+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tomorrow: When a nation unites in grief

Re: Tomorrow: When a nation unites in grief

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Read up on "old horse-face" !

Charlie was riding her long before any other bint came on the scene.

Both families contrived to make sure Charlie and "old horse-face" never got together.

They don't (didn't) learn from their mistakes with Margaret, Anne, or Andrew. They should have all been allowed to marry who they wanted to, NOT what the "FAMILY" wanted.

William got his "commoner" and Harry will to.
    Very true.

And to think that the British public think that arranged marriages only happen to those pesky foreign types.

Tell you who'll be grieving today David Essex and Bryan Adams........

I was on a stag do on the day of her funeral - A bloke told us off for not being respectful during her funeral procession as we were being boisterous in the pub much to our bemusement. I'd like to think the lady thought more of our actions for not giving two flyers about in her in life and death than the extremely strange bunch being hysterical over a woman they never knew.

As one fella interviewed on tele at the time said he felt more grief over Diana's death than his own wife's

Never doubt the strength of personality cult with the feeble minded

Probably more than any other event in my life, the reaction to Diana's death had me thinking I was completely out of step with the thinking of the Great British public. Like virtually everyone else, I was really shocked when the news first broke of her death and completely understood the tone of the way it was covered on that Sunday, but when the news coverage and reaction from the public got more and more shrill and desperate as the days went on, it almost felt like the country was having a collective nervous breakdown. I was off on pre arranged annual leave for most of that week and it was only when I got back to work that I got the, reassuring, proof that there were other people around who shared my incredulity at what was happening.

The feeling that I'm "marching to a different drum" than what constitutes mainstream public opinion in Britain has become an increasingly common one over the past twenty years, but I've never felt it so strongly as I did in those days following Diana's death.

When her brother made that speech at her funeral, the instantaneous public reaction to it from outside Westminster Abbey still makes me think that it was as close as this country has come to a revolution overthrowing the establishment in my lifetime and the strangest thing is that I believe many of those who would have been there at the front leading it are the very same people who now turn up in their Union Jack clothing for things like Trooping the Colour and Royal birthday celebrations!

I still remember walking in a local pub waiting for the football which was then cancelled. The repeat of the Royal wedding was on and the pub was quiet, till some pissed up pensioner called 'Ronnie' shouted from the back
    'She was a bastard slut'
    Utter carnage then ensued with Ronnie getting some flak.

A near riot took place when the DJ in the Claude later said 'the car she was driving was a ringer, front end a merc and the back end a ****ed up Princess'

I think he got away with 8 stiches and his equipment smashed up beyond repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    Looking at the footage only twenty years ago , how Britain has become so much more multicultural with lovely muslims in their hijab mingling freely with other fellow tourists , enjoying the benefits our nation freely provides . We are truly blessed with a lovely multicultural diversity,. Allahu Akbar peeps
    Hear, hear.

Whenever I'm in Queen Street, which is once every week or two, I like to stand still for a few minutes to observe people passing back and forth, and I'm always heartened by the growing presence of headscarf wearing females and their bearded male companions. I'd like to think that in 10, maybe 20 years it'll resemble Islamabad as areas of London such as Tower Hamlets and Newham already do.

There are those amongst the indigenous population, who consist of racist neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other Brexit voters, who are uncomfortable with this transformation. They must be silenced or be rooted out, exposed and publicly humiliated.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I still remember walking in a local pub waiting for the football which was then cancelled. The repeat of the Royal wedding was on and the pub was quiet, till some pissed up pensioner called 'Ronnie' shouted from the back
    'She was a bastard slut'
    Utter carnage then ensued with Ronnie getting some flak.

A near riot took place when the DJ in the Claude later said 'the car she was driving was a ringer, front end a merc and the back end a ****ed up Princess'

I think he got away with 8 stiches and his equipment smashed up beyond repair.
    go on Ronnie
    I used to love the Claude in the 90s
    ok it was studenty
    but there was something for everyone there

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Probably more than any other event in my life, the reaction to Diana's death had me thinking I was completely out of step with the thinking of the Great British public. Like virtually everyone else, I was really shocked when the news first broke of her death and completely understood the tone of the way it was covered on that Sunday, but when the news coverage and reaction from the public got more and more shrill and desperate as the days went on, it almost felt like the country was having a collective nervous breakdown. I was off on pre arranged annual leave for most of that week and it was only when I got back to work that I got the, reassuring, proof that there were other people around who shared my incredulity at what was happening.

The feeling that I'm "marching to a different drum" than what constitutes mainstream public opinion in Britain has become an increasingly common one over the past twenty years, but I've never felt it so strongly as I did in those days following Diana's death.

