+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Further evidence tonight that the club is going in the right direction

Further evidence tonight that the club is going in the right direction

On the field the points speak for themselves.
    Off the field the actions and dare I say professionalism of the Management Team and Board appear equally good.

Re: Further evidence tonight that the club is going in the right direction

Good times indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    On the field the points speak for themselves.
    Off the field the actions and dare I say professionalism of the Management Team and Board appear equally good.
    Fully agree with this

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Good times indeed.

Agree.
    4 players moved on who were unlikely to have any part to play and have all been peripheral for years.
    Good chunk of savings on wages.
    It's a long time since we've had a squad where there are no 'hangers on'

One excellent pro in with Bryson . I've no idea why Derby have let him go to a rival. Great midfield cover

Feeney for all the criticism has actually done pretty well against us when he was with Bolton. I have memories of I think 2 thrashings where he had a big part to play.

Looks like he's lost his way - but will just be cheap cover in the wide positions whilst Harris is out

I agree with the comments about how the club's being run.
    For a few seasons now we've all been crying out for a "football man" to guide the board, well we certainly have that in Warnock, and when he eventually retires I really hope there's a place for him in some advisory capacity.
    I'm not sure about the two new signings, but then again I wasn't too sure about most of them!

One question, where does Pilkington now fit in?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I agree with the comments about how the club's being run.
    For a few seasons now we've all been crying out for a "football man" to guide the board, well we certainly have that in Warnock, and when he eventually retires I really hope there's a place for him in some advisory capacity.
    I'm not sure about the two new signings, but then again I wasn't too sure about most of them!

One question, where does Pilkington now fit in?
    Wing!

Pilks is not a bad player it's because he was made to play striker.

Now instead of getting the ball into the box he thinks he can take the world on and score a screamer every single time. Like a 6 year old does down the park.

Massive plaudits and appreciation to Warnock, Tan, Mehmet, Choo and the rest of the board for making this a brilliant transfer window.

It's surely a huge statement of intent as to our ambition this season and beyond.

Can't wait for Fulham away now

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Massive plaudits and appreciation to Warnock, Tan, Mehmet, Choo and the rest of the board for making this a brilliant transfer window.

It's surely a huge statement of intent as to our ambition this season and beyond.

Ditto. Good on them!

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Wing!

Pilks is not a bad player it's because he was made to play striker.

Now instead of getting the ball into the box he thinks he can take the world on and score a screamer every single time. Like a 6 year old does down the park.
    Pilks is the new Paul Parry

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    Pilks is the new Paul Parry
    Good shout

Can't wait for Fulham away now

It would just be nice if some of those who left over the disaster which was the rebrand would
    come back into the fold now that most if not all of their grievances have been met.

Everyone in life deserves a second chance and that includes Tan.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    It would just be nice if some of those who left over the disaster which was the rebrand would
    come back into the fold now that most if not all of their grievances have been met.

It would but that's up to them.

Beyond a core, its results that put bums on seats.

Of course, if they do they will be welcomed by some as "plastics".

I agree, he was wrong, he made a massive error of judgement. He has now righted that wrong, the club is improving massively.

It is somewhat churlish to refuse to watch or support them now.

We probably need to forget about those who've turned their backs on the club and concentrate on enticing, and maintaining a new set of supporters with fresh impetus and enthusiasm.

We did it after the Toshack sale - we can do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I agree, he was wrong, he made a massive error of judgement. He has now righted that wrong, the club is improving massively.

It is somewhat churlish to refuse to watch or support them now.
    I agree, to an extent.

I had similar issues with the Cardiff Devils who I supported home and away for years, the reason I lost interest in them has long gone but once you lose that bug it's hard to get it back and I doubt I'll ever watch them again never mind go back to how it was.

That said I was delighted to see one of my old mates from my days on the bob bank in the 80's at the villa game who had walked away over the rebrand

This thread seems to have been the origin of a Wales on Line story today.

Imagine that's a very small number of people now. Blood is thicker than water

It was a small amount of fans who left. Some very publicly too. Martyrs

Most fans left because we weren't in the Premiership any more and started to play boring football.

Many fans just came just to see a Premier League game and see their favourite top 6 clubs

We probably need to forget about those who've turned their backs on the club and concentrate on enticing, and maintaining a new set of supporters with fresh impetus and enthusiasm.

We did it after the Toshack sale - we can do it again.
    Totally agree.
    The clubs emphasis has to be with the younger fans. I think this is already working with very good ticket sales in the Canton on youth tickets.

Biggest disappointment is the Family Stand. Very cheap tickets but still poor take up.

I reckon 3-4k of the drop in attendance from the last promotion chasing years is down to lower numbers in the Fam Stand as Ninian and Canton have both been pretty full for all 3 homes so far

Hard to see what more can be done there barring promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Totally agree.
    The clubs emphasis has to be with the younger fans. I think this is already working with very good ticket sales in the Canton on youth tickets.

Biggest disappointment is the Family Stand. Very cheap tickets but still poor take up.

I reckon 3-4k of the drop in attendance from the last promotion chasing years is down to lower numbers in the Fam Stand as Ninian and Canton have both been pretty full for all 3 homes so far

Hard to see what more can be done there barring promotion.

Tim, as regards the family stand, a lot of the younger element have moved on since it was first opened and don't wanna go with Mummy & Daddy now, but have moved on to the CANTON.
    Plus, with the new pricing structure, a lot of Mummies & Daddies can now have their darling children with them in the Ninian Stand for a measly £49.

I agree though, that the club need to push, to get NEW FAMILIES in the "Family Stand". Further reductions maybe, for this season.

PS:--- Bless the little darlings in the Canton Stand (hope they bloody stay there though)

😂 let's keep the Ninian as God's waiting room eh !