+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Great transfer window

Great transfer window

It really is. Shows some ambition. Not eye catching o'r like the silly money spent elsewhere, just shrewd signings through the summer plus Bryson is a quality player every time I have seen him. Feeney solid championship player n all. Keeping the best player's at the club..just a great window.

Re: Great transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    It really is. Shows some ambition. Not eye catching o'r like the silly money spent elsewhere, just shrewd signings through the summer plus Bryson is a quality every time I have seen him. Feeney solid championship player n all.
    Squad feel much more solid than last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Squad feel much more solid than last season.
    Not just that, but scope to change things up tactically too.

Blue in the Face

Everyone will agree with you here.

If Patterson and Bryson can get fully fit and stay fit we should be really strong for the season. I'm hoping Bogle comes good, as we may need him too. And hoping Etheridge grows into his responsibility and keeps Camp out of the team. Or Camp comes in and has a blinder.

Test will come when we lose. But we have enough depth to change things. Most balanced squad that I can remember.

Totally agree. Plus nobody coming in on massive wages (which wouldn't happen now) and upsetting squad harmony from the looks of it. I think any player joining Cardiff can know what to expect and or just getting on board with it.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Totally agree. Plus nobody coming in on massive wages (which wouldn't happen now) and upsetting squad harmony from the looks of it. I think any player joining Cardiff can know what to expect and or just getting on board with it.
    Yes. It appears that Warnock means business. We're as one as a team.

A great window for Cardiff. Morrison could have gone but wanted to stay.Zohore could have kicked off and demanded a move to the PL but is happy to stay. Some good signings too.
    A decent window for us but we didn't get that striker in. So decent for us but not great.

We have numerous players in this window alone that have turned down more money from other clubs to play for Cardiff. When has that ever happened?

Our star striker not throwing his toys out the pram pushing for a move.

Real sense of unity. It's getting hard not to be optimistic..

Can't help thinking that Colin is the key to all that is good at the club at the moment.

Players want to play for the man - simple as that.

Roll on the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    A great window for Cardiff. Morrison could have gone but wanted to stay.Zohore could have kicked off and demanded a move to the PL but is happy to stay. Some good signings too.
    A decent window for us but we didn't get that striker in. So decent for us but not great.
    Did you sell anybody?

Compared to the last couple of windows it's pretty good. A loss will inevitably come but I just feel for that the first time in a while the club mean business and are doing so by living within they're means. It's more exciting than just chucking money at the team with no idea or an eye on the bigger picture.

At last that's all over

Time to raise a glass to NW, VT & the board, staff and players. Special call out to Morrison, Bennet and of course Ken for choosing to be Cardiff players.

Big thanks to all involved. Onward and upward together as Bluebirds, united again at last. Thank you Neil x

It's hard to work out how Feeney is going to play much football (maybe he's another Halford type signing?), but,as I've mentioned before, I've yet to see the three or four duds you'd expect there to be when you make the number of signings we did in this window - as stated by others, it's also been very encouraging because of the way important players who were here already have responded to possible transfers out.

All in all, a very good transfer window - just need Gunnarsson and Hoilett contracted here beyond next summer now.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's hard to work out how Feeney is going to play much football (maybe he's another Halford type signing?), but,as I've mentioned before, I've yet to see the three or four duds you'd expect there to be when you make the number of signings we did in this window - as stated by others, it's also been very encouraging because of the way important players who were here already have responded to possible transfers out.

All in all, a very good transfer window - just need Gunnarsson and Hoilett contracted here beyond next summer now.
    Very good points on the Gunnar - Hoilett contracts. I think the former will sign. Not sure about the latter though as he's wound down contracts before. That's part of the reason why I made the prediction that he'll be our player of the season.

Feeney might not play at all and we've only got him till January. We have other options out wide Pilks and Harris (when he comes back). Feeney can be further cover for striker. Perhaps Neil sees him as an insurance policy.

Neil might want to use him as a defensive winger, if there is such a thing. A sub to bring on and get in the faces of the opposition when we're winning. And to protect our more valuable players when games are getting a bit feisty. But maybe that's nonsense.

Feeney is going to be pretty motivated by the fact that Neil has singled him out. He will also be motivated to earn a decent move in January. He could end up being a renaissance man, after all it's hard to perform well in a team on the descend like Blackburn. But either way our season isn't going to depend on Feeney smashing it.

The only thing that panics me is if Zohore gets an injury. He's crucial to how we play

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Did you sell anybody?
    Al Habsburg left and Danny Williams went on a free. A good number of peripheral players left too. Our problem has been with injuries but most players are coming back and we have had a pretty good transfer window. If we had signed a proven striker we would have a great chance of going up.