+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: JOHN - GONE ...

JOHN - GONE ...

Re: JOHN - GONE ...

Bye guy.

Good luck Declan. Get some games under your belt.

No one, o'keefe, and pilkington next please.

Hopefully he'll be able to get some game time up there and give his career the kick up the arse it needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Hopefully he'll be able to get some game time up there and give his career the kick up the arse it needs.

Great move for him. Rangers are a massive club.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    And crap teams to play apart from Celtic

In his breakthrough season Declan looked a hot prospect but - and I don't totally absolve the boy of blame - the club and management went into a downward plunge, and I think he simply hasn't had a break since then.

I believe there's a very, very useful player in there somewhere and I hop he gets a break up north.

Interesting, too, how a club like Rangers also feel he can make the grade.

He will never make it at Championship level. He's too slow to a winger and his positioning and inability to tackle render him to be a poor defender. I doubt whether he will be much of a success in Scotland even though the standard is not very good.

Should be a good move. League is so bad he might look like a good player there doesn't have to defend much a bit like matthews at celtic if he gets a good run might even be able to get a fee for him

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    He will never make it at Championship level. He's too slow to a winger and his positioning and inability to tackle render him to be a poor defender. I doubt whether he will be much of a success in Scotland even though the standard is not very good.
    This

I think he's out of contract next summer too? So maybe that's the end of him at City.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    In his breakthrough season Declan looked a hot prospect but - and I don't totally absolve the boy of blame - the club and management went into a downward plunge, and I think he simply hasn't had a break since then.

I believe there's a very, very useful player in there somewhere and I hop he gets a break up north.

Interesting, too, how a club like Rangers also feel he can make the grade.
    "Hot prospect"? Too poor defensively to play at this level as a full back, doesn't offer enough playing on the wing either.

Malone was a far better full back yet got endless stick. Only advantage over Malone that John enjoys is the fact he's local, which makes him equivalent to Maldini or something.

I think he'll do well in Scotland a la Matthews. Good luck to him! What has happened to Fred he seems to have disappeared into thin air?

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    What has happened to Fred he seems to have disappeared into thin air?
    That's literally what has happened. I've heard from my sauce that he's turned into anti-matter.

Good luck to the lad , he was highly thought of at the club ,Wales need him to do well.

Good luck mate hope it works out for him

I've just left the John as well

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    That's literally what has happened. I've heard from my sauce that he's turned into anti-matter.
    Well, that's promising and maybe a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I've just left the John as well

This thread should have been "Declan Gone"