+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kennedy to Portsmouth - Loan

Kennedy to Portsmouth - Loan

Fair few outs for us. Wonder if there'll be an in..

Re: Kennedy to Portsmouth - Loan

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Fair few outs for us. Wonder if there'll be an in..
    I hope this is a joke! wtf does this kid have to do to get into the team!

Heisenberg

Good move for Kennedy...

Great move for Loan Watch!

Disappointed with this one. Was looking forward to him having a go this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Penybont Blue View Post
    Me too, I thought he looked really promising in the Portsmouth game

Can't understand this one, I thought he looked decent

I think this is a good move for Matty. He's promising but still a little too lightweight and Warnock needs players who can contribute at the level needed right now. Hopefully he comes back able to do just that

Quote Originally Posted by Penybont Blue View Post
    That was my thoughts till he played a couple of games for us in the cup . He didn't set the world alight and it may be the case he can't quite play at this level and league one or two is his level ?
    He is only out on loan so there is still time for him but the clock is ticking .

Is he still under contract next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    That was my thoughts till he played a couple of games for us in the cup . He didn't set the world alight and it may be the case he can't quite play at this level and league one or two is his level ?
    He is only out on loan so there is still time for him but the clock is ticking .
    Thought he was good against Portsmouth and poor against Burton - I can understand the decision to loan him out and if I had to guess, I reckon he'll leave permanently next summer when his contract runs out.

He needs regular football if he's going to develop, he's not likely to get it here

He's a project

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    He's a project
    I bet Michael Owen and Wayne Rooney could've been looked at and treated the same way. Imagine missing out on their early years..

Kennedy is ready for a first team place

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    I bet Michael Owen and Wayne Rooney could've been looked at and treated the same way. Imagine missing out on their early years..

It's all about opinions but I saw nothing in Kennedy's play in the two Carabao Cup matches to suggest he's real competition for NML or Hoilett for this season, or even as a capable deputy. He's capable but not good enough IMO if we're serious about mounting an assault on the promotion spots this season. Next season he'll have gained more experience and the presence to alter games I hope.

Indeed he is . With Portsmouth in league one .
    He did well enough with Plymouth league two last year .

Pompey live on SKY today

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    It's all about opinions but I saw nothing in Kennedy's play in the two Carabao Cup matches to suggest he's real competition for NML or Hoilett for this season, or even as a capable deputy. He's capable but not good enough IMO if we're serious about mounting an assault on the promotion spots this season. Next season he'll have gained more experience and the presence to alter games I hope.
    I agree with that comment as far as being a starting eleven player, but a deputy? who else do we have that looks a better prospect?

Harris & Ralls both looked useless at first. A few games in they started to take shape and now look at them. I think cameo's from the bench would've really brought Kennedy into the light but that's just my humble opinion ofcourse.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Pompey live on SKY today
    Sub - came on second half, some intelligent play and decent crosses imo. Fully ready for the Championship? Not sure - but I'd rather he got a full season at League One level rather than being on the fringes here.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Sub - came on second half, some intelligent play and decent crosses imo. Fully ready for the Championship? Not sure - but I'd rather he got a full season at League One level rather than being on the fringes here.
    I think this is the key point for Matty. He needs to gain confidence in his ability to be able to influence a game at the higher levels. If he can learn how to boss defenders in League One then hopefully he'll come back for the Summer on a high and ready to stake a claim in our first team squad. You need pace, skill and strength to play Championship level now. I think Matty has the required skill but is not quite quick enough or strong enough yet. One more year should hopefully do it...

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I think this is the key point for Matty. He needs to gain confidence in his ability to be able to influence a game at the higher levels. If he can learn how to boss defenders in League One then hopefully he'll come back for the Summer on a high and ready to stake a claim in our first team squad. You need pace, skill and strength to play Championship level now. I think Matty has the required skill but is not quite quick enough or strong enough yet. One more year should hopefully do it...
    I don't think you've been to the city games I have when he has played in the championship then. He's looked more than capable and full of confidence/class from the first game he came on for us.

Another case of agreeing to disagree is in order here!

I hope this is a joke! wtf does this kid have to do to get into the team!
    Give up the smokes...?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Absolutely. He needs game time and he's a good player in the making.

The only down side is he's a little bit slow and lightweight so wonder if he can slot in at a more central role, Ramsey-esq.

I do feel he's a good passer and play maker so you never know