Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
You talk as if the first team is cast in stone - it isn't, there are ebbs and flows in form from all players throughout a forty six game season, people get injured, people get suspended, people have off pitch issues that can effect hoe they perform on it.

To answer your question, my guess is that Ledley would be on the bench initially because of his lack of match practice. However, two things occur to me - first, I remember all of those seasons up until the year we got promoted where promotion bids floundered because, from about March onwards, we had a squad that was running on empty. Second, I remember how tired we looked in the last fifteen minutes against Sheffield United when we were over reliant on Etheridge keeping our two goal lead - we are playing a very physically demanding game in central midfield and I reckon there's every chance that there are going to be times when Warnock will want to shake things up in there for reasons of tiredness, as well as all of the things I listed above.
my thoughts exactly. Spot on.