+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ledley

Re: Ledley

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post
    According ***** the deal is off. To quote his post below.

'WAges'
    Deal doesn't have to be done today anyway, ledley is unattached ,

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Allegedly, after all that is supposition on the part of the media.

What's your next argument, we didn't let him go to Stoke so he said "f*ck you" and wound his contract down? Hardly makes either party look good.
    Nobody knows what happened, that is for certain. Everything else is mere speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    I don't know all the ins and outs,I've known his cousin for years and all he said was offer been on table for a while and Ledley hadn't signed it as was keeping his options open
    If true the lad is holding out for a better wage

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Would you give millions of pounds to the club instead of looking after your family? No, thought not.
    I would aim for both, particularly if I knew both were very likely. Small potatoes now though and in hindsight would have made little difference to the way we hemereged cash back then. Not sure if his experience in the spl would be of much use and he didn't feature fir palace much did he?? Do we rock the boat?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    As a free agent, Joe is not bound by deadline day, he can sign at any time. The deadline is for interclub transfers only. Why would there be a rush to sign him today?
    This. Joe more likely to sign if we don't sign anyone today. Not convinced we've even made contact today, certainly hadn't as of a few hours ago

I'm totally aware of that, I was just quoting the king of ITK.

So what the people who are saying we should have taken the money the season previously are saying is.... they would be ok with us selling Gunnarson this summer as he is out of contract next year. ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    So what the people who are saying we should have taken the money the season previously are saying is.... they would be ok with us selling Gunnarson this summer as he is out of contract next year. ?!
    I do believe if the king of fly fishing books is logically consistent, then yes they are.

What I am saying is don't cry if a player runs his contract down when you had the chance to cash in on him.

What I am saying is don't cry if a player runs his contract down when you had the chance to cash in on him.
    I agree. People should just accept it for what it was. A player bettering himself and his finances. I for one would love him to come back.

What's your next argument, we didn't let him go to Stoke so he said "f*ck you" and wound his contract down? Hardly makes either party look good.
    Allegedly? There's quotes from the chairman

I agree. People should just accept it for what it was. A player bettering himself and his finances. I for one would love him to come back.
    Absolutely. It wasn't Joe Ledleys burden the club was in the shit. Joe Ledley had to do right by Joe Ledley.

No need for another argument I'm still waiting for a reasoned argument that Joe Ledley cost the club millions

Perhaps you can point out where Ridsdale mentioned the figures quoted in the article? Hence allegedly.

For all you know, a cheeky low offer of say 500k had been made...

Ledley is whittingham mk2. GOD HELP US ANOTHER USELESS LUMP IN MIDFIELD.

Joe Ledley played 229 times and scored 30 goals for us, one of which was a highlight of any City fans life, the one that got us to an FA Cup final. As far as I'm concerned he owed the club nothing. I don't think this deal will happen, but if it does I will be very pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    Ledley is whittingham mk2. GOD HELP US ANOTHER USELESS LUMP IN MIDFIELD.
    Presumably you weren't calling him a useless lump in France last summer?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We had bids for Ledley going up to £5m the summer before his contract expired, the club should have sold him then, not his fault the club were naive enough to think that a footballer wouldn't go elsewhere for more money
    Pullis bid £7m and was turned down

Would you give millions of pounds to the club instead of looking after your family? No, thought not.
    Do you know, I am so pissede off with having this argument with people, he was offered a job on at ;east 2 x the money...what would any of us do?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Dont take the bait Peasy

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    Pullis bid £7m and was turned down
    Ridsdale then offered him a bumper new contract with the carrot of being able to leave and earn us millions if we didn't get promoted rather than leave on a free. Ledley turned this down, the argument being on Ledleys side you would imagine that it would have left the club in control on whether or not to let him leave had he have signed it. Footballers only have one relatively short career and as strong as a love for a home town is its natural to want to test yourself at the best level if you have that ability. Ledley did/does.

Should he come it would be an excellent addition no two ways about it.

Dont take the bait Peasy
    Oh he's one of them is he? Didn't realise

Perhaps you can point out where Ridsdale mentioned the figures quoted in the article? Hence allegedly.

For all you know, a cheeky low offer of say 500k had been made...
    Yep and for all you know the tribunal could have valued him at £3.50 and a bag of pork scratchings.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Yes I was calling him a lump. You don't have to blindly love all the players to be a supporter btw