+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brum away and Wurzels away moved to Fri nights

Brum away and Wurzels away moved to Fri nights

Due to Sky coverage. Was hoping this wouldn't happen and we'd stay under the radar. Hope it doesn't hit our away attendances, but the 7.45 kick offs will be a nightmare for most.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/2017/august/fixture-change-birmingham-city-away-selected-for-sky-coverage/

Re: Brum away and Wurzels away moved to Fri nights

Feckers didn't want know about us at the start of the season!

Balls. Was hoping we could get a Saturday late kick off.

So they change Bristol game to 12 midday to avoid trouble, then move it to Friday night instead!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    So they change Bristol game to 12 midday to avoid trouble, then move it to Friday night instead!
    Ridiculous isn't it?
    Is still expect to sell that one out, but the following to Brum will probably be half what it would have been

Money talks

Any word of Bristol being a bubble? Don't want to have to go all the way from London past Bristol to get on a bloody coach in Cardiff.

One would assume that it is on the advice of the police, with potentially thousands of drunken taffs descending upon them and unable to supply the numbers of police needed for such a scenario, that the kick off time was changed in the first place.

I dont know but one would also assume that with all the Sky money now available, some of it will go on additional security and more police.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    One would assume that it is on the advice of the police, with potentially thousands of drunken taffs descending upon them and unable to supply the numbers of police needed for such a scenario, that the kick off time was changed in the first place.

I dont know but one would also assume that with all the Sky money now available, some of it will go on additional security and more police.
    I've been the last two years , no trouble at all. This is just about telly.

The Birmingham game was fixed. They had already chosen the games for that week.
    This is infuriating as I have incurred flight costs. I am cancelling Sky tomorrow.
    I am serious thats £500 they won't be getting from me. Another customer lost.

The Bristol game is okay as it is outside the dates we were told we could depend on not being changed.

I believe, as both games are away, Cardiff City will not receive any Sky money.

Bloody typical. I'm coming over from Oz and booked a flight on the Saturday night to go over to Dublin straight after the game GRRRRR

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Any word of Bristol being a bubble? Don't want to have to go all the way from London past Bristol to get on a bloody coach in Cardiff.
    Same, travelling to Paddington from the East End as well

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    I've been the last two years , no trouble at all. This is just about telly.
    same here mate

yeah corse its about telly most things in football are
    telly dictates kick off times and dates