+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomorrow: When a nation unites in grief

Tomorrow: When a nation unites in grief

Tomorrow marks the 20th anniversary of Princess Diana's death. It remains to this day the greatest tragedy in the history of mankind.

Many public events will commemorate the day. And there will be private tributes too. Her former husband, HRH the Prince of Wales, as a mark of respect has pledged to service Camilla Parker Bowles whilst using a black condom.

How do CCMB-ers plan on remembering The People's Princess?

Re: Tomorrow: When a nation unites in grief

Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Tomorrow marks the 20th anniversary of Princess Diana's death. It remains to this day the greatest tragedy in the history of mankind.

Many public events will commemorate the day. And there will be private tributes too. Her former husband, HRH the Prince of Wales, as a mark of respect has pledged to service Camilla Parker Bowles whilst using a black condom.

remember her opening a park in Ely 20 odd years ago and when she married the FA cup
    the street parties that happened

Phew, for a moment I thought Zohore was off to Everton!

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    remember her opening a park in Ely 20 odd years ago and when she married the FA cup
    the street parties that happened
    Wow. Crazy times. Cool story bro'

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

It's tragic when any young mother is taken away from her children at that early age in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    It's tragic when any young mother is taken away from her children at that early age in my opinion.
    This and this only,not all the crap about a peoples princess.

Even more so when their 'family' were responsible.

I did ( and still do ) feel
    Sorry for her two boys at the time. Having to walk behind the coffin, brought out to the crowds and paraded was pretty ****ing obscene.
    Ironically I had more time for the Queen after, she was right to tell people to **** off, why should she do the faux grieving that a lot of other people were doing

It was not without irony that the mourning public turned on the press as being responsible for her death. It may have been true, of course, but where did the demand for her media coverage come from in the first place? From the very same people who were so deep in mourning and who engaged in such idolatry.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It was not without irony that the mourning public turned on the press as being responsible for her death. It may have been true, of course, but where did the demand for her media coverage come from in the first place? From the very same people who were so deep in mourning and who engaged in such idolatry.
    Well, getting in the same car as a pissed driver and failing to put on a seat belt didn't exactly help.

The people turned on the press and the 'Royals'. A huge public relations job was put in place. Including the sons walking with Carlos.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    I also rode my bike

A sad event but ironically being way over done by the very media who contributed to her demise.

The media know she is still capable of selling copy 20 years later which is what this is mainly about.

What I still don't get is why Charles was happy to swap the lovely Diana for Camilla the frump.

Some sort of fetish I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    A sad event but ironically being way over done by the very media who contributed to her demise.

The media know she is still capable of selling copy 20 years later which is what this is mainly about.

What I still don't get is why Charles was happy to swap the lovely Diana for Camilla the frump.

Some sort of fetish I suspect.
    Nevermind "2 oclockers" shes way past that lol
    maybe she has other talents
    still I wouldn't touch it with a stolen cock lol

Nick has nailed it, very sad to see a young mother who was clearly devoted to her boys lose her life. Sad also of course for the boys.
    But the scenes of people wailing and crying in the streets made me feel very uncomfortable.
    On the Monday after she died one otherwise sane colleague, came into work seething that he'd gone to his local garden centre had had the audacity to be playing their usual piped background manager and let us all know that he'd taken the manager to task about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Nick has nailed it, very sad to see a young mother who was clearly devoted to her boys lose her life. Sad also of course for the boys.
    But the scenes of people wailing and crying in the streets made me feel very uncomfortable.
    Agreed. I don't remember much being asked afterwards about why many reacted in such a needy way. What was she (or any royal) giving them that they were heartbroken to lose?

Then there was Ally McCoist being a tart and going off on one, demanding all the football be postponed for the following week. Sheesh.

Looking at the footage only twenty years ago , how Britain has become so much more multicultural with lovely muslims in their hijab mingling freely with other fellow tourists , enjoying the benefits our nation freely provides . We are truly blessed with a lovely multicultural diversity,. Allahu Akbar peeps

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Even more so when their 'family' were responsible.
    What total bollox!!!!

Absolutely.

I'm no royalist, but despite the awfulness that they must have suffered they both seem to have turned out to be decent chaps.
    I see an influence from their mother, and likely the events and circumstances that befell her. Perhaps a determined and dogged influence.

I worked in London's Guildhall for a few years in the early 1980s.
    One day, Diana was attending a dedication of a few ambulances on the forecourt of said building, whilst I was going back to work after lunch.
    I happened to be about 5 or 6 feet from her. Never bothered before, but at that time I realised that TV and press pics didn't do her justice - she was stunning! (this was before she went too skinny with her eating disorders, of course.)
    Why the hell did Chas dump her for old horse-face?

My rwo sons are approximately the same age as Will and Harry; I can't imagine how they would have felt if they had lost their mum at any age - let alone when they were so young and vulnerable as the princes were.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I worked in London's Guildhall for a few years in the early 1980s.
    One day, Diana was attending a dedication of a few ambulances on the forecourt of said building, whilst I was going back to work after lunch.
    I happened to be about 5 or 6 feet from her. Never bothered before, but at that time I realised that TV and press pics didn't do her justice - she was stunning! (this was before she went too skinny with her eating disorders, of course.)
    Why the hell did Chas dump her for old horse-face?

My rwo sons are approximately the same age as Will and Harry; I can't imagine how they would have felt if they had lost their mum at any age - let alone when they were so young and vulnerable as the princes were.

Read up on "old horse-face" !

Charlie was riding her long before any other bint came on the scene.

Both families contrived to make sure Charlie and "old horse-face" never got together.

They don't (didn't) learn from their mistakes with Margaret, Anne, or Andrew. They should have all been allowed to marry who they wanted to, NOT what the "FAMILY" wanted.

William got his "commoner" and Harry will to.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    Looking at the footage only twenty years ago , how Britain has become so much more multicultural with lovely muslims in their hijab mingling freely with other fellow tourists , enjoying the benefits our nation freely provides . We are truly blessed with a lovely multicultural diversity,. Allahu Akbar peeps
    But, but, the guardian says the UK is a horrible cesspool of hatred?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    What total bollox!!!!
    You're right of course.

It was a complete freak accident.

No way would the establishment ever be involved in dark deeds.