+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ledley

Re: Ledley

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Perhaps you can point out where Ridsdale mentioned the figures
    Ridsdale didn't Pulis told the press that when he offered £6m and was turned down he asked well how much do you want for him then hoping they'd come back and agree at a higher price.

Going on that as meaning £7m could have been squeezed out of Pulis I remember asking Ridsdale why he didn't take the chance to sell Ledley for £7m and he didn't correct the figure as being wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Presumably you weren't calling him a useless lump in France last summer?
    Plenty of Palace fans who saw him play regularly without Allen, Ramsey and Bale called him far worse...

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    Ridsdale then offered him a bumper new contract with the carrot of being able to leave and earn us millions if we didn't get promoted rather than leave on a free. Ledley turned this down, the argument being on Ledleys side you would imagine that it would have left the club in control on whether or not to let him leave had he have signed it. Footballers only have one relatively short career and as strong as a love for a home town is its natural to want to test yourself at the best level if you have that ability. Ledley did/does.

Should he come it would be an excellent addition no two ways about it.
    This didn't happen.

I didn't have a problem with Joe leaving for free it was joining Celtic that disappointed me it just felt like the easy option to take and at the time the premiership was the place to be

Ridsdale then offered him a bumper new contract with the carrot of being able to leave and earn us millions if we didn't get promoted rather than leave on a free. Ledley turned this down, the argument being on Ledleys side you would imagine that it would have left the club in control on whether or not to let him leave had he have signed it. Footballers only have one relatively short career and as strong as a love for a home town is its natural to want to test yourself at the best level if you have that ability. Ledley did/does.

Should he come it would be an excellent addition no two ways about it.
    Ledley went to a pub league, hardly the best level. If he'd gone to the Prem would have had harder games week in, week out. He went for the money, nothing more, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    This didn't happen.
    Ledley said it didn't Ridsdale said it did.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...ck-joe-1908595

dEal oFf acCoRdiNg to tHe othEr bOaRd

Ledley went to a pub league, hardly the best level. If he'd gone to the Prem would have had harder games week in, week out. He went for the money, nothing more, nothing less.
    True but it's with that team he beat Barcelona in the Champions League.

Heisenberg

Who was in for him at the time from the Premier League? (Genuine question, as from memory, I only remember Stoke being interested)

And LOST to a pub side from, was it Malta or Gibraltar, I can't remember

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Who was in for him at the time from the Premier League? (Genuine question, as from memory, I only remember Stoke being interested)
    Phil Brown at Hull

Ledley said it didn't Ridsdale said it did.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...ck-joe-1908595
    Trustworthy Pete ...!!!

Club handled it in their usual shambolic way. Ken would've been gone weeks ago under the same regime!!

Trustworthy Pete ...!!!

Club handled it in their usual shambolic way. Ken would've been gone weeks ago under the same regime!!
    To Hull for 5m

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    And LOST to a pub side from, was it Malta or Gibraltar, I can't remember
    Imagine striding past Messi after the full time whistle having beaten him at football, mind. Priceless memory for Joe surely.

Trustworthy Pete ...!!!

Some people don't appreciate what a good position we are actually in these days. Sadly.

If it was just about money and he could have gone to the Premier League, don't you think he would have?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    To Hull for 5m
    Money straight to pay a red HMRC letter.

And some to W H Sports Group Ltd for consultant management fees no doubt

https://www.insidermedia.com/insider/wales/77954-

Plenty of Palace fans who saw him play regularly without Allen, Ramsey and Bale called him far worse...
    I know a lot of Palace fans, live near there. They all rated him.

Wasn't Tony watt in that team also scored I think

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Wasn't Tony watt in that team also scored I think
    Yes scoring sub

Heisenberg

Phil Brown at Hull
    In that case...

I get that people are angry that he left for nothing - but if your options are:

Champions League football and (likely) lots of silverware or (likely) struggling for a season in the Premier League under Phil Brown (and living in Hull), I can see why he chose the former.

If a Premier League team with a higher pedigree had been interested then you would have to question his motives more (imo)

"Ledley cost us millions" It's not your money, so don't worry about it. He left, got paid more, played for bigger and better clubs (remember we weren't in a very good state at the time he left) and he's gone on to be a stalwart for the national team. Good luck to him, I'd be more than happy to have him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus_Mills View Post
    "Ledley cost us millions" It's not your money, so don't worry about it. He left, got paid more, played for bigger and better clubs (remember we weren't in a very good state at the time he left) and he's gone on to be a stalwart for the national team. Good luck to him, I'd be more than happy to have him back.
    Agreed. I struggle to understand why people get so bothered over the money sloshing around the football club we support. Nevermind money spent a LONG time ago.

I don't want him back because hes shit. Simple as

Wales online reporting Mutch said to definately be leaving to a championship side on loan. Burton Albion also said to be interested in him.

Mutch or Ledley? Which one would you choose?

Lesley, Much too injury prone