When her brother made that speech at her funeral, the instantaneous public reaction to it from outside Westminster Abbey still makes me think that it was as close as this country has come to a revolution overthrowing the establishment in my lifetime and the strangest thing is that I believe many of those who would have been there at the front leading it are the very same people who now turn up in their Union Jack clothing for things like Trooping the Colour and Royal birthday celebrations!
    This might sound strange but the time when I most felt as you described was the night they gave away all those ferking red scarves at the CCS. All the mugs wearing them and smiling. I had a right rant at some of them. Just like a remake of " Invasion of the Body Snatchers ". I felt alone in a crowd of thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Tomorrow marks the 20th anniversary of Princess Diana's death. It remains to this day the greatest tragedy in the history of mankind.

Many public events will commemorate the day. And there will be private tributes too. Her former husband, HRH the Prince of Wales, as a mark of respect has pledged to service Camilla Parker Bowles whilst using a black condom.

How do CCMB-ers plan on remembering The People's Princess?
    When What Who When??

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    Absolutely.

I'm no royalist, but despite the awfulness that they must have suffered they both seem to have turned out to be decent chaps.
    I see an influence from their mother, and likely the events and circumstances that befell her. Perhaps a determined and dogged influence.
    I'm no royalist either but agree her boys have turned out alright. They are not as stiff and dull as their father and his side of the family.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I'm no royalist either but agree her boys have turned out alright. They are not as stiff and dull as their father and his side of the family.
    That's not going to please the many on here.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    This might sound strange but the time when I most felt as you described was the night they gave away all those ferking red scarves at the CCS. All the mugs wearing them and smiling. I had a right rant at some of them. Just like a remake of " Invasion of the Body Snatchers ". I felt alone in a crowd of thousands.
    You weren't alone mate.

I arrived early for that game, and stopped outside for one last smoke. I managed to see inside the concourse, eager to see what new and interesting ways my fellow supporters would find to destroy a scarf only to see people eagerly grabbing their new scarf and wearing it with pride. I nearly turned around and went home at that point.

Fast forward to the following season and a group of boys in the canton waving Blue scarves and flags only to have some middle aged feller near me flicking them the v's and yelling at them. I told him he should be ashamed of himself and was told to feck off by his WIFE!

She and none of the other tax dodgers alive or dead have anything to do with Wales and never ever will. Welsh and European, fek the English.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    That's not going to please the many on here.
    Oh I dunno. I'm no royalist and the thought of jug ears on the throne with that old dog next to him makes me queasy.

William and Harry on the other hand seem normal decent people and at least we have one Royal who deserves to have medals on his uniform.

International

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Oh I dunno. I'm no royalist and the thought of jug ears on the throne with that old dog next to him makes me queasy.

William and Harry on the other hand seem normal decent people and at least we have one Royal who deserves to have medals on his uniform.

3 actually, but never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Well, getting in the same car as a pissed driver and failing to put on a seat belt didn't exactly help.
    Pissed up, sad outcome ,no conspiracy

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    You weren't alone mate.

I arrived early for that game, and stopped outside for one last smoke. I managed to see inside the concourse, eager to see what new and interesting ways my fellow supporters would find to destroy a scarf only to see people eagerly grabbing their new scarf and wearing it with pride. I nearly turned around and went home at that point.

Fast forward to the following season and a group of boys in the canton waving Blue scarves and flags only to have some middle aged feller near me flicking them the v's and yelling at them. I told him he should be ashamed of himself and was told to feck off by his WIFE!
    Funny thing is that I've always seen that night of the red scarves as the night when things began to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    She and none of the other tax dodgers alive or dead have anything to do with Wales and never ever will. Welsh and European, fek the English.
    Except when it comes to playing in their league ?

'When a nation unites in grief'.

You certainly love OTT headlines over there.

I love the smell of fresh whoosh in the morning.

Yeah. I didnt read the post fully. You know what I mean though. Headlines in the media such as this do exist. I don't believe the people believe this shite.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Yeah. I didnt read the post fully. You know what I mean though. Headlines in the media such as this do exist. I don't believe the people believe this shite.
    Indeed.
    Unfortunately think it's fairly clear that some do go along with that kind of thing - willingly.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Pissed up, sad outcome ,no conspiracy
    He was certainly pissed I remember lot's of videos showing his every move.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    I was a there too brother .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I do think the people who line the streets with union jacks are a different breed . Not a great deal going on in their lives so they can take time out to get up to London and celebrate or commiserate some occasion happening in a family that are held on a pedestal because , well because they are . Agreed there was a feeling they were about to find a voice when Diana died .
    I don't understand the need for a royal family myself but that's for another thread .