+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bony back to the Jerks?

Bony back to the Jerks?

Strange one that.

They get rid of a striker that, both Chelsea and Spurs are after and whose goals and play kept them up last season, for someone who has had very little game time in the last couple of seasons and that the likes of Chelsea and Spurs showed no interest in.

Re: Bony back to the Jerks?

I must say I wasn't too impressed with his ball control in the training ground film that Sky showed of him when he was training at Sjoke

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Strange one that.

They get rid of a striker that, both Chelsea and Spurs are after and whose goals and play kept them up last season, for someone who has had very little game time in the last couple of seasons and that the likes of Chelsea and Spurs showed no interest in.
    And not many players return to a club and play as well as they did in their first spell there

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Strange one that.

I doubt that they could hold onto Llorente with the two big London clubs knocking. Going back for a striker who scored plenty of goals on his first spell for £16m less than they sold him for is good business. Bony will get goals because he'll be first choice there I would guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I doubt that they could hold onto Llorente with the two big London clubs knocking. Going back for a striker who scored plenty of goals on his first spell for £16m less than they sold him for is good business. Bony will get goals because he'll be first choice there I would guess.
    You seem to be forgetting that he's fat, lazy and shit.

Apart from that though, a great signing.

Makes you wonder if his unhappy experience since he left them means they're buying back the same player. Time will tell.

Heisenberg

This window could only get better if...

SkySportsBREAKING: News coming out of the Liberty - Michu has come out of retirement to re-sign for #SwanseaCity #Bony&Michu2ElectricBoogaloo

He's taken squad number 2 ...because it's the second time he's been at the club and it's something special to him...BBC...awwhhh bless

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    He's taken squad number 2 ...because it's the second time he's been at the club and it's something special to him...BBC...awwhhh bless
    He wasn't number two the last time they had him, but he is now

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    And not many players return to a club and play as well as they did in their first spell there
    Never works for us, hope it does the same for them.

If they have got the guy who left them they will probably do ok but if its the Stoke version they have bought then they could be in trouble this season.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    If they have got the guy who left them they will probably do ok but if its the Stoke version they have bought then they could be in trouble this season.
    great analysis

Quote Originally Posted by chipspie View Post
    great analysis

Funny how we both got drawn to the jerks thread. I feel a little uncomfortable in here but I guess you feel right at home

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Funny how we both got drawn to the jerks thread. I feel a little uncomfortable in here but I guess you feel right at home
    go home you alcoholic