud your very positive and optimistic attitude, I do feel you have built up a false narrative regarding how things have been on here lately. Seems you get unduly defensive if someone has a different opinion to you. I really don't think that anyone will be full of angst due to us keeping Ken, in fact read the board and I think you would be hard pushed to find anyone upset about much at all tonight.

Just don't take everything so personally, club has done us proud this window so just enjoy the moment.

I'm not sure you understand people properly.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    So the window has SLAMMED shut and Ken stays?
    I never understood this. You slam a door. Slam a window and the glass could break.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Though I applaud your very positive and optimistic attitude, I do feel you have built up a false narrative regarding how things have been on here lately. Seems you get unduly defensive if someone has a different opinion to you. I really don't think that anyone will be full of angst due to us keeping Ken, in fact read the board and I think you would be hard pushed to find anyone upset about much at all tonight.

Just don't take everything so personally, club has done us proud this window so just enjoy the moment.
    the dictator as spoken

Quote Originally Posted by chipspie View Post
    the dictator as spoken

From relative obscurity to dictator all after the transfer window closes, thank you very much.

Always wanted a pet troll as well, so thanks for that also.

Re: Today's Zohore story... "Not for sale at any price"

Have you actually read anything on this board in the last month or so ?. There has been a constant stream of people who have no faith in Tan or the club, stating that the they would sell Zohore to anyone who offered north of £5m and especially Everton. That was in spite of clear statements by Dalman, Warnock and the player that he was not going anywhere. I have no doubt that many of these people, now that the window has shut, are expressing their pleasure and relief that Zohore has stayed put but thats more to do with them trying to save face than anything else.

From relative obscurity to dictator all after the transfer window closes, thank you very much.

Always wanted a pet troll as well, so thanks for that also.
    you think alot of yourself chump

Quote Originally Posted by chipspie View Post
    you think alot of yourself chump

Don't you think much of yourself, is that why you feel the need to troll?

Have you actually read anything on this board in the last month or so ?. There has been a constant stream of people who have no faith in Tan or the club, stating that the they would sell Zohore to anyone who offered north of £5m and especially Everton. That was in spite of clear statements by Dalman, Warnock and the player that he was not going anywhere. I have no doubt that many of these people, now that the window has shut, are expressing their pleasure and relief that Zohore has stayed put but thats more to do with them trying to save face than anything else.

Yes, having actually read a bit on here the general impression is that from the start of the window, the vast majority have wanted us to keep Ken. Regardless of what NW , VT or even ken has said I just think that most people realised that at some point a bid might come in that a club of our size would realistically not be able to refuse, thankfully that didn't materialise.

The comments from the management that have proved true were probably made in genuine belief that we wanted to keep the player. But for you to think that if tested with a strong solid bid, there wasn't any chance of us considering it the I feel your being a little naive. Not sure if thats your birth year in your username but if it is I would have thought you would have witnessed many times when what managers, owners and players say in public, the reality of the business is very often at odds with the words.

I don't think anyone is trying to save face today, but instead breathing a sigh of relief that as transfer windows go this was a very good one for us. And as been mentioned many times by many posters, a big thanks to all involved is certainly in order.

I bet if Brighton knew then what they know now, they would have paid the £30m asking price

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I bet if Brighton knew then what they know now, they would have paid the £30m asking price
    What asking price - he wasn't on the market !.

Yes, having actually read a bit on here the general impression is that from the start of the window, the vast majority have wanted us to keep Ken. Regardless of what NW , VT or even ken has said I just think that most people realised that at some point a bid might come in that a club of our size would realistically not be able to refuse, thankfully that didn't materialise.

The comments from the management that have proved true were probably made in genuine belief that we wanted to keep the player. But for you to think that if tested with a strong solid bid, there wasn't any chance of us considering it the I feel your being a little naive. Not sure if thats your birth year in your username but if it is I would have thought you would have witnessed many times when what managers, owners and players say in public, the reality of the business is very often at odds with the words.

I don't think anyone is trying to save face today, but instead breathing a sigh of relief that as transfer windows go this was a very good one for us. And as been mentioned many times by many posters, a big thanks to all involved is certainly in order.
    Yes I agree that the majority, including yourself, have the best interests of the club at heart and wanted Zohore to stay but there are a minority who enjoy criticising the club and take pleasure in spreading rumours and speculation and it is to these people that my comments are directed. I have seen a number of occasions over the years where the club has let the fans down but I didnt get the feeling that this was one of those occasions, mainly because of Warnocks involvement, as he strikes me as being a person who says it as it is and wouldnt stay if he felt the owner and board had other motives than getting the club promoted again.

Yes I agree that the majority, including yourself, have the best interests of the club at heart and wanted Zohore to stay but there are a minority who enjoy criticising the club and take pleasure in spreading rumours and speculation and it is to these people that my comments are directed. I have seen a number of occasions over the years where the club has let the fans down but I didnt get the feeling that this was one of those occasions, mainly because of Warnocks involvement, as he strikes me as being a person who says it as it is and wouldnt stay if he felt the owner and board had other motives than getting the club promoted again.

Rumours and speculation is all part of the game in fairness, and as you say we have been let down by many in authority here over the years so scepticism is understandable. However those who do so with some sort of malice are clearly not supporters of our club, so just ignore them.

Seems we are in a mini golden era at the moment so enjoy, because as we all know it surely can't last.

We have a fair few attention-seekers on here mind. They're pretty easy to spot. I can't say I've really picked up on this from any posters whose opinions are worth considering.