+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ledley

Ledley

Twitter reporting he's agreed terms and undergoing medical!?

Re: Ledley

Who on twitter?

Not sure about him, has good experience but I would be concerned that the wages we would pay him would have influence on him starting. At present our midfield is looking as energetic as it has for a long time, would he fit into that?

We do need someone else to compete for a starting spot, injuries will inevitably happen and our current back up in the middle isn't of the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Who on twitter?

Not sure about him, has good experience but I would be concerned that the wages we would pay him would have influence on him starting. At present our midfield is looking as energetic as it has for a long time, would he fit into that?

We do need someone else to compete for a starting spot, injuries will inevitably happen and our current back up in the middle isn't of the same standard.
    Some crap ITK account. Abbandonato at WOL reckons he's one of three we're looking at.

Would love him to come back. The way we play I think we need three quality CMs - Ralls and Gunnar are bound to be tired/suspended/out of form. Ledley would be an excellent addition to that position.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Who on twitter?

https://twitter.com/FL92Transfer/sta...09803396390913

It was just posted on Facebook. #bluebirdsfc or something.
    Probably bollocks but there seems to be something in this as he didn't train this morning.
    Agree with your comments though. Has to be reasonable wages.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Some crap ITK account. Abbandonato at WOL reckons he's one of three we're looking at.

Would love him to come back. The way we play I think we need three quality CMs - Ralls and Gunnar are bound to be tired/suspended/out of form. Ledley would be an excellent addition to that position.
    And he should be match fit by xmas

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    Twitter reporting he's agreed terms and undergoing medical!?
    There is no rush to sign him if Warnock has other preferred options. We would run the risk if him going elsewhere but again nobody else would be in a hurry either with him being out of contract.

Please NOOOOOOOOO , leave us alone were happy,I hate final pay days deals , even Bellers in his last year was over the top.

Didn't he piss off last time and cost the club a fortune?

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post

Ledley won't come here to sit on the bench. The three we've had in midfield so far have earnt the shirt.

Great signing of true.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Didn't he piss off last time and cost the club a fortune?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Ledley won't come here to sit on the bench. The three we've had in midfield so far have earnt the shirt.
    What about injuries, suspensions, loss of form.etc? Shall we not look to improve the team / squad because the 3 in midfield have played well for 5 games?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    No
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Yes.
    Would you give millions of pounds to the club instead of looking after your family? No, thought not.

I think he is obviously can offer something in midfield. He was superb in the Euros for Wales last year. He is vastly experience, although he hasn't played a huge amount in last two season for Palace. And he'll need to get fit too. But Damour looks OK at the moment, sadly Tomlin has yet to find any form.

If we lose any of the current central three in midfield we have Tomlin, Halford and O'Keefe to look forward too, none of whom come close to the form of the current midfielders. So Joe would be a great addition to the squad and I'm sure would look to push for a regular spot in the team should anyone get injured or lose form.

I find it rather funny that some of us feel inclined to turn our nose up at the prospect of signing a current Welsh international, up until recently a premier league player and a cardiff boy to boot, on a free. Bearing in mind the current love-in with a manager who we apparently trust 100%
    Show how far we've come I guess, but while I accept the concerns about Joe's age/pace/fitness we'd be mad not to sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I find it rather funny that some of us feel inclined to turn our nose up at the prospect of signing a current Welsh international, up until recently a premier league player and a cardiff boy to boot, on a free. Bearing in mind the current love-in with a manager who we apparently trust 100%
    Show how far we've come I guess, but while I accept the concerns about Joe's age/pace/fitness we'd be mad not to sign him.
    Apart from Tomlin our central midfield cover against QPR was Greg Halford. And Tomlin doesn't play central mid does he?.

People forget we will get injuries. It is guaranteed. What happens if one of the three get injuries who are starting now??.

Anyone who wouldn't want Ledley is an idiot!.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Apart from Tomlin our central midfield cover against QPR was Greg Halford. And Tomlin doesn't play central mid does he?.

People forget we will get injuries. It is guaranteed. What happens if one of the three get injuries who are starting now??.

Anyone who wouldn't want Ledley is an idiot!.
    Bang on

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Bang on
    Glad to see some supportive posts for this signing if it comes off. People are talking as if Ledley is about 35, he's never been the quickest, but he's always had very good stamina - I fail to see how our squad cannot be stronger with Joe in it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Glad to see some supportive posts for this signing if it comes off. People are talking as if Ledley is about 35, he's never been the quickest, but he's always had very good stamina - I fail to see how our squad cannot be stronger with Joe in it.
    Of course the squad would be stronger but yet again I repeat the question.

Who gets dropped for Ledley to play? There's zero chance he would come here to be a backup. Zero. If there was, then I'd happily have him around. Ralls, Gunner and Damour have all earnt the starting roles.

Who gets dropped for Ledley to play? There's zero chance he would come here to be a backup. Zero. If there was, then I'd happily have him around. Ralls, Gunner and Damour have all earnt the starting roles.
    I'm pretty sure he knows he's here as a back up at the moment - When was the last time he played any competitive football? He can't and won't expect to walk straight back in to the team. He needs to prove himself, when he has got match fit, to be a better option than either Ralls, Damour or Gunnar - He has got his work cut out in that respect and if he does get in there in merit he will be one hell of a free signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'm pretty sure he knows he's here as a back up at the moment - When was the last time he played any competitive football? He can't and won't expect to walk straight back in to the team. He needs to prove himself, when he has got match fit, to be a better option than either Ralls, Damour or Gunnar - He has got his work cut out in that respect and if he does get in there in merit he will be one hell of a free signing.
    Of course he can't expect from our perspective but we're talking about a footballer here. Not always the most rational of people.

There's been very little interest in him from teams at Prem or Championship level. Maybe he only wants to come here. Maybe other mangers see something people here don't. We do need backup for the central midfield area, I just personally would prefer someone younger who can work for the longer term.

Of course he can't expect from our perspective but we're talking about a footballer here. Not always the most rational of people.

There's been very little interest in him from teams at Prem or Championship level. Maybe he only wants to come here. Maybe other mangers see something people here don't. We do need backup for the central midfield area, I just personally would prefer someone younger who can work for the longer term.
    I agree a young hungry player would be great but to have Ledley as back up for CM is for me a far better option than Halford. I have faith in Warnock that he can find that long term CM signing during the next window.

You talk as if the first team is cast in stone - it isn't, there are ebbs and flows in form from all players throughout a forty six game season, people get injured, people get suspended, people have off pitch issues that can effect hoe they perform on it.

To answer your question, my guess is that Ledley would be on the bench initially because of his lack of match practice. However, two things occur to me - first, I remember all of those seasons up until the year we got promoted where promotion bids floundered because, from about March onwards, we had a squad that was running on empty. Second, I remember how tired we looked in the last fifteen minutes against Sheffield United when we were over reliant on Etheridge keeping our two goal lead - we are playing a very physically demanding game in central midfield and I reckon there's every chance that there are going to be times when Warnock will want to shake things up in there for reasons of tiredness, as well as all of the things I listed above.